Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agree, just saying I think a back-up player is going to make more sense bearing in mind the aim really should be to get quality minutes into Idah.

we might give mins to Idah and i agree he needs them 

he has started well and scored can not really ask more of the boy 

but would you trust him to score and lead the line for the next 10/12 games ? that's the question ( i know others are chipping in )

we will either see a striker full of confidence scoring playing well maybe playing so well Sarge when fit can not get back in ?

or we will see the old Idah struggling and low on confidence ?

massive gamble that could go either way adam is not a proven goal scorer yet 

53 minutes ago, Haus said:

Things have changed though, more subs, longer games, long season means bigger squads are necessary for anyone to compete over a season 

True, we have already used 19 players in the League so far. But only 12 (soon to be 13) have started, and 10 (soon to be 9) have started every game. We have Sainz and Forshaw yet to get minutes and as soon as he regains fitness Sargent goes back to the team. We pretty much know our preferred 11 who injury permitting are likely to start every game. Everyone else is cover.

2 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Cannon close to joining Leicester apparently 😞

Looking that way. Shame as that would be a good buy. Surely we can foord him with the sales of Max and Rash, and all.the outgoing players.

Weve bought shrewdly but feels a little like the Ajer scenario again where we just wont push the boat out a little.extra.

We need support to Idah & Barnes. Feels Plan A now out the window and waiting to see if we get plan B, C, D.

The excitement is fading 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

we might give mins to Idah and i agree he needs them 

he has started well and scored can not really ask more of the boy 

but would you trust him to score and lead the line for the next 10/12 games ? that's the question ( i know others are chipping in )

we will either see a striker full of confidence scoring playing well maybe playing so well Sarge when fit can not get back in ?

or we will see the old Idah struggling and low on confidence ?

massive gamble that could go either way adam is not a proven goal scorer yet 

And if we don't give him the run when the chance is there, how will we find out? It's a risk either way. My view is, we've given him a five-year deal so now Pukki's gone (who, let's face it, is the key reason Idah never really got going up top as he was a reliable guarantee of goals himself) and Sargent's out, this is his chance to answer the questions posed of him.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Kieffer Moore linked. 

Would be as good a signing as I think we could get. Hard working, can score. 

Would much prefer him to Lowe. Also already knows Stacey

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

The excitement is fading 

****ing Hell, what a stupid stance to take.

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Kieffer Moore linked. 

Would be as good a signing as I think we could get. Hard working, can score. 

Was thinking why aren’t we in for him instead of Jamal Lowe - hopefully they can get a replacement in and we can get this one done. 

9 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Cannon close to joining Leicester apparently 😞

The only source I can see for that seems to say it's a £5m deal... Which undermines a lot of what was already being bandied around.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

And if we don't give him the run when the chance is there, how will we find out? It's a risk either way. My view is, we've given him a five-year deal so now Pukki's gone (who, let's face it, is the key reason Idah never really got going up top as he was a reliable guarantee of goals himself) and Sargent's out, this is his chance to answer the questions posed of him.

yes i agree , 

just have a doubt ,

i was banging the drum at the start of the season i thought this is his season to breakthrough and show us what we have ,

just think with Barnes and Idah only fit strikers both pretty low scorers in the past so needed someone with a bit more goals in them ,

Idah might well answer that i hope he does we need him step up 

4 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

The only source I can see for that seems to say it's a £5m deal... Which undermines a lot of what was already being bandied around.

7.5m according to sky sports 

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

yes i agree , 

just have a doubt ,

i was banging the drum at the start of the season i thought this is his season to breakthrough and show us what we have ,

just think with Barnes and Idah only fit strikers both pretty low scorers in the past so needed someone with a bit more goals in them ,

Idah might well answer that i hope he does we need him step up 

Idah does have to step up, absolutely. However, Rowe's our top scorer at this moment in time. Who had him in the reckoning at this point?

