NeymarSmith

If we played Ipswich now

If we played Ipswich now at P15s poor road on Tuesday, given each team's squad available and current confidence and form, would one confident of a win?

Would you be tempted to swap dw for KMc ?

- secretly wondering how many comments it takes for someone to post "binner"

I predict your net will be even fuller than Tilly's yesterday...

Edited by nutty nigel
🎣🎏👍

We have the better standard of player. 

They have the better motivation. 

I think it would be a closer contest than the last times we have faced off against each other. 

I like their manager. If he ended up at Carrow Road, I wouldn't be too displeased. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

We have the better standard of player. 

They have the better motivation. 

I think it would be a closer contest than the last times we have faced off against each other. 

I like their manager. If he ended up at Carrow Road, I wouldn't be too displeased. 

But do we, as they certainly aren't showing it. 

41 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I predict your net will be even fuller than Tilly's yesterday...

Genuine question. Would you be confident is all in asking

Ipswich have a young hungry talented ambitious manager working hard to make his way up the managerial ranks not some washed up has been with a couple of recent failures on his CV who happens to be mates with the Sporting Director.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Genuine question. Would you be confident is all in asking

Of course I'd be confident. How could anyone not be. Negative vibes wouldn't help the team we want to win but the team we want to lose would love it!

10 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

But do we, as they certainly aren't showing it. 

Well we are a couple points from the playoffs in the second tier whilst they're not even top of the third tier, so yes.

• Like 1

Fair do's to them, they are destroying their opponents at present - just looked at the table, they are still on course for 100 goals and 100 points.  Not at all confident if we play them, certainly not with our current squad.

23 minutes ago, Jack Flash said:

Fair do's to them, they are destroying their opponents at present - just looked at the table, they are still on course for 100 goals and 100 points.  Not at all confident if we play them, certainly not with our current squad.

@nutty nigel will be along shortly as whatever you do don't big up the Binners. Facts will not be tolerated.

in reality we would struggle - Ipswich are building a good young squad playing for each other and for the club - we have a bunch of individuals who really not sure were they want to be . and has for quality our team is laughable

There’s a big gap between L1 and Championship - if we played them ‘now’ with our current injuries it might be close, but with a fit squad they’d not have a chance. End of.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What a world. When we ended up in division 3 (old money) it was the ultimate embarrassment on here, worse than applying for re-election.

They’ve been down there for how long? They’ve thrown the bank, the kitchen sink, the Drum and Monkey and the tree growing out of the stand at it this year and still aren’t up.

Worried about them? Am I ****. Not even guaranteed to play them.

Bunch of cry babies. They’ve got fans in sixth form/uni that have NEVER seen them beat us. Get a grip. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

What a world. When we ended up in division 3 (old money) it was the ultimate embarrassment on here, worse than applying for re-election.

They’ve been down there for how long? They’ve thrown the bank, the kitchen sink, the Drum and Monkey and the tree growing out of the stand at it this year and still aren’t up.

Bunch of cry babies. They’ve got fans in sixth form/uni that have NEVER seen them beat us. Get a grip. 

I admire your stance.

The pertinent word in the opening question is 'now.' At this moment in time and in our present dishevelled state I think that may be half of League One could beat us, let alone ITFC.

I suppose it depends upon the gap in class between the the divisions. Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland came up last year with only Sunderland making much impression. Wigan are rock bottom, but have they had a points deduction?

Ipswich claim to have acquired players with the "Championship in mind" and it does seem to be paying dividends. I don't think they'll struggle next season but it won't be the doddle that many of them seem to think The Summer dealings may be crucial if we are to continue getting our usual haul of points from the derby games.

I laughed at the highlighted and it reminded me of the one time I found myself in the Drum and Monkey on a matchday. I had come to Norwich for a Friday night 'do,' but wanted to get home for Saturday. Without going into details I decided to abort the trip at Ipswich and hole up for the night.in the Travelodge.

I usualy avoid flat-top pubs but my need for the hair of the dog was desperate. I did not realise it was a binner matchday watering hole  In they came, a strange, mottled crowd with matching shirts and rituals, most of them as fat as butter. Like an undiscoved tribe they would have been an anthropologist's dream.

When a young lady with the rear end of a pit-pony and a face to match asked me how I thought we would "git on t'day' I decided that my brain was hurting enough and made a quick exit.

Never again. Was that typical? Have you been there?

Edited by BroadstairsR

If this isn’t motivation enough to improve the team then nothing will be

Webber and his merry leadership team doesn’t care if we lose to Ipswich, this is a true statement. They wouldn’t lose a single wink of sleep.

Our whole existence as a club should be to beat Ipswich. That’s the whole thing. 

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Post of the week 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1