Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop's Big Question: Who is the Most Obscure Norwich City

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me!" 

Greetings, passionate Norwich City fans! It's time for a new segment that will challenge your knowledge and ignite lively discussions. Welcome to Yobocop's Big Question of the week!

This week's question is an intriguing one: Who is the most obscure Norwich City player of all time? We're diving deep into the archives to uncover those lesser-known heroes who donned the yellow and green. But first, let's define what we mean by "obscure."

Obscure, in this context, refers to players who may not have achieved widespread fame or left a lasting impact on the club's history. These are the players who slipped under the radar, yet their contributions shouldn't be forgotten. Think of those hidden gems who made fleeting appearances or had short-lived careers at Carrow Road.

As we ponder this question, a few names come to mind: players like the enigmatic midfielder who dazzled in a single season, or the striker who scored a memorable goal but vanished shortly after. These are the unsung heroes who deserve their moment in the spotlight.

But wait, there's more! Yobocop's Big Question will become a regular feature, exploring various topics related to our beloved club. As the inevitable march towards 40 continues for me, and sleep becomes a precious commodity, I'll be here to provide entertaining discussions for all Norwich City fans.

And to conclude, let's remember the iconic words of Robocop: "I'd buy that for a dollar!" Stay tuned for the answers to our big question, and may your passion for Norwich City never waver.

Yours in yellow and green,
Yobocop

Gaetano Giallanza. Played a few games and looked great. Then got injured for the rest of his time here. 

Then he was Timm kloses agent and sorted out his move here.

Obscure enough?

• Like 4

David Fairclough. Supersub at Liverpool, scoring in European competition and pretty much a footballing household name for being a weapon on the bench. 

Not with us.

See also Gary Rowell and David Hodgson-who got a hat trick for us in one of his few games.

Recently looking through a Panini '83 sticker album and happened upon this player in the Norwich team.

Been going to carrow road for 42 yrs and thought I could recall every player in that time but have absolutely no recollection of him. Apparantly played 4 times for us in 82/83

tumblr_ns1lklvV3R1uzii4ro1_400.jpg

• Confused 1

Henrik Mortensen
so excited we had signed a young foreign player and was impressive at Denmark international youth levels 

Javi Garrido is a player who I completely forgot played for us and a glance at Wikipedia shows he made 47 appearances for us. 

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Who's that bloke Alex Neil signed for about a million and we saw little of?

Andreu 

• Thanks 1

Think we all forgot Thomas Helveg pretty quickly. Although his compatriot Jens Berthel Askou still has the honour of actually honking one clearance onto the South Stand roof.

Edited by TheGunnShow

29 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Phil Lythgoe. John Bond said he was a Rolls Royce of a player minus the odd vital part. Went from on England B stand by to playing in local amateur football in the blink of an eye. Terrible waste.

Doesn't he work for the club now in player liaison,  he's invariably in the " X's first day' videos somewhere in the background, that or the chap who picks them up from the airport/hotel and drops them off at Colney.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Recently looking through a Panini '83 sticker album and happened upon this player in the Norwich team.

Been going to carrow road for 42 yrs and thought I could recall every player in that time but have absolutely no recollection of him. Apparantly played 4 times for us in 82/83

tumblr_ns1lklvV3R1uzii4ro1_400.jpg

Remember him making his debut in a draw at arsenal 

18 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Doesn't he work for the club now in player liaison,  he's invariably in the " X's first day' videos somewhere in the background, that or the chap who picks them up from the airport/hotel and drops them off at Colney.

Yes, great bloke too 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canario said:

Is the answer Joseph Yobo?

There’s no right or wrong answer but that is a good shout…stay out of trouble 

• Haha 1

If we're talking about obscure or forgotten players who actually made a contribution, then I'm going for Fraser Forster. 

He played here for one season on loan in 2009/10, the League One promotion season, and was runner-up behind Grant Holt in the fans' Player of the Season and actually won the players' vote.

Yet when we think of players from that era, nobody ever seems to mention him.

Also, 13 years on, he's still playing Premier League football but when he appears, I never seem to think, 'oh, he used to play for Norwich', in the same way as other former loanees, which feels weird.

• Like 2