Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Some random rumours website linking us with Keanu Baccus from St Mirren. Defensive midfielder. Probably just agent talk but would appear to fit the bill in terms of what we need and is realistic. 

8 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Kevin Nisbet from Hibs would be a good signing.

Hibs have accepted a £1.2m bid from Millwall. But it's crystal clear that he wants nothing to do with that club. He rejected them in January and it's possible that he could reject them again.

The image of "Millwall" isn't a very good one. Pretty much the antithesis to Scottsh sensibilities.

Hopefully a better club than that one comes in for him.

Which is ironic given the clubs roots 

12 hours ago, tricky974 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65775147

Everton decide not to take up the option for Conor Coady at £4.5m and he is on £16,500 a week. I doubt he would come to us but would be a great signing.

No way can I believe he is on £16.5K a week, a Prem player who has played for England - I don't see his wages that low.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Some random rumours website linking us with Keanu Baccus from St Mirren. Defensive midfielder. Probably just agent talk but would appear to fit the bill in terms of what we need and is realistic. 

That rumour was doing the rounds earlier this year too

9 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Kevin Nisbet from Hibs would be a good signing.

Hibs have accepted a £1.2m bid from Millwall. But it's crystal clear that he wants nothing to do with that club. He rejected them in January and it's possible that he could reject them again.

The image of "Millwall" isn't a very good one. Pretty much the antithesis to Scottsh sensibilities.

Hopefully a better club than that one comes in for him.

Has he improved and is he going to want to be the 2nd, 3rd choice striker? When I saw he was going to Millwall I thought we had been discussing him recently and did a search of the site. Only mention was last summer where you were praising Gauld and thought Nisbet should be no where near the Scotland Squad. I see he was injured the first half of the season then managed around 12 goals after that so he's had a good season.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/well-see-keanu-baccus-addresses-053000920.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACXEU-1C49RApLqvTwBp94yZVbwCpV-vkqlvScLbeyXlBd6EZrKokTlZcLFmZyX8ik11XeqVg289tvup3cvuMBr7Mbwi_YvDKpuEA3HvHrBihA-5qwh-gf5UzVAVqj-S4D7udNMebaJcawMqhci0UScDgOpFh3Nq-iDwFIvlENr-

Coady would be great experience for the squad, but I seriously doubt he’s on wages of just £16.5k p/w considering he’s an established PL player

My heat went out for poor old Tyrese Francois only on £978 per week and struggling with the down payments on his new Land Rover Discovery.

Perhaps some of these boys are not that good and actually stealing a living.

The leagues are awash with spare footballers after all.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

It was a difficult question, to be fair.

Nothing about the question, just need time to put my response in a form even dumb ****s like you will get.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

He would be first choice. Who would be ahead of him?

Sargent then Barnes. The former essentially first choice now Pukki has left and can command a more preferred position and both having experience of the league.

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

I think Barnes would be better utilised in a two. Either with a strike partner or a floating no 10.

I'm surprised that I gave Nisbet such a bad appraisal, as he's always been an OK player. Definitely good enough for the Championship.

Barnes isn't a traditional No.10, nor would I expect him to be. I'd expect him to be a little more like Stiepermann - a false 10 perhaps? 

Absolutely nothing to do with transfers but lacking a relevant place to put it, here will do. Found this quite amusing 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

With wee Billy where would he play in a Wagner side, his midfielders are either box to box or defensively orientated to create a back three when we are attacking.  Not sure BG fits that description, although I am increasingly thinking he does look capable.

Yeah he looked pretty good last few games for Brighton I thought. Still not the player Chelsea fans claimed he is but he looks capable of being a solid Premier league squad player, if only in a team that is playing on the front foot

• Like 2

I wonder if Celtic lose their manager there are any Celtic players we can try and get.

49 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I wonder if Celtic lose their manager there are any Celtic players we can try and get.

Why? Will they fold the club and sell all their players if the manager goes?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Not going by this cup final. Always gave Celtic the benefit of the doubt that they're a good Championship level side,  they're not. 

don't think Billy Gilmore suits us , another timid player unfortunately easily knocked off ball. We need physicality. But wish him good luck ahead wherever he goes.