This isn't the Farke that came to Norwich in 2017. When he came to Norwich he declared confidently that his football would be to dominate possession and was quite dictatorial about what he would demand, but in this interview he won't talk about what his football will be like!  He speaks a lot - but doesn't say much!  He doesn't talk about keeping in the present moment and his philosophy and interesting things about his ideas - his language is much more jargonistic. In short he doesn't look that confident to me. Almost nervous - a stark contrast to his arrival at Norwich where he seemed so sure of himself from day one. Interesting.

Compare that to his first interview at Norwich, much more relaxed.....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

This isn't the Farke that came to Norwich in 2017. When he came to Norwich he declared confidently that his football would be to dominate possession and was quite dictatorial about what he would demand, but in this interview he won't talk about what his football will be like!  He speaks a lot - but doesn't say much!  He doesn't talk about keeping in the present moment and his philosophy and interesting things about his ideas - his language is much more jargonistic. In short he doesn't look that confident to me. Almost nervous - a stark contrast to his arrival at Norwich where he seemed so sure of himself from day one. Interesting.

He's more experienced now. Ironically, it probably means he understands the complexities of the job better than when he started with us. It may also mean that his brief at Leeds will be less about player development and more finding the best way to get the best out of what he has.

The Leeds chant of "Marching on together" is now going to be "Farking on together"......not a patch on "Farke life"...... 😅

Edited by lake district canary
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He's more experienced now. Ironically, it probably means he understands the complexities of the job better than when he started with us. It may also mean that his brief at Leeds will be less about player development and more finding the best way to get the best out of what he has.

I think you are right 

Leeds are a totally different club more resources I think they were looking at a CB 15/20 million ! 

farke main focus will be first team , if has gained experience from his last job and maybe defend better Leeds will be hard to stop 

I think farke has more scope to improve his tactics if he gets that right with resources we will see if he s as good as we thought 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

I think you are right 

Leeds are a totally different club more resources I think they were looking at a CB 15/20 million ! 

farke main focus will be first team , if has gained experience from his last job and maybe defend better Leeds will be hard to stop 

I think farke has more scope to improve his tactics if he gets that right with resources we will see if he s as good as we thought 

This is the issue for us. Sure, he turned our team of free agents and youth players into a force that dominated the championship but then fell apart as soon as he went into the top flight as he was never backed in the transfers.

Unlike us however Leeds can back him in the transfers.

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

So he is like you then, talks a lot but doesn’t say much 🤣🤣🤣

Agent Farke is in place. Let's hope he is as successful as agent Lambert was at Ipswich.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 03:16, TheBaldOne66 said:

And so do you ffs! Can’t see anything wrong! Just keep clapping 👏👏👏

See this is where you come undone. Not a happy clapper (they don't exist by the way, just some extreme folks sort of bogeyman creation)  I just dislike the BS brigade. 

I'm not missing anything despite your pathetic attempts to suggest otherwise, just as you do to other posters who dare disagree with you / point out the logic failures etc.

11 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's like watching your ex hook up with the entire Leeds first team:

And for some reason it's Bamford that feels like the final straw...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 06/07/2023 at 14:20, sgncfc said:

Agent Farke is in place. Let's hope he is as successful as agent Lambert was at Ipswich.

I expect him to do well for them, but it's a bit strange because when he arrived with us, he was absolutely clear what he wanted, what he expected and we all knew exactly what his regime would be like. It was the clarity of thought and directness that made it easier to buy into it.  At Leeds he hasn't said what he will be like - in fact he avoided the question, just saying "we will work hard".

Its also a bit like when Wagner was asked the same question at the recent fan event - he avoided it, saying we would do all kinds of things, without being specific. I thought it was a bit of a cop out.

One thing for sure, this season is going to be more of a roller coaster than any other we've had, so many strong clubs, clubs who are a year or two ito their projects and us just starting a rebuild......

Hold on to your hats!!

Leeds and Leicester will both walk it this season. Southampton may struggle a bit. I can't see how we can compete this season to be honest and I don't think any of us will be happy with anything short of top 6 again so... expecting a "transitional season". Next Summer may look very different to this Summer.

5 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Leeds and Leicester will both walk it this season. Southampton may struggle a bit. I can't see how we can compete this season to be honest and I don't think any of us will be happy with anything short of top 6 again so... expecting a "transitional season". Next Summer may look very different to this Summer.

I think Southampton’s squad is far superior to Leeds’. Leeds have a lot of buying to do this summer. 

