Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

An impressive highlights reel as they always are, if somewhat dated (assume during lockdown).

He's everything Sargent isn't. Seems to attack from wide positions like Rowe, Fassnacht and Sainz. I'm losing the plot a bit now tbh.

Only now? You sure about that? 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly, just wait and see. We'll soon find out.

I'm not stressed. I have full faith that not selling Andy O until 10pm on deadline day was always part of the masterplan. 

AO going should be no surprise, we made a promo video for him, and barely played him.  I'd be very surprised if we don't get a replacement in.

3 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Connor's last  sentence a bit worrying...NCFC now racing to find a replacement...i dont like that "to find" part...feels like its far from  near to get someone in...deary me...all this  past few days  worry about finding a  striker to cover Josh's injury and now  its back to our  old and usual achilles heel...CB shortages. Wonderful.

The deal surely has to be conditional on us finding one. Surely? If not it’s negligent. 

Just now, mannings bandy legs said:

Only Norwich could gain 20 million with no time to spend any of it.....surprise,surprise!!!

I mean, we can only accept a bid when it's actually submitted.. what do you expect - we don't have mystic meg on the backroom staff 

2 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Connor's last  sentence a bit worrying...NCFC now racing to find a replacement...i dont like that "to find" part...feels like its far from  near to get someone in...deary me...all this  past few days  worry about finding a  striker to cover Josh's injury and now  its back to our  old and usual achilles heel...CB shortages. Wonderful.

I would put too much store in his choice of phrase. Racing to complete would have probably been more accurate. They hardly will have only just started looking.

15 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Just put sky sports news on, why the hell is Jonny Evans on the backdrop!?

Signed a 1 year deal today with Man Utd

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Only Norwich could gain 20 million with no time to spend any of it.....surprise,surprise!!!

Or very handy you could say!

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Yes, it is not like they had ANY inkling that OMO might be off, apart from all the signs that he was.

I feel for you and the other whingers. It cannot be easier finding something to whinge about after we have won 5 of the first six games.

• Like 1

Everyone wetting themselves now are going to be in a right state when 11pm comes and goes. Wouldn't be surprised if any signings aren't officially announced until the morning now.

Just now, If wed kept Howie.. said:

ermmmmm what?

I was being facetious. 

Just now, RobJames said:

Yes, it is not like they had ANY inkling that OMO might be off, apart from all the signs that he was.

I feel for you and the other whingers. It cannot be easier finding something to whinge about after we have won 5 of the first six games.

They're only happy when they're moaning, 

I have a neighbor that's exactly the same. Always miserable but absolutely loves it. 

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I mean, we can only accept a bid when it's actually submitted.. what do you expect - we don't have mystic meg on the backroom staff 

Not how it works. This has been lined up for ages. 

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I am beginning to think today we have been more intent on income than expenditure.

I hate to say it but I agree. That’s not pant wetting just how it looks. I do expect a young prem defender aloang with heath if I’m honest though

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Only now? You sure about that? 

Oh sorry Mr expert on the forum tonight.

So I was expecting a striker like Sarge so we could continue playing like you know we had done with Sarge.

My picks would be either Malang Sarr or Chris Richards, both left sided CB's too which would be a better balance than what we had with Omo still here.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Everyone wetting themselves now are going to be in a right state when 11pm comes and goes. Wouldn't be surprised if any signings aren't officially announced until the morning now.

Why wouldn't they?

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is that a tinge of negativity I sense from you?

I will discuss with you at Rotherham tomorrow if you like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

They're only happy when they're moaning, 

I have a neighbor that's exactly the same. Always miserable but absolutely loves it. 

The only thing I feel like moaning about is the shortage of bright yellow attire in the Sky Sports studio. 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

**** me the whingers are out in force tonight. 

Shall we all have a go for a laugh?  It may break a few minds and they take the opposing view.

If we get anywhere near £20m for Omo I think that’sa great deal even if we’re don’t have a replacement!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1