Borussia und Daniel Farke beenden die Zusammenarbeit. Eine gemeinsame, ausführliche Saisonanalyse hat beide Parteien zu diesem Entschluss gebracht. Neben Daniel Farke werden auch seine Co-Trainer Edmund Riemer, Christopher John und Chris Domogalla den Verein verlassen.
Translated from German by
Borussia and Daniel Farke end their collaboration. A joint, detailed season analysis has brought both parties to this decision. In addition to Daniel Farke, his assistant coaches Edmund Riemer, Christopher John and Chris Domogalla will also leave the club.

https://twitter.com/borussia

1 minute ago, AJ said:
Borussia und Daniel Farke beenden die Zusammenarbeit. Eine gemeinsame, ausführliche Saisonanalyse hat beide Parteien zu diesem Entschluss gebracht. Neben Daniel Farke werden auch seine Co-Trainer Edmund Riemer, Christopher John und Chris Domogalla den Verein verlassen.
Translated from German by
Borussia and Daniel Farke end their collaboration. A joint, detailed season analysis has brought both parties to this decision. In addition to Daniel Farke, his assistant coaches Edmund Riemer, Christopher John and Chris Domogalla will also leave the club.

https://twitter.com/borussia

Leicester could do far worse than giving Farke a crack in the Championship. 

• Like 1

He's bound to have a couple of months at Watford at some point. All managers get a go there.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

New Sporting Director at Norwich City? 

Considering he has next to no experience in such a role, the only time he did was at a club that's probably similar in size to King's Lynn. I'd love to see what fans would say if we appointed someone from there for one of the most important positions at the club.

6 minutes ago, repman said:

Considering he has next to no experience in such a role, the only time he did was at a club that's probably similar in size to King's Lynn. I'd love to see what fans would say if we appointed someone from there for one of the most important positions at the club.

Does this hypothetical person also have a history of playing some of the best football we've seen in recent memory, a background of blooding young players and a stated desire to be a SD?

Edited by kirku
  • Like 2

Haven't read this whole thread but the nightmare scenario may have already been mentioned - Webber moves to Leeds as SD and appoints Farke as his coach. They walk the Championship playing Farkeball and then easily consolidate in the EPL.......

Be careful what you Webber-outers wish for......

• Sad 1

Hypothetically, when Webber joined, did he have any experience as sporting director ?  My understanding was that he did a lower level role at Huddersfield and it was a step up when he came here ?

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Haven't read this whole thread but the nightmare scenario may have already been mentioned - Webber moves to Leeds as SD and appoints Farke as his coach. They walk the Championship playing Farkeball and then easily consolidate in the EPL.......

You could have imagined a similar scenario with Webber and Wagner here but that hasn't come up roses so far, has it ?
We had a good 18 minutes at Coventry though.

1 minute ago, K Lo said:

You could have imagined a similar scenario with Webber and Wagner here but that hasn't come up roses so far, has it ?
We had a good 18 minutes at Coventry though.

It didn't work at Huddersfield to begin with, and even then they only got promotion through the PO final on penalties, and didn't play nice football. So not that similar a scenario. But yes we did have a good 18 minutes at Coventry.

7 minutes ago, kirku said:

Does this hypothetical person also have a history of playing some of the best football we've seen in recent memory, a background of blooding young players and a stated desire to be a SD?

Well to address those points one by one.

1. That reflects his coaching ability, and that's completely separate to the role of SD. If anything I'd prefer having someone who doesn't have experience coaching to stop there being any possible meddling, let the head coach do what they're employed to do.

2. His commitment to young players only seems to have happened here, presumably due to the work of our current SD who ensured that said young players would get opportunities. At Gladbach he's only given significant minutes to 2 players under the age of 23.

3. It's good he may want to, I'm not sure if he even said that though. From what I remember he said that was his initial plan before he had success on the coaching side, happy to be proven wrong though.