No one will walk it this season with their current squads. Leicester have so much to do in a month or so. They've lost, or are losing their entire midfield; Vardy isn't the player to be feared anymore, and their defence is bereft of quality. Leeds have already lost two centre backs and couldn't score enough goals last season. I don't see Bamford as a Farke player.

Southampton will be in transition to Russell Martin's style for the first 6 months.

As for the other strong teams from last season - Middlesbro have lost their 6 loanees and have replaced 4 of them with unknowns and players from Australia. Blackburn were already flaky and have lost Brereton and Dack. Millwall and Coventry are probably the strongest at the moment.

If Ipswich get off to a flier they could keep their momentum going. Lose the first two or three though and they'll struggle. Stoke have made a couple of very astute signings (Ben Pearson and Enda Stephens). Watford are always thereabouts and I think Munoz will do ok at Sheff Weds.

Unfortunately, I don't see us troubling the top 6 with the current squad. Of course, everything can still change.

37 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

No one will walk it this season with their current squads. Leicester have so much to do in a month or so. They've lost, or are losing their entire midfield; Vardy isn't the player to be feared anymore, and their defence is bereft of quality. Leeds have already lost two centre backs and couldn't score enough goals last season. I don't see Bamford as a Farke player.

Southampton will be in transition to Russell Martin's style for the first 6 months.

As for the other strong teams from last season - Middlesbro have lost their 6 loanees and have replaced 4 of them with unknowns and players from Australia. Blackburn were already flaky and have lost Brereton and Dack. Millwall and Coventry are probably the strongest at the moment.

If Ipswich get off to a flier they could keep their momentum going. Lose the first two or three though and they'll struggle. Stoke have made a couple of very astute signings (Ben Pearson and Enda Stephens). Watford are always thereabouts and I think Munoz will do ok at Sheff Weds.

Unfortunately, I don't see us troubling the top 6 with the current squad. Of course, everything can still change.

Leicester about to lose Barnes and I doubt he’ll be the last. Coventry have signed a Japanese player today. I’ve always thought we should look into the far east market. Monies to be made there off merchandise and tourist fans attending matches. 

2 hours ago, aBee said:

I think Southampton’s squad is far superior to Leeds’. Leeds have a lot of buying to do this summer. 

Agreed. Will be interesting to see if they can hang on to Tella. Arguably a one season wonder but could do very well in a Russell Martin side.

Soton want £15m.

On 08/07/2023 at 14:26, aBee said:

It's also worth noting that several sources are reporting that quite a few Leeds players have clauses in their contracts allowing to leave on loan if the club were relegated, provided of course any interested club covers their wages. If this is true, they'd have to replace those players without receiving any money for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's also worth noting that several sources are reporting that quite a few Leeds players have clauses in their contracts allowing to leave on loan if the club were relegated, provided of course any interested club covers their wages. If this is true, they'd have to replace those players without receiving any money for them. 

Yes, Koch definitely had a “you are entitled to be sold or loaned rather than play in the Championship” clause which is why he’s being loaned out in his final contract year and can leave for free next summer. Arronson has just gone to Union Berlin presumably on similar terms. If Webber goes there he’ll seem a big upgrade on Orta!

The financial loss of the likes of Koch, Arronson, Llorente, and Roca will be around £60 million thanks to the bonkers relegation clauses that Orta agreed to, luckily for Farke it's not going to stop new players coming in.    

17 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

The financial loss of the likes of Koch, Arronson, Llorente, and Roca will be around £60 million thanks to the bonkers relegation clauses that Orta agreed to, luckily for Farke it's not going to stop new players coming in.    

It's a positive advantage that he can get rid of the kinds of personalities that he won't get on with and bring in hopefully the right kind of characters in to buy in to his "all in it together" philosophy.

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

Big financial loss but all four are pretty terrible players!

16 hours ago, aBee said:

Big financial loss but all four are pretty terrible players!

Having watched him in the MLS and Bundesliga, Aaronsson isn't terrible by any stretch.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Having watched him in the MLS and Bundesliga, Aaronsson isn't terrible by any stretch.

He was poor in the PL though, very lightweight. 

Basically all the relegated clubs look a lot like Burnley at the start of last season in that if it doesn’t work then those clubs could be in trouble. Conversely like Burnley if it clicks then it might look really easy.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2023 at 15:21, sgncfc said:

Interesting point this, I see us on a similar trajectory to sheff Utd this season 

experienced players with a point to prove with a manager who has had the time allowed to implement his own ideas and philosophies during a preseason befitting of a championship side 

that said it could still go t*tz up