cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Millers**

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The damage was done in the summer before he was sacked (unfairly) Webber dismantled a great side and spent a fortune on absolute dross. 

Yep probably true but the whole footballing philosophy has gone backwards, literally just hoping to score at times, so slow. 

3 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

All together now BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and more BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO🤣

I think I may join you, young Mr Baldy.

FOPPINBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Big O said:

Yep probably true but the whole footballing philosophy has gone backwards, literally just hoping to score at times, so slow. 

That too. But the recruitment is what did us. Sooo much money spent on absolute rubbish. We are now back where we started 

Deeply frustrating afternoon.

Positives- we looked very solid defensively. Hanley and Gibson shouldn't walk back in when fit.

Negatives- we looked less and less creative as the game went on and the subs made next to no impact. At no point in the final 20 did it feel like we had Rotherham pinned in. 

ed off if I paid to see thisThis is so dispiriting I would be well P

Deja boo, where have I heard this before? 🙂

At least we didn't concede despite the inexperience in defence.

Play like that every week and we'd have easily been in the top six. Created plenty. Just one of those days. The booing is more cumulative frustration than today's performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Play like that every week and we'd have easily been in the top six. Created plenty. Just one of those days. The booing is more cumulative frustration than today's performance.

It was awful.

• Like 1

General performance was good (well first half) but to not score was criminal. We just have to do better at home. It’s all very well getting a result away at Blackburn but following it up with another home no show against opposition that we’re there for the taking is poor.

Let’s be honest, this squad is nowhere near good enough even with injury problems. Best thing is to stay down and rebuild with hopefully new ownership too

Last attack of the match from Rotherham. Sums it up.

Tactics changed after a good win. No effort. No pace. No imagination. Crazy subs. Four strikers on the pitch throughout the game and not a shot in anger. 

I am feckin angry with this shower. What is DW up to? We can see it. Why can't he?

Just now, king canary said:

Negatives- we looked less and less creative as the game went on and the subs made next to no impact

Yes, agree with this. Wagner seems obsessed with getting as many attacking players on the pitch as possible but it doesn't matter how many there are if you can't get control of the ball to get it to them.

Obviously in his defence our options are threadbare at the moment, and you don't know the fitness status of those on the pitch, but I think we would have had more chance of winning if we hadn't made a single sub.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Are you having a laugh, toothless against a lower side- it was very poor 

4 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Guess its all over now and time to forget promotion - hope Rob Butler gets the message and stop talking about going up

No no, just said "we've got the games left to get the points needed" 😂😂😂

You get a winning formula you should stick with it.

Sorenson should have stayed in midfield with Gibbs further forward. Why tinker.

And please no more Pukku and Sarg. Pukki now s/b a super sub so we get some creativity on the pitch not that we have anyone!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bottom half team and we could not beat them - we really dont have the ability to go in play offs

21 shots on goal, 4 on target. We are really awful in front of goal

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I think people made the mistake of getting their hopes up again. I know I did, so there is a certain level of frustration.👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Erm, what?