cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread Boro V Canaries**

Stop the rot. End of season, Webber and Wagner out. Thanks for two great seasons Webber, but just go. It's just not working anymore. This will get nasty if they keep him employed. So sad. 

Just now, hogesar said:

We all know. Have we conceded 4 in any games this season with Hanley at the back? And we've played teams in better form than Boro with him.

Well, that was under the assumption Sorensen could play CB.

There's no both ways, just the simple fact we are worse without Hanley Gibson and Mclean

Just because Sorenson is worse it doesn't make Hanley good.

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'm sure Rob Butler still thinks the play offs are well and truly on and everything's going to plan 😂

Yes he still spouting off we still in it 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Poor first half. 45 minutes to put it right. Lets see what reaction the players have in the second half. 

Oh Lakey there are times when it is best to say nothing and this is right up there.

• Like 3

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Two clean sheets without him had nothing to do with his absence.

Conceding four without is all about his absence.

You're right, I don't like to admit that.

Depends, unless the 10 clean sheets we've also had this season with Hanley are now nothing to do with him?

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

4 shots 4 goals.

Its as simple as that. WTF are we all about.  This is just absolute 💯 dog 🐕 shìť. 

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yep, this is what happens when you face a team in form and the spine of your team is missing. Could have had a great start, missed presentable chances, and their clinical finishing has put us to the sword.

Game over for this season now.

But Middlesbrough weren't in form. They were out of form and then along came...

Edited by Michael Starr

We have a midfield of Gibbs and Sara trying to cope. We have two wingers, one of which, should not be on the pitch when we have our own on the bench who could be better. So we are losing the game in the midfield.

Yes the defending is shambolic but when you have to rely on Sara trying to clear the ball, you are in trouble.

The club is going backwards like siht off a shovel. The SD must take his share of responsibility. He appointed a coach who is picking ridiculous lineups like Smith. What was it about playing 5 in midfield and winning that Wagner wasn't happy with?

Give me strength, we have to get this sorted. We cannot just accept we are having a bad time. Its endemic in the club.

• Thanks 1

The thing is Boro haven’t even really been THAT much on top or impressive. We’ve probably had just as many chances as they have. I’ve noticed that for some reason their defence seems to be actively trying to prevent us from scoring, whereas our defence appears to be offering the ball a cosy little spot right at the back of the net. I think in future we should try to do what Boro are doing.

• Like 2

Just now, TIL 1010 said:
6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Poor first half. 45 minutes to put it right. Lets see what reaction the players have in the second half. 

Oh Lakey there are times when it is best to say nothing and this is right up there.

Why, isn't there 45 minutes to go?

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Because results were so much better with him in the side weren’t they? 

Yes, they were.

2 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Pass me that for a puff Lakey, we will probably keep them down to just the 5, this squad has absolutely no heart, passion or fight. They are literally not fit to wear our shirt.

Perfectly sums up what has been wrong with this squad for a long long time.

I could write an essay on everything wrong with tonight and most games this season. I'm too deflated though. Weak, timid, slow, one-paced, one-dimensional rubbish. Can we be first to one second ball please? Or maybe win one v one challenge? You can run with the ball and take players on you know and there's such a thing as playing final balls into feet, oh, and that big, tall wide, thing with the net around it? That's the goal, aim for that! Without the ball, watch Boro players, they run, they don't jog and they do it in numbers, maybe try that once in a bloody while.

These are basic fundamentals. Not the intrinsic small details of a defined and highly technical playing philosophy,  just plain basics that every professional footballer should be aware of and able to impliment. 

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yep, this is what happens when you face a team in form and the spine of your team is missing. Could have had a great start, missed presentable chances, and their clinical finishing has put us to the sword.

Boro aren't in form though 

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

No Bus procession this year or for the near future 

Mid table at best

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

We have a midfield of Gibbs and Sara trying to cope. We have two wingers, one of which, should not be on the pitch when we have our own on the bench who could be better. So we are losing the game in the midfield.

Yes the defending is shambolic but when you have to rely on Sara trying to clear the ball, you are in trouble.

The club is going backwards like siht off a shovel. The SD must take his share of responsibility. He appointed a coach who is picking ridiculous lineups like Smith. What was it about playing 5 in midfield and winning that Wagner wasn't happy with?

Give me strength, we have to get this sorted. We cannot just accept we are having a bad time. Its endemic in the club.

Yes the stats with 5 in midfield are telling. Promotion form. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

But Middlesbrough weren't in form. They were out of form and then along came...

Quite, they’d not won in three. People do like to make things up tonight their agenda

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Just because Sorenson is worse it doesn't make Hanley good.

It does when the argument this season has been dropping Hanley to "see how we would look" and both his potential replacements have looked awful in their first game against a decent side having a go.

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

But Middlesbrough we're in form. They were out of form and then along came...

Not really, whilst they only had one point in their last nine one defeat was a close one to Burnley, and they'd won three of the previous four before that. They were hardly out of form.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There's no both ways, just the simple fact we are worse without Hanley Gibson and Mclean

Well Sorenson isn't a CB so that's hardly surprising. Poor lad gets put everywhere and anywhere; don't think he's ever going to get a proper run at DM.

OTBC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

The thing is Boro haven’t even really been THAT much on top or impressive. We’ve probably had just as many chances as they have. I’ve noticed that for some reason their defence seems to be actively trying to prevent us from scoring, whereas our defence appears to be offering the ball a cosy little spot right at the back of the net. I think in future we should try to do what Boro are doing.

Sh#t. And they've scored 4 already. I wish we were that poor. Fxck me were done. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes, they were.

Because we were in the top 6 till a week ago were we? 

Edited by TheBaldOne66

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I would say changes needed at half time but then you look at the bench..

What are you talking about, we've Ida........oh, my mistake