Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Just put sky sports news on, why the hell is Jonny Evans on the backdrop!?

Manure have resigned him.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

I guess, but when we've got wide players looking to put the ball in there's going to be no-one there.  And we've scored a few from those opportunities.  Stacey and Rowe overload the right side, you don't really want a third drifting there.

He looks really interesting though, when he strikes he doesn't go for the orthodox angles he plays the reverse shot really nice.  But level of opponent looked pretty poor.

That's fair. But again fluidity, Stacey and Rowe may overload the right at the moment, but if Rowe drifts inside and hwang drifts outside then there's still only two out there 😉

We shall see, I'm just not for bashing a player before he's even kicked a ball for the club. If he comes in and he's shiote then I'll be the first to admit it. 

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Yep and we still havent got the Man C player in either. 

This is a farce compared to getting Duffy, Barnes etc in early

Omo upto £20m with add on is less than the reported £20m+ touted that we turned down in Jan?

Am I missing something - are we not in the same transfer window?

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Just put sky sports news on, why the hell is Jonny Evans on the backdrop!?

He's signed for Man United, 1 year deal

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Duffy, Gibson or Idah get injured, we’re.…………………………

Why so ? I read on here that Idah and Gibson were s***.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Am I missing something - are we not in the same transfer window?

Is Jan in this window????? Yes you are missing something

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Better be at least 20 million with a solid proven replacement lined up or we are up that paddle with a creak or.. something like that

Brought to you by the guy who suggested Omo needed to go on loan this season. Jesus.

9 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Absolutely. I did mean “as it stands” though. It’s just the young lad Warner isn’t it?

Looks like it. With no replacement for Omobamidele, it leaves us with Duffy, Gibson, Warner (without a professional appearance, if I'm not mistaken) and Hanley (still a few months from full fitness, in all likelihood). I'm not counting Sorensen, because he's not a centre back.

Surely we won't agree to the Omobamidele sale without a replacement?

7 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Yep and we still havent got the Man C player in either. 

This is a farce compared to getting Duffy, Barnes etc in early

Omo upto £20m with add on is less than the reported £20m+ touted that we turned down in Jan?

Oh do relax. We know they're working on multiple deals. There's over an hour left on the clock. If we were here with no word of any incomings then I'd agree. But we're not. So hold your horses, get those toys back in your pram and wait and see. 

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

We shall see, I'm just not for bashing a player before he's even kicked a ball for the club. If he comes in and he's shiote then I'll be the first to admit it. 

Oh I'm quite intrigued by his highlights.  It was more of a comparison between him and Moore.  I'd prefer Hwang to come in as I do like the unorthodox, but Moore is a much more traditional forward - and with how we're playing would probably yield a better goal tally.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

While people can debate whether we need a striker, we absoutely do need a central defender if Omo goes. I hope we've got someone lined up sharpish.

Dead right. It does seem odd to have let JT out on loan and lose Omo in one day if there isn’t the certainty of someone coming in.  Unless Hanley is closer to fitness than anyone realises, but that feels unlikely.

Connor's last  sentence a bit worrying...NCFC now racing to find a replacement...i dont like that "to find" part...feels like its far from  near to get someone in...deary me...all this  past few days  worry about finding a  striker to cover Josh's injury and now  its back to our  old and usual achilles heel...CB shortages. Wonderful.

Just now, jaberry2 said:

You could say that but can't loans be agreed post today? 

I think a deal in principle still has to be submitted prior to 11pm

• Like 1

At this late stage, we're probably going to have to go in for someone either from Rotherham or one of the Sheffield clubs to replace Andy O, right? 

Just now, daz said:

Cannon just signed to Leicester, £7m

Unsurprising, the leak to the press was always likely to be agent tapping

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

You could say that but can't loans be agreed post today? 

Free agents can get acquired after the window closes.

11 minutes ago, RobJames said:

take a look while you wait

An impressive highlights reel as they always are, if somewhat dated (assume during lockdown).

He's everything Sargent isn't. Seems to attack from wide positions like Rowe, Fassnacht and Sainz. I'm losing the plot a bit now tbh.

1 minute ago, mrdi said:

At this late stage, we're probably going to have to go in for someone either from Rotherham or one of the Sheffield clubs to replace Andy O, right? 

Honestly, just wait and see. We'll soon find out.

Just now, mrdi said:

Probably one of the Sheffield night clubs the way this is shaping up! 

The usual classic fcuk up with centre backs.

I'm expecting Simon Charlton to sign very soon.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Essjayess said:

Connor's last  sentence a bit worrying...NCFC now racing to find a replacement...i dont like that "to find" part...feels like its far from  near to get someone in...deary me...all this  past few days  worry about finding a  striker to cover Josh's injury and now  its back to our  old and usual achilles heel...CB shortages. Wonderful.

Maybe Dion can come out of retirement, he loved a game at center half and a game up front.