As much as everyone doesn't want to believe it, he's just not good enough for this level, and unfortunately never will be.

• Like 8

There has never been any indication that the guy has what it takes to be a top level footballer. I genuinely don't know what's seen in him? He is still living off a hattrick scored almost 4 years ago. Let's be honest, he's done f**k all since apart from sit in the physio room.

25 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Hooked at H/T v Greece. One chance,ballooned high and wide. Just saying.

Had a decent match then by normal standards. 

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

There has never been any indication that the guy has what it takes to be a top level footballer. I genuinely don't know what's seen in him? He is still living off a hattrick scored almost 4 years ago. Let's be honest, he's done f**k all since apart from sit in the physio room.

3 goals at Preston and played ok at West Ham for one half. Apart from that has anyone seen anything else positive? 

Just now, lake district canary said:

Oh good grief, can't we give it a rest? He is one of our players, playing for his national team. HE NEEDS OUR SUPPORT. 

Whatever is said about him on here, it's not going to have impacted his performance tonight. Giving him a five-year contract looks a bizarre decision given his output on the pitch for club and country. I don't think there's a single Norwich fan who doesn't want him to do well, but sadly he seems miles away from repaying the faith we've put in him. Genuinely think we'd be better off loaning him out to get him out of the limelight for a bit, see if he can get a run of games and goals going at a lower level.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Hes been getting our support for 4 years. And 4 years on we're still waiting for him to come good!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Really? Nothing? Not a single indication?

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Really? Nothing? Not a single indication?

Excellent endorsement, should be a ten year contract and nothing less. 3 goals in the last 2 seasons is impressive to be fair. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 2

If Webber had any involvement in the 5 year contract Idah has been given, it’s just to get one back on any City fan who has ever questioned his role here. It’s absolutely bizarre we are tied to a striker who doesn’t know where the goal is for FIVE years.Just bonkers.

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Excellent endorsement, should be a ten year contract and nothing less. 3 goals in the last 2 seasons is impressive to be fair. 

That's more goals than good posts you've made and you joined in 2004.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't think there's a single Norwich fan who doesn't want him to do well,

Well that is clearly not true.

Sky Sports rated him a ‘4’……the same rating as Doherty, who was sent off.

God help us next season….

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Well that is clearly not true.

Which baffles the mind if you think about it.

Fans who would rather knock down a player than help build him up for the betterment of the club they spend money and time to support.  

• Like 1

As others have said there’s clearly a player there for both club and country to pin their hopes on him however given his injury record and current form how many more chances will he get?

Surely we have to buy or loan another striker and send Idah out on loan.

If he stays, where can we play him? Upfront instead of Sargent? No, unless Sargent gets a long-term injury. In a front two alongside Sargent? Wouldn't Barnes be chosen ahead of him? On the wing yet again? Last season provided ample evidence that this just doesn't work. As a playmaker behind Sargent? Now we're getting silly.

Let's loan him out in the hope that he can have a Bali Mumba season and he comes back full of new confidence. And if he doesn't, admit it's money wasted and sell him for whatever we can get.

Poor old Idah getting the same treatment that Todd got until he was driven out of the club by our supposed fans. Thank god there were no forums or social media when i started supporting Norwich, we actually got behind the players in those days. The mentality of this continuing harassment by some is basically cyber stalking , leave the kid alone FFS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Surely we have to buy or loan another striker and send Idah out on loan.

If he stays, where can we play him? Upfront instead of Sargent? No, unless Sargent gets a long-term injury. In a front two alongside Sargent? Wouldn't Barnes be chosen ahead of him? On the wing yet again? Last season provided ample evidence that this just doesn't work. As a playmaker behind Sargent? Now we're getting silly.

Let's loan him out in the hope that he can have a Bali Mumba season and he comes back full of new confidence. And if he doesn't, admit it's money wasted and sell him for whatever we can get.

Agree in full.

If we start the season with just Sargent, Idah and Barnes as our strike force then we are in trouble. 

Sargent will probably be fairly productive but might well succumb to injury for a spell, Barnes is not a renown goal -getter, and it's a long season for a player of his age to produce on a regular basis, and it is becoming/has become impossible to have faith in Adam Idah, impossible to defend this highly paid young man who continually fails to justify the massive loyalty shown to him by the club and, as a supporter impossible to defend. 

Defend the boy, cosset his confidence problem, he's one of ours. We seem to have been saying this for years now. 

Is the stick (scrutiny really) he gets on this forum really the whole reason for his disappointing performances? Come on!

He was decent at times when turning out this last season. He had one or two good moments and an equal number of those less so.

Compare him with some of the great strikers who have donned the yellow in the past. He is a million miles away from any of them.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Agree in full.

If we start the season with just Sargent, Idah and Barnes as our strike force then we are in trouble. 

Sargent will probably be fairly productive but might well succumb to injury for a spell, Barnes is not a renown goal -getter, and it's a long season for a player of his age to produce on a regular basis, and it is becoming/has become impossible to have faith in Adam Idah, impossible to defend this highly paid young man who continually fails to justify the massive loyalty shown to him by the club and, as a supporter impossible to defend. 

Defend the boy, cosset his confidence problem, he's one of ours. We seem to have been saying this for years now. 

Is the stick (scrutiny really) he gets on this forum really the whole reason for his disappointing performances? Come on!

He was decent at times when turning out this last season. He had one or two good moments and an equal number of those less so.

Compare him with some of the great strikers who have donned the yellow in the past. He is a million miles away from any of them.

Unfortunately, Sargent has the first touch of a baby hippo. He will score, but probably half the amount he should score.

Idah, well, i doubt when he leaves Norwich he will play in any league greater than Div 2. Has all the physical attributes but just not got a football brain, looks lost half the time and unsure of where to be or what to do, such a shame.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dame to Blame said:

Poor old Idah getting the same treatment that Todd got until he was driven out of the club by our supposed fans. Thank god there were no forums or social media when i started supporting Norwich, we actually got behind the players in those days. The mentality of this continuing harassment by some is basically cyber stalking , leave the kid alone FFS

Ridiculous post

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I want Adam to come good....but, I wonder how many of the 'better' Championship clubs would tolerate or have the patience to stick by him?....Players do have fluctuations in form although he has (injuries aside) not really shown consistent promise....Something's gotta give....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Which baffles the mind if you think about it.

Fans who would rather knock down a player than help build him up for the betterment of the club they spend money and time to support.  

I wouldn’t “rather knock him” I would much rather praise him. But for that he needs to play well. Which he seems incapable of going. Any criticism is just a fair reflection of his performance. He’s been woeful 

I have avoided taking part in Adam Idah threads mostly, but no-one could, in their right mind come to the conclusion that he has the quality to fill the role of goalscorer for us. 

The 5 year contract, and repeated starts seem misjudged to me, yes give him say a 2 year contract and loan him out for a year to see if he develops, but long before this 5 year one is up, I'm convinced he'll simply slip into obscurity.

In those 4 years he’s suffered injury often and hardly had a run in his position….. agree a loan to gain experience and confidence might be the best option but otherwise he needs

when opportunity arises to play up front only

a functioning team on the front foot

a coach who knows the position and how to get the best out of him 

a playing style that complements his game

He’s not living off that hat trick except in some peoples heads, he just happened to score it.    Like Tzolis, he’s been poorly mis-managed by the club and add to that the fan frustrations, it’s no wonder he’s lacking confidence.      

If he doesn’t recover the confidence, we may never see the potential realised but that’s probably not his fault!   

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 2