Canaries north

Dean Smith in talks with?

I can only think that getting relegated is some kind of tax ploy on the part of the owners. The fans will need something much stiffer than tea in their mugs to watch his brand of football take them down.

It looked like Jesse Marsch to Leicester was nearly a done deal yesterday before it collapsed, and I don't think he's any better than Smith as a candidate. 

If I were a Leicester fan, I'd be unenthused by either of them, but they definitely need someone in as soon as possible because they're just drifting further and further away from safety. 

If Shakespeare goes with Smith, as I imagine he would, then it's worth remembering he had a hell of an initial impact when he took over there after Ranieri.

Good for him I guess? 

It didn't work out here, I wish him no ill will going forward but I doubt Leicester fans will be enthused at this.

Although a question now springs to mind.... If he keeps them up, does that... Does that mean WE really WERE the problem??? 😮😮😮 

😂😂😂

It's only an interim role, they'll be looking for a full time replacement in the summer according to Fabrizio Romano 

My word Leicester really are desperate. Is the idea that if it goes wrong a club legend in Shaky will soften the blow? That's the only logical thing I can make of it anyway, they can't have seen much in his Norwich tenure to suggest any success

Edited by AJ

7 minutes ago, AJ said:

My word Leicester really are desperate. Is the idea that if it goes wrong a club legend in Shaky will soften the blow? That's the only logical thing I can make of it anyway, they can't have seen much in his Norwich tenure to suggest any success

Their squad is rather better to say the least and they’ve got Wolves, Leeds, Everton and West Ham to play. 

• Like 1

Amazingly its been confirmed…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65235729

Leicester have done what we should have done when we appointed him - given him the job until the end of the season.

Edited by canarybubbles

When Smith was here, I often saw posters say that he was an unlucky coach. I totally disagree - he's one of the luckiest coaches ever. He landed a job with a fantastically well-run club - Brentford - who were willing to let him be mediocre for three years. Then he got the job with Villa and a squad which included Grealish and a host of very good players who almost anyone could have got promoted, he avoided relegation due to a freak technological glitch, when he was finally sacked he walked into a new job a few days later, and now he has the chance to revive his career with a squad that looks a bit better on paper than several of their rivals around them.

He might not have much in the way of managerial ability, but his interview technique must be stunning.

He's come out of his dismal spell at Carrow Road smelling of roses.

If fact, his stint at Norwich has actually enhanced his career. He is better off.

Unbelievable.

12 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

He's come out of his dismal spell at Carrow Road smelling of roses.

If fact, his stint at Norwich has actually enhanced his career. He is better off.

Unbelievable.

I suspect it's more to do with Shaky being ex-Leicester royalty

With the benefit of hindsight at the end of this season, although Smith never fit in here or attempted to make any connection with the fans, the suggestion that he was 100% of the problem and that this squad would be romping the league with anyone else in charge has proven to be well wide of the mark. 

• Like 1