I know not everyone's cup of tea but,  On ssn today saying looking for a club and still very hungry, I know getting on a bit but even as a 'super sub' definitely knows where the goal is, especially in the championship. 

Christ isn't he about 40? Already got people mocking us for signing OAP's..

Then again arguably one of the best strikers the championship has ever seen next to Pukki, no doubt about it

• Like 1

He's 38!!

Seems Coventry are interested. If I was a fan of theirs I might feel slightly dispondent at this point with Gyokeres going.

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Christ isn't he about 40? Already got people mocking us for signing OAP's..

Then again arguably one of the best strikers the championship has ever seen next to Pukki, no doubt about it

you spend to much time worrying about other people and trawling ****ting sub reddits and forums/ social media

we signed 1 34 year old  and one 31

its  known fact football fans myself included know little to nothing about football , its been proven multiple times or the last ten years on this forum alone

Edited by Paul101

1 minute ago, Paul101 said:

its  known fact football fans myself included know little to nothing about football , its been proven multiple times or the last ten minutes  on this thread alone

Sorted!

• Haha 1

He fits in perfectly with our current aquisition criteria.

Old, cheap and past it.

He must be on our short list

Edited by Making Plans
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

We got Barnes for the grandad role!  

The same Barnes that pulled our back 4 all over the place last season in both games! 

Nope that ship has sailed, depending on what level he is prepared to play at, I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire

7 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

That’s the one!   

Billy Sharp has been doing much the same to us for Sheff U for several years.  No doubt he’ll turn out for someone like Rotherham and do it to us again.

15 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

The same Barnes that pulled our back 4 all over the place last season in both games! 

He was not alone in doing that by a long chalk.

• Like 4

Why don't we bring back Dion Dublin?

He knows the club and always cheers me up when I see him on those Bryan's Gunn Twitter videos.

26 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Every team did that that 😔😔😂 (hopefully ip**** won't) 

57 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He's 38!!

Seems Coventry are interested. If I was a fan of theirs I might feel slightly dispondent at this point with Gyokeres going.

They’ve signed the lad from Everton to replace Gyökeres and a Japanese international. Coventry are starting to spend and have sold over 18,000 season tickets (nothing to match Norwich but they have momentum) 

10 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Why don't we bring back Dion Dublin?

He knows the club and always cheers me up when I see him on those Bryan's Gunn Twitter videos.

Can probably hook some fans up with a decent 3 bed semi-Detached while he's here too 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Yeah, be good to get those tripod jokes doing the rounds again ( wink )

“Magnificent” was the quote from Sir Alex Ferguson when first seeing Dion in the dressing room. 

32 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They’ve signed the lad from Everton to replace Gyökeres and a Japanese international. Coventry are starting to spend and have sold over 18,000 season tickets (nothing to match Norwich but they have momentum) 

Only some 2000 short though? Good to see the natives flocking back to The Ricoh (or whatever its called now). 

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Only some 2000 short though? Good to see the natives flocking back to The Ricoh (or whatever its called now). 

Fair play to them after surviving on 6,000 crowds at Birmingham. Sounds like the fans are buying in to the Norwich supporter owners ideas. 

4 hours ago, daz said:

I know not everyone's cup of tea but,  On ssn today saying looking for a club and still very hungry, I know getting on a bit but even as a 'super sub' definitely knows where the goal is, especially in the championship. 

NO 

We have acquired our fair share of ageing pros, bought in for a purpose. By all accounts the reason for getting them on the books has been fulfilled.

Time to revert to Plan A. I'm one of those who is emphatic about our need for a.n. other striker though. If our own products are considered unready then a young promising goal-getter from the lower leagues or abroad, even a loanee from the PL. Somebody to get excited about and to abate fears about some of the question marks against our current three when it comes to hitting the net on a regular basis.

Of course, it might not come off, but it would, imo, be better than relying on the current precarious status quo.

If did come off then we could have a valuable asset on our hands. Coventry has spent a fortune on a promising youngster, whilst the binners are obsessed about George Hirst from Leicester. We cannot, it seems, spend the fortunes required for even unproven players on Premier League books, so it needs to be up to our scouting  prowess to unearth a gem. Wishful thinking, but better than nothing being done to address shortcomings in this most vital of areas.

Edited by BroadstairsR