Pick the 2 for automatics and your 4 for the  Play-Offs. This is a very open division but will be interesting to see who can call it by next May. 

Champions - Middlesbrough 

2nd Leeds 

Play Offs 

Coventry 

Stoke 

Norwich 

West Brom 

Champions: Leeds
2nd: West Brom

Play-Offs
Middlesborough
Southampton
Leicester
Swansea

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Champions: Leeds
2nd: West Brom

Play-Offs
Middlesborough
Southampton
Leicester
Swansea

Swansea? Top half at best, Ipswich will finish way above them. Opinions are great hey! 

Controversal but I think scum will sneek the play offs if they keep their manager past christmas. 
now off to get tin hat and therapy to banish such thoughts. 

Leeds, Millwall (always 1 surprise team), Leicester all up 

West Brom, Middlesbrough,  Southampton losing play off teams. 

Ipswich (amazed how many people have overrated them), QPR, Cardiff relegated

Norwich 12th.

14 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Controversal but I think scum will sneek the play offs if they keep their manager past christmas. 
now off to get tin hat and therapy to banish such thoughts. 

Definitely dark horses and I wouldn’t be surprised if they made the top 6. 

1st Norwich 

2nd Norwich

3rd Norwich 

4th Norwich 

5th Norwich 

6th Norwich 

24th - Ipswich

• Haha 1

It is far too early but in the spirit I'd plump for the following 5 Boro, Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland and Bristol as a surprise.

Leicester have done some good business and look like that are keeping some good players too.

1. Leicester

2. Southampton

3. Boro

4. Leeds 

5. Stoke

6. Norwich

1st. Leicester

2nd. S’ton

3rd. Leeds

4th. Boro

5th. Millwall

6th. Norwich (if we get a CDM)

It's not too late to realise this rebuild is not going as would have been planned.  You would have liked to have new players in the building for the apparent Wagner fitness programme to be effective.  And some indication of players we are interested in pursuing, silence there.  Proposing a promotion push is farcical best we can hope these players can be competitive and more entertaining. 

7 hours ago, Indy said:

Leeds

Southampton

Boro

Watford

Sunderland

Leicester

Indy my thinking also, but would swap Sunderland for Stoke- think they have made a couple of astute signings and will be this years Millwall.

• Like 1

Champions: Leicester 

Second: Leeds 

Plays offs: Boro/Brom/Watford/Scum 

A lot of confidence in City which I wish that I shared.

A lot could happen at Carrow Road in the coming twelve months. The American 'takeover' could be more advanced, Webber will be gone and we couls have a shiny new replacement and there have to be question marks against the manager.

I therefore see the coming season as one of stabilising and re-construction.

However, we still have some remnants of the Premier League years in the system, the manager has actually done the promotion bit before, and we have some backbone in the team that's for sure along with some quite promising youngsters coming through. The new recruits from last season namely Sara and Nunez can only get better for being more settled in.

The next month will be telling and if the right moves are made we could surprise, but there are many "ifs." 

As for the binners they are as much of an unknown factor as we are in as much as they may find the Championship less of a pushover than many of them think it will be.  They do have the advantage of being more settled, firm in ownership, management (for now) and squad.

East Anglia could well have two teams battling it out for local supremacy whilst being mid-table also-rans.

So far it’s been a very underwhelming summer with none of the glaringly obvious needs addressed save for a couple of old battle horses to toughen us up. Still no CDM, still no creativity, still no promise of goals. Anyone sticking us there is not rational, we were in free fall only weeks ago and displaying relegation form. I say if nothing changes we will finish 16th. 
But much could change - it does feel like transition season behind the scenes and not much energy or action on the field - time will tell. 

• Like 1

Lots of people forgetting just how incredibly poor we were towards the end of last season! I hope I'm wrong, but can't share the confidence. 

1: Boro

2: Leeds

Playoff winner: Leicester

Playoff losers: Ipswich, Saints, Sunderland

Norwich to finish about 17th, Wagner gone by Xmas.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

A lot could happen at Carrow Road in the coming twelve months. The American 'takeover' could be more advanced, Webber will be gone and we couls have a shiny new replacement and there have to be question marks against the manager.

However, we still have some remnants of the Premier League years in the system, the manager has actually done the promotion bit before, and we have some backbone in the team that's for sure along with some quite promising youngsters coming through. The new recruits from last season namely Sara and Nunez can only get better for being more settled in.

The next month will be telling and if the right moves are made we could surprise, but there are many "ifs." 

As for the binners they are as much of an unknown factor as we are in as much as they may find the Championship less of a pushover than many of them think it will be.  They do have the advantage of being more settled, firm in ownership, management (for now) and squad.

East Anglia could well have two teams battling it out for local supremacy whilst being mid-table also-rans.

I think we will have to accept this season that the tables have turned and our era of being ahead of the binners is temporarily over. But I only say that based on the fact that Webber and Wagner are still in charge. I think a charging of the guard on both counts could swiftly reverse what I’ve said above. The likes of Gary O’Neil would have been a good appointment this summer. But alas I hope Wagner proves me wrong. And I hope I’m wrong about Ipswich finishing above us. But they do have a Norwich Lambert feel about them. 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

i think i would be Far Confident if we had a New CDM in already still time but would be nice if he was already here ,

worried about some of Wagner's comments like Sorensen Etc can play there ,

Midfield was as big problem in Scoring and creating even though keeping Sara will be a big plus this season ,

Not enough has changed for me in the rebuild for me to see massive improvements so expect the same ,

i think as soon as a New DOF is appointed Wagner if we are sitting anywhere around mid table will be gone ,

Seeing what Luton did, it's very difficult to predict. You would expect the relegated teams to be in the top 6 and I wouldn't mind betting at least 1 of the promoted League One teams will sneak into the top 6 as well.

What we don't have is momentum or much goodwill for the manager, or if we do it's bloody halfhearted, and we'll do well to improve upon last season's 13th.

I think Coventry will struggle to repeat last season and might even find themselves scrapping around the bottom half if not worse.

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Seeing what Luton did, it's very difficult to predict. You would expect the relegated teams to be in the top 6 and I wouldn't mind betting at least 1 of the promoted League One teams will sneak into the top 6 as well.

What we don't have is momentum or much goodwill for the manager, or if we do it's bloody halfhearted, and we'll do well to improve upon last season's 13th.

I think Coventry will struggle to repeat last season and might even find themselves scrapping around the bottom half if not worse.

Keeping Hamer is key, that said they’ve spent a few quid and expect more signings soon. 

Really, you can't look at the league this season and say with any confidence that any team will be in the top six. It's going to be fascinating because there isn't a single weak team there - maybe Rotherham - but select any six teams out of the other 22 and you could say they have a case for being a top six side.  Swansea, Coventry, Stoke, etc etc.....any of them..........which also means any team could find themselves at the wrong end of the table...........

On 21/07/2023 at 00:29, CDMullins said:

Leicester have done some good business and look like that are keeping some good players too.

1. Leicester

2. Southampton

3. Boro

4. Leeds 

5. Stoke

6. Norwich

4/6 (as it stands) was good predicting. 

On 21/07/2023 at 07:24, S_81 said:

Champions: Leicester 

Second: Leeds 

Plays offs: Boro/Brom/Watford/Scum 

Very good! 

On 21/07/2023 at 06:54, Yellow Green Army said:

Southampton

Leicester

Boro

Leeds

Norwich

Ipswich

To be fair, this is a pretty damned good prediction, just replace Boro with Brom and reorder a bit.... So essentially one letter and an Eric Morecombe away.

• Like 1