Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Since Sainz is due to be back by the end of October, maybe we should go with the wingers we have, who may not be superstars but the competition between them ought to at least mean they put in a shift, and concentrate instead of what happens if Sargent or Barnes gets a serious injury.

no-no-no-spider-man.gif.26c8be9c539c57d6ec6ffeab8c5b2c01.gif

15 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

??? Go on, have a try at explaining that.  I'm curious too.

34 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

OK, so any arguments why not?

Show me anyone in this team likely to get more than 5 assists right now. And you want to spend our limited resources to sign players "just in case" we suffer injuries to two players? 

You've got to be ****ing thick to think we don't need wide players right now ahead of anything else in this squad.

Rice finslly confirmed. Lets hope thsts the catalyst for Hammers to kick start offers for Aarons

3 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Show me anyone in this team likely to get more than 5 assists right now. And you want to spend our limited resources to sign players "just in case" we suffer injuries to two players? 

You've got to be ****ing thick to think we don't need wide players right now ahead of anything else in this squad.

Sargent, Barnes, Stacey, Nunez, Onel, Sara, Tzolis, heck even Idah could be 'likely' to get 5 assists.

Then again they might not

4 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

So that constitutes an argument, does it? I think I'd better back off in the presence of such an outstanding intellect.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

So that constitutes an argument, does it? I think I'd better back off in the presence of such an outstanding intellect.

Sorry mate can't hear you above all the crying. Come back when you stop being a little ****.

8 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Sargent, Barnes, Stacey, Nunez, Onel, Sara, Tzolis, heck even Idah could be 'likely' to get 5 assists.

16 assists last season for that entire list of people.

So I ask again - who is going to set up our goals right now?

1 minute ago, TheGoogler said:

16 assists last season for that entire list of people.

So I ask again - who is going to set up our goals right now?

Oh yeah I forgot Sainz

14 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Can’t imagine they will though

26 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I wasn’t saying you were wrong just you hadn’t justified it and still you haven’t…..

Tzolis, Springett, Rowe, Mumba all busting for an opportunity….. plus we have Hernandez.    All wide players…. What’s the point in having them if they don’t get proper opportunity.    …. And Sainz still to come back.   

The issue of assists will likely come down to how Wagner sets up the team.  Then again, it doesn’t matter how many assists we produce if the forwards can’t hit a barn door with a banjo.      

Priority has to be CDMs but that’s not looking likely…. and developing talent so we might have a decent side in a year or two.   

18 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Not even any rumours. Wonder if mosquito is still a target

Free in January, gotta be worth a cheeky low bid for now

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

3 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Not even any rumours. Wonder if mosquito is still a target

The buzz certainly died on that rumour

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

The buzz certainly died on that rumour

With little else to get excited about, it's going to sting

Sounds like Galatasaray are short on bids for Rashica and also Fred currently. Bargain basement shopping by the sounds of things. Its a shame Rashica has decided he wants no part in us, as he would be an improvement in what we have currently on our wings.

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Sounds like Galatasaray are short on bids for Rashica and also Fred currently. Bargain basement shopping by the sounds of things. Its a shame Rashica has decided he wants no part in us, as he would be an improvement in what we have currently on our wings.

I imagine he will end up there, but we'll push it the whole way. He may have made it clear he only wants Gala, but he's still an asset (and if anything his stock has risen in the past year) so there's no real reason for us to sell low if it doesn't suit.

I think this will rumble on til later in the window and he'll move for 7-8m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

I imagine he will end up there, but we'll push it the whole way. He may have made it clear he only wants Gala, but he's still an asset (and if anything his stock has risen in the past year) so there's no real reason for us to sell low if it doesn't suit.

I think this will rumble on til later in the window and he'll move for 7-8m.

No doubt theyll thrash out a better structured deal than the one on the table currently. Sooner the better for us really.

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

He played the first few games of last season and we all said what a breath of fresh air Hernandez was when he came in. The man has no intention of even trying to make it here and nor should he, he has very attractive suitors in top flight/European competitions if the rumours are to be believed. Some players just aren't a good fit and he is one of those unfortunately. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

He played the first few games of last season and we all said what a breath of fresh air Hernandez was when he came in. The man has no intention of even trying to make it here and nor should he, he has very attractive suitors in top flight/European competitions if the rumours are to be believed. Some players just aren't a good fit and he is one of those unfortunately. 

I agree with what you say, but players do sometimes make u turns. In his case I doubt that will be the case, but based on his performances last season and compared to what we currently have, he would be an improvement. That really is saying much in the current state of players we have on the wing. I wonder when Wagner has recently spoken about an incoming player that being another winger.

7 minutes ago, YoussefSafriFromDistance said:

Wonder if there's any chance of getting Lewis-Potter on loan from Brentford he's exactly what we need and has had very little game time

Would be nice if you explained how he's "exactly" what we need

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would be nice if you explained how he's "exactly" what we need

We are lacking in wide players who can get goals and assists at championship level - he got 12 goals and 3 assists in his last championship season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoussefSafriFromDistance said:

We are lacking in wide players who can get goals and assists at championship level - he got 12 goals and 3 assists in his last championship season

Meh, Sargent scored more😉

Tzolis' best mate/ superfan on Twitter reckons that Burnley are looking at Christos as a cheap option that could be developed.

I mean, if they were willing to pay the price then sure. But seems a little too odd to be true.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Tzolis' best mate/ superfan on Twitter reckons that Burnley are looking at Christos as a cheap option that could be developed.

I mean, if they were willing to pay the price then sure. But seems a little too odd to be true.

We’d presumably want a fair few £m for him, so not too sure how he’s a ‘cheap’ option, given he needs that development.