Him doing a great, solid job at left back and then playing the full 90+ as the U21's won the final has surely bumped his price up a bit? Winning things and versatility right there. Ok, he's in his last year so the £20m rumoured a while back may have passed but we all knew that.

What price would you lot say he's worth? 

Transfermarkt has him at £16m. We'd gotta be happy with anything near that right?

Looked a decent prospect:)

Maybes we should put a cheeky bid in, up his pay and resolve any uncertainty about our left back position !!

Only half joking 🙂

11 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Maybes we should put a cheeky bid in, up his pay and resolve any uncertainty about our left back position !!

Only half joking 🙂

The thing is that due to a degree of financial mismanagement by he who must be obeyed it does seem that the majority of us are not only resigned to selling one of our best players, but are actually willing it on.

Some have even kidded themselves that Max is not the best of defenders after all and that his form last season was poor, rather than a bit below par.

Whilst I will always advocate that we need full-backs who primarily are defenders rather than of equal value in defence and attack it does seem a major pity that yet another cornerstone of our recent success will be leaving the club.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, For the future said:

Every year we sell our good players when we need to keep them and go back to the premier league and stay there.

You’re not really keeping up, are you: we did keep Max, the issue is that if we want to get anything for him it has to be this summer.

• Like 1

I would question the abilities of Max.  Not a good defender at RB, doesn't get forward a lot and when he does fails to provide any assist.  Strictly limited player if we can get £10m it will be a steal.

I think max has gone backwards the last couple of seasons , he really hasn't kicked on like lots of us expected , a move suits both parties, I predict will get 12 million for him.

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter what we get for Max as Wagner will see very little of it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, For the future said:

Every year we sell our good players when we need to keep them and go back to the premier league and stay there.

Thanks for that.

I've been going since 1972 & that's always been the same, even after finally getting into Europe we sold instead of building, so don't hold your breath! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It doesn't really matter what we get for Max as Wagner will see very little of it.

It matters a great deal even if Wagner doesn't see much of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The thing is that due to a degree of financial mismanagement by he who must be obeyed it does seem that the majority of us are not only resigned to selling one of our best players, but are actually willing it on.

Some have even kidded themselves that Max is not the best of defenders after all and that his form last season was poor, rather than a bit below par.

Whilst I will always advocate that we need full-backs who primarily are defenders rather than of equal value in defence and attack it does seem a major pity that yet another cornerstone of our recent success will be leaving the club.

Max has said himself its time to move on so its either sell now or lose for nothing next year

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

Max has said himself its time to move on so its either sell now or lose for nothing next year

It's probably overdue as well, but we are still losing one of our best players and, as I said we are resigned to it and even willing for it because we are desperate for the money.

Of course, if he wants off then get what we can, but it appears the club is not in a position to even attempt to keep the player.

Aarons for 10 /15 million is cheap for someone out of the England Under 21 squad 

English / Experience / Pace can still improve with right coaching ,

we have little choice due to contract running down to cash in

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Aarons for 10 /15 million is cheap for someone out of the England Under 21 squad 

English / Experience / Pace can still improve with right coaching ,

we have little choice due to contract running down to cash in

He will go to one of those clubs, we would wish we could compete with if only we had some owners with some toot.

someone like a Fulham, Crystal Palace, forest etc 

• Like 1

I think he's probably worth circa £15m plus in all honesty. His age and under 21 status should mean that plus add ons. Anything less would constitute a poor sale in my view, especially as they're should be a number of teams interested pushing up the price.

15 minutes ago, Big O said:

He will go to one of those clubs, we would wish we could compete with if only we had some owners with some toot.

someone like a Fulham, Crystal Palace, forest etc 

MA better get his wallet out or little point him taking over 

4 hours ago, crispeduk said:

Only half joking 🙂

I know you’re only half joking but he doesn’t want to be at NCFC anymore, there were times last season where players weren’t putting in the effort at training and in matches and this upset max to the extent he made a few enemies at Colney 

wonderful servant at norwich and deserves his move now, I wouldn’t know but given his contract is up soon probably about 12m 

27 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think he's probably worth circa £15m plus in all honesty. His age and under 21 status should mean that plus add ons. Anything less would constitute a poor sale in my view, especially as they're should be a number of teams interested pushing up the price.

The only issue that he has one year left on his contract and he has made it clear that he wants to leave, which makes it a buyer's market.

The negotiation meeting for the sale will have an hour set aside in the diary. After 45 minutes of tough negotiations, Max will suddenly jump up, scream loudly and collapse like he has just been shot. The parties to the negotiations will become distracted, forget what they were arguing over and as they check on Max's condition, he gets up with a sly wink at his agent as if nothing has happened. Negotiations restart, with the buying club conceding and pay Max a couple of million more! 

