So we’re told that Max and Omo will have to be sold to keep the club alive, if rumours are true you can add Angus to the list. What a complete mess this club is, the phrase “ piseed money up the wall” was never more appropriate. Still, as long as S and J can swan around to away games in a private plane, everything is well with the world 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

So we’re told that Max and Omo will have to be sold to keep the club alive, if rumours are true you can add Angus to the list. What a complete mess this club is, the phrase “ piseed money up the wall” was never more appropriate. Still, as long as S and J can swan around to away games in a private plane, everything is well with the world 

Could you provide a link to that quote please?

Thanks. 

• Like 3

Wasn't Angus always on the list of possible departees?

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Where were we told this?

I only ask because Wagner most recently said we don't have to sell anyone. But of course you have a more up to date quote for me..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Where were we told this?

I only ask because Wagner most recently said we don't have to sell anyone. But of course you have a more up to date quote for me..

We weren’t. We’ve been told we don’t need to sell anyone, sales will be on our terms.

But at the same time, Wagner has been pretty clear that there will be further ins and outs - one obvious leaver is Max as he’s in the last year of his contract. And SW said he’d ‘be surprised but pleased’ if Omo was still here in his end of season interview.

It seems that we need to sell to generate ££ to buy players, but that is a massive leap from that to needing to sell to keep afloat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

the phrase “ piseed money up the wall” was never more appropriate

You've been watching 'Allo 'Allo re-runs haven't you?

I was never that keen on Gunn so I’ll be pleased if we can get rid of him and get back some of the £m’s we spent on him. His stock is reasonably high at the moment as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

I was never that keen on Gunn so I’ll be pleased if we can get rid of him and get back some of the £m’s we spent on him. His stock is reasonably high at the moment as well. 

Well that’s ok then. Perhaps you could provide us with a list of those players you are keen on and we can focus on those. If you would also attach a copy of your coaching qualifications that would be helpful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

You forgot to mention the number of sh*t stirring tawts the club has amongst its so called fans.

We've had lots of 'keepers superior to Angus Gunn, his dad for one.

He is an excellent shot-stopper and his positioning is spot on, but he could still do with being more commanding in the area, imo.

If Krul brushes off the cobwebs from last season I feel that it would be the thickness of a sheet of paper as to who should be preferred.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

It seems pretty clear that we need to sell before we can buy (of any note) but not to 'keep the club alive'. Where have you heard that?

Seems strange we are undertaking feasibility studies in extending the City Stand if our existence is that perilous.

Perhaps I should have said “ keep the club alive AND KICKING “ Still think for a club that has had many seasons in the top flight we’re in a financial mess of our own making 

48 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

We've had lots of 'keepers superior to Angus Gunn, his dad for one.

He is an excellent shot-stopper and his positioning is spot on, but he could still do with being more commanding in the area, imo.

If Krul brushes off the cobwebs from last season I feel that it would be the thickness of a sheet of paper as to who should be preferred.

Krul is awful, I really don't see how anyone thinks otherwise. He is not a suitable no.1. For me in order achieve anything this season Gunn needs to stay irrespective of what offers are received.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Perhaps I should have said “ keep the club alive AND KICKING “ Still think for a club that has had many seasons in the top flight we’re in a financial mess of our own making 

…[waits for the next clarification that you meant “keep the club alive AND KICKING AND IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE”, followed by “keep the club alive AND KICKING AND IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE FOR MORE THAN ONE SEASON”, followed by “keep the club alive AND KICKING AND WINNING THE PREMIER LEAGUE”.]…

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If someone really did offer £20m+ for Omobamidele last season and Webber 'didnt' take it that wss fairly neglegent. 

He sat on the bench for most of the second half of the season up until Hanley's injury 

It is a constant annoyance that we sell players. Just as we seem to get a group of players together they go off to bigger clubs.

I wonder how many sites like this are saying the same thing.

We will be gutted if we lose AO as we seem resigned to losing Max. But imagine the meltdown with Spurs fans that Harry Kane might be leaving. They won't be saying "but he didn't cost us anything so its all profit". They will be talking about the lack of ambition of a big club etc.

I am old enough to remember the Ron Davies sale and the accusations thrown at the club. And move on over 50 years and we are still talking about the same thing. And in that period we have spent nearly half the time in the top tier. Norwich is a lovely City and prices are reasonable in comparison.

So why would anyone want to leave? Obviously because some want more money. Some think it enhances their ambitions, particularly internationally, some because they may go to a club in European competition.

We just have to face facts that even with Attanasio giving us his entire fortune, we would take a decade at least t o become accepted as a club in a position to perhaps buy instead of selling.

All this talk about Max & Omo being sold, but what if nodbody actually comes in for them? Then what?

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

All this talk about Max & Omo being sold, but what if nodbody actually comes in for them? Then what?

They stay with us.

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

Time to get the blanket out again for a whip round for any loose change

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

So we’re told that Max and Omo will have to be sold to keep the club alive

Today, on 'sh!t that never happened but I need something fresh to moan about'

12 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

So we have to invent stuff now, just so certain folk can slag off the club. I could be wrong and you have veritable evidence of this claim. The floor is yours ..........

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Krul is awful, I really don't see how anyone thinks otherwise. He is not a suitable no.1. For me in order achieve anything this season Gunn needs to stay irrespective of what offers are received.

Absolutely agree. With the ball at his feet Krul is a total liability.

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Evidence of this 'financial mess' you claim.

27 minutes ago, RobJames said:

So we have to invent stuff now, just so certain folk can slag off the club. I could be wrong and you have veritable evidence of this claim. The floor is yours ..........

Well said my friend