What Barnes in particular does well is get others into the game and into position. He's basically a big Stiepermann upgrade in that he'll hold the attack together and score some goals, but with much more added aggression, aerial ability and sh*thousery. It also relieves the pressure on our midfield, and we both know Sara in particular can shoot.

I'd expect the wingers to step up and score more, sharing the load across the team much more than we did last season. We already know Rowe likes to step inside and hit one. Fassnacht definitely doesn't hog the wing and comes inside with effect, Sainz is presumably similar but with more nutmegs going off his scoring record in Turkey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Idah does have to step up, absolutely. However, Rowe's our top scorer at this moment in time. Who had him in the reckoning at this point?

What Barnes in particular does well is get others into the game and into position. He's basically a big Stiepermann upgrade in that he'll hold the attack together and score some goals, but with much more added aggression, aerial ability and sh*thousery. It also relieves the pressure on our midfield, and we both know Sara in particular can shoot.

I'd expect the wingers to step up and score more, sharing the load across the team much more than we did last season. We already know Rowe likes to step inside and hit one. Fassnacht definitely doesn't hog the wing and comes inside with effect, Sainz is presumably similar but with more nutmegs going off his scoring record in Turkey.

oh yes team performing wonderful 

wingers chipping in Rowe playing out of his skin 

the way Rowe makes it happen the hunger ,the desire to score is amazing i wish adam did that more maybe he will with a run of games ,

you often find when a star player hucks pukki leaves the team plays more free not looking for that one man ,

i remember hucks used to be right everyone pass to hucks on left and see what he can do ( just example )

then pukki right lets try and slip him through on goal play to his strengths,

now it is a threat from all over the team ,

but those chances that do fall to our strikers have to be taken , so far Idah has done it  

Moore is 31, but decent scoring record wherever he's been. 

Bournemouth won't let him go unless they get a replacement. Doesn't feel likely, but you never know the least likely one might be the one that lands!

it’s not about just Idah stepping up .. we all hope he can and get a decent run .. it’s whether he can last 4/5 straight games without getting injured history suggests huge risk on that  that’s even more so why we need backup .. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Moore is 31, but decent scoring record wherever he's been. 

Bournemouth won't let him go unless they get a replacement. Doesn't feel likely, but you never know the least likely one might be the one that lands!

I would have said Cannon was the least likely one, don't see anything remotely exciting happening today . Did think as we had spent peanuts this summer they may have looked for a decent striker signing but it's not happening is it. 

6 minutes ago, City 101 said:

I would have said Cannon was the least likely one, don't see anything remotely exciting happening today . Did think as we had spent peanuts this summer they may have looked for a decent striker signing but it's not happening is it. 

Sadly it’s best to not get your hopes up and just expect the cheapest option. Anything else is a bonus 

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Is it only Fassnacht we paid a fee for, or was Sainz one as well?

Sainz a free transfer due a relegation clause in his contract.

Most of what we would have to have paid for him would have been paid as signing on and agent fees so not at all ‘free’.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Is it only Fassnacht we paid a fee for, or was Sainz one as well?

What i thought was we signed some great free signings ( i know signing on fees etc ) to replace end of contracts that left ,

but the money we got from sales we could of pushed the boat out for one quality signing ,

Webber has done really well this summer but that cherry on the top could really make the team better ,

21 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Would be happy with Moore ... I'm desperate for anyone tall who can score goals whilst Josh recovers!

Get something done NCFC!

Idah has 2 and an assist in 88 League minutes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Still all quiet on Andy O but hard to thing those extended waves on Tuesday didn’t mean anything 

i think this is so strange 

a team comes in last jan willing to pay big money now nowhere to be seen even though DOF has said expects him to leave at start of window 

14 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Idah has 2 and an assist in 88 League minutes

Absolutely ... I love Adam ... I just want squad depth to ease the burden on the Irishman.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, City 101 said:

Cannon was never going to happen as all incoming transfer fees go to keeping the club running. We don't have anyone willing or able to invest in the club that allows us to buy players on any reasonable value.

Moore I'd be happy with...