• Haha 2

Honestly can't see anyone coming in for him. Nobody from the Championship (maybe Leeds if they can afford it), None of the top half Prem teams, none of the three promoted clubs to the prem. I think literally 3 or 4 lower end Prem teams at best would consider him and, tbh, he hasn't been hugely convincing as a defender. I can see him staying this season and going for free next Summer.

Edited by Michael Starr

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The only issue that he has one year left on his contract and he has made it clear that he wants to leave, which makes it a buyer's market.

Noted then I would say circa 10m plus add ons would probably represent a more realistic figure.

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Honestly can't see anyone coming in for him. Nobody from the Championship (maybe Leeds if they can afford it), None of the top half Prem teams, none of the three promoted clubs to the prem. I think literally 3 or 4 teams at best in England would consider him and, tbh, he hasn't been hugely convincing as a defender. I can see him staying this season and going for free next Summer.

Can't see that at all with respect. He'll go for lower half prem team and be first choice there. Plus it adds weight to the home grown quota for teams where people pay a premium for an English player, plus an under 21 england player. I suspect the interest is already there, it's just a matter of him returning this weekend before anything materializes.

9 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Idiot Post of the Week - though fair dos, a couple of the usual suspects have run you close in this thread

Aarons has said he wants to leave. The idea that we try and force him to stay so that we get nothing for him next summer is absurd.

There is no financial mismanagement. There was the pandemic when City were unable to sell tickets. You might have noticed COVID, it was in all the papers, and even on the telly., honestly. The loan is being paid in two stages. Not dependent upon any sales, otherwise the club would not have been able to state that as certain. 

If we had the loony view you and others on here have we would not have been able to sign Godfrey., Maddison, Aarons etc as players are not supposed to leave their club for better wages and a higher level. 

And as to the other idiot comment about how we should be able to stay in the PL, then do explain why Leeds, S'oton, WBA, Boro, Cardiff, Blackburn, H'Field, Swansea, Stoke, S'land, Bolton etc have not been able to stay in the PL.

And why if you hate NCFC do you spend so much time posting yp that hatted ?

36 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Honestly can't see anyone coming in for him. Nobody from the Championship (maybe Leeds if they can afford it), None of the top half Prem teams, none of the three promoted clubs to the prem. I think literally 3 or 4 lower end Prem teams at best would consider him and, tbh, he hasn't been hugely convincing as a defender. I can see him staying this season and going for free next Summer.

He’s going Roma 

Max & Todd were not meant to be here after our last relegation, much to the bemusement of She who must be obeyed.

While Max’s attitude has been first class, he should have banging the door down to get a move a long time ago, as it would have benefited him and Norwich City by selling him at his peak.

I’ve always understood that we are a selling club as that has always been the case, much to the chagrin of some previous managers. But if you are a selling club, you have to sell your players at the right time regardless of what their views are. In both Max’s & Todd’s case, the club have not maximised their assets and in the world of a fading self funding model, that is very bad business indeed. 

19 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Idiot Post of the Week - though fair dos, a couple of the usual suspects have run you close in this thread

Aarons has said he wants to leave. The idea that we try and force him to stay so that we get nothing for him next summer is absurd.

There is no financial mismanagement. There was the pandemic when City were unable to sell tickets. You might have noticed COVID, it was in all the papers, and even on the telly., honestly. The loan is being paid in two stages. Not dependent upon any sales, otherwise the club would not have been able to state that as certain. 

If we had the loony view you and others on here have we would not have been able to sign Godfrey., Maddison, Aarons etc as players are not supposed to leave their club for better wages and a higher level. 

And as to the other idiot comment about how we should be able to stay in the PL, then do explain why Leeds, S'oton, WBA, Boro, Cardiff, Blackburn, H'Field, Swansea, Stoke, S'land, Bolton etc have not been able to stay in the PL.

And why if you hate NCFC do you spend so much time posting yp that hatted ?

Stupid post of the week.

I won't even bother to deal with that tirade of insults against myself and many others except to say that if you consider the vast millions spent on the purchases and  loans and wages that have indebted the club whilst waiting for the last of the parachute payments were anything but mismanagement then you are among the few.

As for your stupid comment in the very last sentence of your ridiculous riposte, using the word hatred with ignorant abandonment in the way you have? Then grow up!

The rest was just hackneyed ****e, inaccurate and somewhat deranged.

Repeat. Grow up!

I ahve never once said that we should be able to remain in the PL, just that we should not throw the towel at the moment we get there.

You seem to have managed to encompass a whole load of postings on here and accredited them to just myself.

What are you on? Dyslexic medication?

Edited by BroadstairsR