9 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Hypothetically, when Webber joined, did he have any experience as sporting director ?  My understanding was that he did a lower level role at Huddersfield and it was a step up when he came here ?

Webber's remit here is certainly larger here than at Huddersfield (he probably has more power than any SD in the country). At Huddersfield though he appointed Wagner and was in charge of the transfers so I think it's fair to say he had experience and somewhat of a track record.

16 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Would Farke want to work under Webber again right now? I doubt it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Er you mean like they 'consolidated in the PL' with us???

14 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

And look how that’s going…

I think the club would be foolish to sell either keeper as we are currently in a position where we can afford both and if either one gets injured we have a fantastic number 2 to step in 

This was for another thread obviously lol 

Edited by Yobocop

16 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

I’d imagine 99.9% of fans would be up for Farke to replace either of the gruesome twosome.

If the club truly want a place in the top flight Farke should be nowhere in sight, facts don’t lie.

Two abysmal seasons at the top with City and now MG’s worst season in 12 years, that tells me he isn’t a good enough coach at the top level. I’m sure that’s gonna upset many on here but facts don’t lie, whatever the circumstances may have been. 

• Like 4

We are by very definition, a mid table championship team. Do not kid yourselves that we need to be worrying about staying in the premier league right now.

I find it odd that Norwich, of all fans, find it right to post over social media how ridiculous and wrong it is that Farke got sacked from his latest position.

Unless you've watched every game and been involved with the fans throughout the season its totally unfair. Remember how we didn't like Villa fans criticising us sacking Smith? Or the entire footballing world hating us for sacking Hughton? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

If the club truly want a place in the top flight Farke should be nowhere in sight, facts don’t lie.

Two abysmal seasons at the top with City and now MG’s worst season in 12 years, that tells me he isn’t a good enough coach at the top level. I’m sure that’s gonna upset many on here but facts don’t lie, whatever the circumstances may have been. 

Facts don't lie, but they have to be interpreted.

Until Covid, we weren't doing too badly in 19/20, especially considering we had spent virtually zero after promotion. We would most likely still have gone down, but not in such an abject manner. It's still a mystery why we were so awful in the run-in. As for 2021/22, Farke only had eleven games. I agree they were far from impressive, but the problem that season was arguably the recruitment and no one could have put us anywhere near survival. Re BMG, I think anyone who hires Farke needs to accept that it will take time for things to start working because he has a unique style that needs time to bed in. (As an aside, I think Swansea would be a great match for him - they already play possession football and they'd be willing to give him time judging by how they treated Martin.)

Other facts that don't lie are that Farke got us promoted twice as champions. So one possible interpretation of all the facts is that we should employ Farke to get out of the Championship and then get someone else in as soon as we are promoted. (I am not advocating this btw - I am just saying it would be the most logical, if very callous, interpretation of the facts in total.)

Our success was entirely down to Webbo an' a bit o' Farko an' a bit of our illustrious board....

Our failure was down to....?

Celtic now have a vacancy? Might fit his style and only one other team to worry about!

Just imagine if Daniel goes to Celtic....There's a full house guaranteed at Carra if we could quickly organise a pre-season game against them...Full City clubs, pubs an' bars an' bazaars an' also deffo them happy lappy Gentlemen's Clubs...'Och Aye'....I reckon over 50% of the Jocks will travel over from Corby....It'll be a friendly fun couple o' daze....an' everyone gettin' hooped....

I suppose Norfolk's finest will have their hands full.....but think of the overtime!....

23 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

I’d imagine 99.9% of fans would be up for Farke to replace either of the gruesome twosome.

I'm completely torn on this. I love Farke, backed him at all points and think that it was madness to sack him (and did at the time too) as he had a chance of becoming a legend. Whilst I wish he was still here and was never sacked, that's different than trying to go back to something after a break. I have a fear of it tarnishing my memory of him if he were to come back and it not be as amazing second time round (Mike Walker).