Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

1 hour ago, chicken said:

One typo and it's "keep talking about" even though others understood who I meant... strange snipe.

I saw you put Rose a few times, thankfully you’ve edited the other post

1 hour ago, chicken said:

One typo and it's "keep talking about" even though others understood who I meant... strange snipe.

I did that too - spellcheck did for me…

9 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I saw you put Rose a few times, thankfully you’ve edited the other post

Ok, I found one other post. So twice. I apologise for my crime against humanity and will be reporting myself to the UN. Hopefully, despite several breaches of the Geneva Conventions they'll see it in their hearts to forgive me and allow me to write a letter of apology to Baldy and NCFC.

I suspect I'll then be put into a protection scheme to prevent the hoards of people from finding me and taking revenge. I'll probably be sent somewhere remote to farm turnips, like the Isle of Man, have to change my name to something like Goldfish, and change my alleigence to some random Bollivian team.

It's been nice knowing you all. I must face the consequences of my actions.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given most of their fans seem to think they are set to walk this upcoming season with ease..

Sure back in League one they might have been a big fish in a small pond but now they're just another goldfish in the aquarium

most seem to expect play off min and a run at top two

apparently their advanced progressive style of play with destroy and suprise the bully boy kick and run teams in the championship and there are not many players in the team who they would swap in this division outside of the strikeforce

again due to the moneyball planning and brilliant brain of both the owners and the manager everyone they buy is gifted to play in the unique style of football and anyone they dont sign was not suitable and would have never worked out

also they are obsessed with the young Lad Hirst from leicester

18 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not obsessed in the slightest but Norwich have been the better/biggest club in that period. For potential at this moment in time then probably not. 

anything Ipswich acieved was 42  years ago when most of your fans were not even alive then it starts to look silly

(ops forgot they dont attract so many young fans they all support norwich in the north or westham in the south now )

its like wolves having three stars on the shirt in 1980 to celebrate the 50's  or Burnly who despite everthing have won the top league twice

Edited by Paul101

On 07/07/2023 at 16:09, horsefly said:

Indeed! However, I can't think of any of the Town players who would get into the City first eleven.

I do not know the names or history of a single binner player, and I h

ave no wish to.

Edited by LaUnionCanary

Unless we are in tbe promotion mix lads, then 2 games against Ippo might be as exciting as it gets for us this Season.  Im quietly  confident that we'll  outplay them , twice. Theyll be up for it alright, but then again so were Lamberts version  of the  world beating team in blue.... and that went well for them. I'd be more worried facing a gritty team put out by Mick McCarthy  than KMs                ' footballing ' side.  

16 hours ago, chicken said:

Not a snipe at all, we signed a guy called Rose for the academy, didn’t know if it was him that’s all ffs. Stop being so sensitive. 

On 08/07/2023 at 12:45, TheBaldOne66 said:

Not a snipe at all, we signed a guy called Rose for the academy, didn’t know if it was him that’s all ffs. Stop being so sensitive. 

🤣wow! Suddenly I'm the sensitive one! 

5 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

How could we not compete with Sturm Graz ffs 

Suspect it’s more about being offered assurances over game time than ambition or attractiveness of package offered.

15 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Maybe they have offered him more game time than we did? Maybe the idea of European football interests him? Or prehaps he's dating some fit Austrian bird?

20 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

We beat Man City to max Aaron’s signature #justsayin 

14 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Suspect it’s more about being offered assurances over game time than ambition or attractiveness of package offered.

He’s apparently desperate to head off to the continent.  

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

He’s apparently desperate to head off to the continent.  

Makes sense, his dad played abroad as well.

2 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

I mean...

graz.jpg.4064cdb8db969c97dfccaa752a27cd4d.jpg

And...

hauptplatz-13.thumb.jpg.48d40945e8d85807135e523ba54f2ef8.jpg

Also..

download.jpeg.512f4551c089d12d709ff53af3b5acd0.jpeg

Not to mention...

thumb_1171_default_three_columns.jpeg.d861d834883188f3df89b0fc2aca75ae.jpeg

Or....

_118064694_anglia_square_bbc_2021.jpg.a389d30a69820eb579e0dceccae83c69.jpg

I know which I'd choose!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I mean...

graz.jpg.4064cdb8db969c97dfccaa752a27cd4d.jpg

And...

hauptplatz-13.thumb.jpg.48d40945e8d85807135e523ba54f2ef8.jpg

Also..

download.jpeg.512f4551c089d12d709ff53af3b5acd0.jpeg

Not to mention...

thumb_1171_default_three_columns.jpeg.d861d834883188f3df89b0fc2aca75ae.jpeg

Or....

_118064694_anglia_square_bbc_2021.jpg.a389d30a69820eb579e0dceccae83c69.jpg

I know which I'd choose!

You've not visited Anglia Square then.

I do like the idea he's signing because of the architecture.

Looking at them it seems like Sturm have a solid track record of buying young players, playing them and then selling them to bigger clubs quite swiftly.

45 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

All very quiet not even credible rumours . Definitely feels like a holding pattern until players leave ?

It’s boring is what it is :  D

Shows how quiet it is. People have resorted to showing their holiday piccies now 😆

8 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

Don't they have Arnie bankrolling them? 

43 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Don't they have Arnie bankrolling them? 

I’ll be backer

• Haha 5

Bit worrying no real money spent to bring players in for the tour and all very quiet.

But holding on to the hope that one of the things Webber has previously been very good at is keeping potential deals very quiet and then bringing in players surprisingly quick.

6 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Bit worrying no real money spent to bring players in for the tour and all very quiet.

But holding on to the hope that one of the things Webber has previously been very good at is keeping potential deals very quiet and then bringing in players surprisingly quick.

I still think Rashica, Aarons, Omobamidele and Giannoulis will leave for fees this summer, and Webber has maxed out the loan system every season he's been here so far. Reckon we will see a couple yet.

7 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I still think Rashica, Aarons, Omobamidele and Giannoulis will leave for fees this summer, and Webber has maxed out the loan system every season he's been here so far. Reckon we will see a couple yet.

Don’t disagree with most of those leavers, but re: loans, that’s just not true - last season ko we had two, one at a time.  That is hardly ‘maxing out’ - a number of sides, Burnley and Sheff Utd included, had several more and key players at that.  If anything, loans have been underused (unless you’re talking about loans out).

Edited by Branston Pickle