Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does buying Lowe sceam exciting ambitious first team striker for a promotion playoff race to you?

Or does it rather seem a bit more like boring midtable mediocrity?

I'll let you think on it

(And before anyone digs this up in the future when he scores 30 for us this season I uh.. shut up)

None of the Archant boys have said we are signing him have they. Looks like we have enquiries in for multiple players and will eventually sign one of them.

44 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

But he is better than what we have in part. He's better than Onel/PP and various others in that wing position. And he is better than Idah upfront as well. As a loan option, it would be good for 12 months

A fair point. But I don’t think he’s what we need up top. Should we be working on signing A striker then I’d be disappointed if it turned out to be him.  If he’s an addition to that striker then that’s a different matter. 

I'd rather see Cannon come in than Lowe on loan, as mentioned he had a good season 2/3 years ago.. 

I did see Keinan Davis who was on loan at Watford last season from Villa is on the move to Udinese for only 2m, I thought he looks good last season and would have been a good option

If Southampton/Leicester are in for Tom C, they'll blow us out of the water financially and we'll end up moving on swiftly.

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

If Southampton/Leicester are in for Tom C, they'll blow us out of the water financially and we'll end up moving on swiftly.

Likely have already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pegz said:

I'd rather see Cannon come in than Lowe on loan, as mentioned he had a good season 2/3 years ago.. 

I did see Keinan Davis who was on loan at Watford last season from Villa is on the move to Udinese for only 2m, I thought he looks good last season and would have been a good option

Davis to Udinese seems like a way to get him to Watford while doing some accounting trickery.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Mumba would be a better left wing option than Lowe. I still believe it was a bad sale at under what will prove to be his value. Wagner is gladly proving to be better than the end of last season. Long may that continue. Webber has made us some astute signings, I credit him for that. The Mumba sale remains an error, in my opinion. 

You could be right but Mumba's best season is 6 goals in league one. Lowe's is 14 in the Championship. And you did think Mumba was our best left-sided player but quite clearly Rowe is some level above. It's one of those things, we all over and under rate certain players and I do think Mumba is one you perhaps over-rate.

Lowe's goal scoring record concerns me , he's 29 too so probably won't improve , with only Idah and Barnes not exactly prolific strikers , we need GOALS !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You could be right but Mumba's best season is 6 goals in league one. Lowe's is 14 in the Championship. And you did think Mumba was our best left-sided player but quite clearly Rowe is some level above. It's one of those things, we all over and under rate certain players and I do think Mumba is one you perhaps over-rate.

Been a while since we’ve seen form from Lowe. If he’s the man to come in then hopefully he recaptures that. He’s certainly a high intensity pressing type. Which clearly we are lacking now Sarge is injured. But I still hope we can do better 

2 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Lowe's goal scoring record concerns me , he's 29 too so probably won't improve , with only Idah and Barnes not exactly prolific strikers , we need GOALS !

Agree with some, but the right system can bring about goals from players previously underwhelming. Eg Pukki 

3 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

You've heard of Jonathan Rowe yes?

You've heard we're the top scorers in the Championship yes?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Been a while since we’ve seen form from Lowe. If he’s the man to come in then hopefully he recaptures that. He’s certainly a high intensity pressing type. Which clearly we are lacking now Sarge is injured. But I still hope we can do better 

Yes, but also a while since he's been settled and played a run of games. I suspect he's seen as low-risk option if we can't get other over the line, but that's only a guess. I suppose we also don't know how long Sargent is out for so perhaps who we go for is pretty dependant on that too?

21 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

they are just joining the 4 or 5 other Champs sides, inc. us, to be rumoured to be after him. Gotta love the  final days merry go round when in all is said and done, will prolly end  up with a quiet day.

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

His stats/performances in general would prove otherwise. I am a fan of any acquisition that in my view improve our squad depth/quality. Lowe would be better than Springett/PP/Onel in my eyes.

45 minutes ago, repman said:

Lowe had a good season 2/3 years ago but since then hasn't exactly stood out. In 1300 minutes last season he scored 3 goals, Idah scored 2 in 1150 and at least you can say he might just have some untapped potential. Even if you view him as a wide option we already have 2 experienced options in Fassnacht and Onel with Rowe and Sainz the other frontline options. Placheta and Springett both have featured this season but they're much more of a wildcard.

Hmm, sorry Jberry2, but repman is more on my wavelength. He flatters to deceive. I would rather persevere with Pepe, at least we know his national team manager thinks he can live with the likes of Lewandowksi 😉 so lets see what a few more games with us can show this season! Let's spend the dosh on Cannon if anyone.

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Confirmed by Paddy pretty much

And didn't he say that Norwich had done for the window only last week? As Wagner has said, never say never. Let's see how the cards fall.

28 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Cannon's agent, or Everton's PR person, has worked well in that case then!

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Cannon's agent, or Everton's PR person, has worked well in that case then!

Just based on what Terminally Yellow said and speculative articles. I dare say numerous championship clubs are in for him if he's been made available.

Edited by jaberry2

3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Just based on what Terminally Yellow said and speculative articles. I dare say numerous championship clubs are in for him if he's been made available.

Or it's just possibly the old classic "scare" tactics, asking Webber to put up or shut up or they'll go to a club who can, "hasn't he seen the press"! I'm sure Webber has his own ideas about such things.

Edited by shefcanary

41 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

A little transfer window rhyme for you all..

Leicester City

And Southampton

Are both in 

For Tommy Cannon

If True thats the end of the Cannon interest we will not be able to compete with those two clubs. 

8 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

My binner friend has told me they’ve signed some lad from spurs. Scarlett?? Meh 

Feverish speculation? 😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Will they make him Captain?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Like this one better, sorry TGS

It'll be with the lead piping in the conservatory for you, lad. 😉

(Although considering Jerry Hall was Miss Scarlett in the TV version then I'm sure there are piping gags to be had somewhere).

18 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

They just need to add perennial relegater (jamie) O'Hara as well and they could have a film in the making - Pisswich - Gone with the wind!

28 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

And it seems just like Williams it's only a loan. It would appear that nobody want's to live in a small village in South Anglia..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Just watch the meltdown on here if it happens 😀

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Kenny leaving always seemed unlikely to me - he's just too important to us.

Thoughts and prayers, though, with @GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary and @Worthy Nigelton who had presumably filled up their petrol tanks, checked their oil and screenwash and were just heading down to Colney to "drive him to Leeds myself".

Yes. What a terrible end to a dismal summer....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Confirmed by Paddy pretty much

Does Davitt mean one inward transfer in total or one inward transfer for the first-team squad?