NeymarSmith

If we played Ipswich now

34 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

He left Barnsley before they got relegated.

Whatever. Makes little difference to my point that he didn't rip up any trees last time out in the Championship.

I feel like I'm missing something here.

Is it really outlandish to say a team in good form (no losses in the League since January, last loss in all competitions was a relatively close away loss to Burnley) might, in a one off game, give a team not in form a run for their money?

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It would seem if you don’t love Delia, Micky, Stu, Zoe and Kenny Mac you’re not a true City fan. I’m not an Ipswich fan, have seen them play once in the 80s and have never been to Portman Road. 

Perhaps this is why you don't understand. Perhaps if you had been to Portman Road supporting your team through many defeats you'd understand better the meaning of thick and thin.

I'm thin BTW...

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Is it really outlandish to say a team in good form (no losses in the League since January, last loss in all competitions was a relatively close away loss to Burnley) might, in a one off game, give a team not in form a run for their money?

You are not allowed to say that on here 

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Absolutely - the point is that people are saying they’d win easily. I doubt they’d win at all. There’s a big gap between Champs and L1, otherwise you’d not get the likes of Rotherham yo-yoing like we’ve done with the PL.

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

You are not allowed to say that on here 

You're allowed to say pretty much anything you like on here. But you do have accept that people can do the same with their replies.

They will come up with a passion and momentum as we did with Lambert.. our current "team" is devoid of fight, guile or grit. It will be a hard watch.

If we played Kings Lynn we'd lose with this squads mental situation, there's no backbone, leadership or courage. The sooner the season is done the better.....I expect Watford forum is saying the same.

14 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Absolutely - the point is that people are saying they’d win easily. I doubt they’d win at all. There’s a big gap between Champs and L1, otherwise you’d not get the likes of Rotherham yo-yoing like we’ve done with the PL.

But...they aren't?

I've just looked back through the thread. The only people who are asserting that the result is obvious are those saying we'd win no doubt.

Most posts are saying they wouldn't feel confident we'd win, not that we'd lose easily. 

15 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Name the posters who are saying Ipswich would win easily. 

8 hours ago, king canary said:

But...they aren't?

I've just looked back through the thread. The only people who are asserting that the result is obvious are those saying we'd win no doubt.

Most posts are saying they wouldn't feel confident we'd win, not that we'd lose easily. 

Ok, whatever, I do hope you enjoyed yourself picking through the thread to prove me wrong. I retract the word “easily” if it makes you happy!

Edited by Branston Pickle

I read this thread throughout, went back to the OPs original question and the answer is:

No, I wouldn’t be confident of us em winning against any league side at the moment,

No, whatever manager we have, the problems start above that level.

29 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ok, whatever, I do hope you enjoyed yourself picking through the thread to prove me wrong. I retract the word “easily” if it makes you happy!

Your inability to just admit you're wrong about something with resorting to being snarky about it doesn't paint you in a great light. I'm sure you'll have a suitably dickish response to this though.

A draw 1:1 I would hope in the circumstances; they're currently third aren't they having spent an awful lot for a League One club; on players.

I think the result will be close. They may even take the lead. But it will end in tears, Blue and white tears. Like the last time they got a little bit excited...

On 15/04/2023 at 17:31, Branston Pickle said:

There’s a big gap between L1 and Championship - if we played them ‘now’ with our current injuries it might be close, but with a fit squad they’d not have a chance. End of.

…so someone just reacted with a laugh to this quote from April.  Very clever.  What a ****.  Reacting at the time might’ve been a little more relevant. 

11 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

That’s been proved wrong! 

No idea what you're referring too as I cba to go back but, and I can't be concise enough with this.

F*ck Ipswich.

And f*ck any weird desperation to laud over them on a Norwich forum.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No idea what you're referring too as I cba to go back but, and I can't be concise enough with this.

F*ck Ipswich.

Quite.  The weirdness of some of our ‘support’ never ceases to amaze me  - always denouncing the selection before a ball is kicked, searching desperately for excuses for the opposition when we win (‘we were lucky they didn’t score/win’) and almost loving the fact the binners are ahead of us. It’s bizarre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Quite.  The weirdness of some of our ‘support’ never ceases to amaze me  - always denouncing the selection before a ball is kicked, searching desperately for excuses for the opposition when we win (‘we were lucky they didn’t score/win’) and almost loving the fact the binners are ahead of us. It’s bizarre.

You were miles out as well! 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

F*ck Ipswich.

Not me. 

Love Norwich, dislike Ipswich immensely. It’s not lauding, it’s recognising where we are in regard to our fiercest rivals. A club nearly identical in stature. It matters if they become more successful than us. Or it least it should as Norwich fan, and it should indicate to the board/owners that it’s not good enough. 

When the new Ipswich owners / chief exec, etc, walked through the door the first thing they talked about was getting back being on par with us. Because it matters. 

If your a true Norwich fan, then your simply hiding your feelings which are that you are gutted to see them where they are at the minute, and worried about how much success they might get in the short to medium future, compared to us.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

You were miles out as well! 

What on earth are you on about?  Miles out about what, exactly?  You’ve either been drinking or need some help.

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

What on earth are you on about?  Miles out about what, exactly?  You’ve either been drinking or need some help.

You said they’d have no chance of beating us if we had a fully fit squad! They’ve virtually the same side as when you made that comment.. So its miles out! Because they’ve every chance as proven by their Championship start!

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

11 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

You said they’d have no chance of beating us if we had a fully fit squad! They’ve virtually the same side as when you made that comment.. So its miles out! Because they’ve every chance as proven by their Championship start!

That was in April, ffs, quite some time ago, and they were in a different league.  We both now have different sides and things have changed - it wouldn’t be the same now,, but we haven’t played them so how can anything be “miles out”.

Your argument is both a bit deranged and 6 months late.  If we played them now we might well lose, but we don’t play until December when things could easily change.