11 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

and forking out £50k pw allegedly 

That was the wage that Michael Bailey said he was on the top tier.

But our players all have hefty relegation wage cuts in their contracts, I believe Webber has said 50%.

So more like £25k a week?

Just now, JuanVelasco said:

That was the wage that Michael Bailey said he was on the top tier.

But our players all have hefty relegation wage cuts in their contracts, I believe Webber has said 50%.

So more like £25k a week?

No, Pukki does not have the hefty relegation wage cut. That was confirmed by Bailey, I believe.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Top corner said:

I agree that we probably won't get what we paid for him, but I can imagine us selling him simply because he is quite a big financial asset, which could be used to improve the starting 11. Add in the money from selling Max, possibly Sara, maybe 1 or 2 more, plus whatever else we have to spend, I think could massively improve the starting 11. Whatever happens, it's going to be a busy summer for player recruitment. 

He was free

He will do well to get a contract of more than a year from any club. He is 33 and well past it, and cannot currently score goals.

Inevitable ? Probably. One last pay day as some have mentioned. Let's give him an absolute blast of a send off. True ncfc legend! It maybe to soon to think 'post' pukki but in Sargent at least someone can play up top. But.....for now....let's all enjoy the memories 

Much the same was said of Holt when he left...we survived and thrived. Now let's have a look in L1/2. Neither Holt nor Hoolahan were anything great before we signed them. Our non UK signings have been a flop, on the whole.

We have had great success in finding and bringing through UK youngsters. Godfrey, Lewis, Maddison, Omobamidele, Gibbs, McCallum and probably Mumba - those signed in their mid/late teens. And despite the howls of anguish on here from the usual suspects I am optimistic. As over the past decade the club has enjoyed plenty of success and good fortune. Three league titles and a Wembley win amid a half dozen years in the PL. Compare that to over half of the Championship clubs, most who have recently been dumped out of the PL. Or the likes of Bolton, Wigan, Derby, Weds and the binners who could only ever dream of what we have had.

So lets see what the remaining games bring. Know that for all their 'giving a propa go innit' there are three PL clubs who will drop down come May. And there are currently nine who do not know if they will be one of those clubs. Thanks for the memories Teemu, and I wish you well, but the club goes on and it's time for a new hero.

And as Martin Tylers missus would have

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bonnie+tyler+i+need+a+hero

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

He will do well to get a contract of more than a year from any club. He is 33 and well past it, and cannot currently score goals.

MLS looks like a great option, pace will suit him and lovely payday to boot. Depends on which area he might move to, but the Californian sunshine sounds alright to me!

16 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Even this season he has 10 goals and 7 assists.

Well past it? At least he reached it, which is more than either Sargent or Idah are likely to do.

Edited by canarybubbles

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Cant replace him won't replace him.

Will be missed more than anyone else. 

Very interesting to see where he goes.

Piswich - they are loaded don’t you know….

7 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

God. He's not scoring as we currently have two CB's who are constantly launching balls up to him with snow on them. Never been his game.Was'nt addressed when Buendia left. Was'nt expecting another Emi,but surely we could have got someone with a bit of nuance to to give him some decent service. Don't blame him for wanting out of this mess.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Satriales said:

MLS looks like a great option, pace will suit him and lovely payday to boot. Depends on which area he might move to, but the Californian sunshine sounds alright to me!

That sounds pretty good - I do think he’s lost a little of his edge, a slightly slower game overseas would be good for him.

Probably one of the best free transfers of all time. When it was first announced he had been signed I remember fans on here saying things like “We don’t want a Celtic reject!”

Probably best we part company with him this summer and not next so we can concentrate on rebuilding the squad without him as I couldn’t really see him doing much if he stayed

You’ll never be forgotten Teemu, you’re a true club legend

So Pukki & Sinanni going as out of contract, Dowell & Byram out of contract and probably out the door too as Injured more than fit....Hernandez I believe is out of contract this year too.

Large chunk of wages there, can see a few more youth products being utilsed next year.

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

So Pukki & Sinanni going as out of contract, Dowell & Byram out of contract and probably out the door too as Injured more than fit....Hernandez I believe is out of contract this year too.

Large chunk of wages there, can see a few more youth products being utilsed next year.

McGovern and Josh Martin also to come off the wage bill, out of contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

easy to say after the fact but we really should have got a bit of money for him at some point ffs. Another failure from the board

There would have been a fan mutiny if we'd sold Pukki in the summer for any price, and then been 7th in the table like we are now. It would have 100% entirely have been blamed on Pukki being sold, with people saying he was a 30 goal Championship striker etc.

Nobody thought that flogging Pukki in the summer was a good idea, only with hindsight as you say. In hindsight getting £5m for him and the buying a striker would have been sensible, but literally nobody would have seen it that way I'm afraid.

Edited by JuanVelasco
  • Like 5

Probably our best free transfer of all time, but sadly the right time for him, and us to move on. Definitely a Norwich legend,  and a proper one when legend is used to easily these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaFan said:

There is more chance of Villa signing Haaland in the summer than there is Pukki and there is absolutely no chance of us getting Haaland

Agreed, I love Pukki as much as the next Norwich fan, but it's clear he's in decline now. He won't be going back to the Premier league unless someone like Luton go up.

5 minutes ago, JuanVelasco said:

There would have been a fan mutiny if we'd sold Pukki in the summer for any price, and then been 7th in the table like we are now. It would have 100% entirely have been blamed on Pukki being sold, with people saying he was a 30 goal Championship striker etc.

Nobody thought that flogging Pukki in the summer was a good idea, only with hindsight as you say. In hindsight getting £5m for him and the buying a striker would have been sensible, but literally nobody would have seen it that way I'm afraid.

decent argument for both sides but a club like us that lacks investment can't afford to let its high value assets depreciate to nothing. It's not Pukki or nothing in this scenario

53 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Let’s see. I’d put money on you being wrong

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Much the same was said of Holt when he left...we survived and thrived. Now let's have a look in L1/2. Neither Holt nor Hoolahan were anything great before we signed them. Our non UK signings have been a flop, on the whole.

We have had great success in finding and bringing through UK youngsters. Godfrey, Lewis, Maddison, Omobamidele, Gibbs, McCallum and probably Mumba - those signed in their mid/late teens. And despite the howls of anguish on here from the usual suspects I am optimistic. As over the past decade the club has enjoyed plenty of success and good fortune. Three league titles and a Wembley win amid a half dozen years in the PL. Compare that to over half of the Championship clubs, most who have recently been dumped out of the PL. Or the likes of Bolton, Wigan, Derby, Weds and the binners who could only ever dream of what we have had.

So lets see what the remaining games bring. Know that for all their 'giving a propa go innit' there are three PL clubs who will drop down come May. And there are currently nine who do not know if they will be one of those clubs. Thanks for the memories Teemu, and I wish you well, but the club goes on and it's time for a new hero.

And as Martin Tylers missus would have

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bonnie+tyler+i+need+a+hero

I’m not sure about your comment on non UK players. As well as Pukki we had somebody called Buendia. We also had quite a few other talents in the Farke era.

1 hour ago, VillaFan said:

There is more chance of Villa signing Haaland in the summer than there is Pukki and there is absolutely no chance of us getting Haaland

If you did sign Pukki as a backup to Watkins, I don’t think you’d be too disappointed!   

For a while I did harbour the hope he would stay simply because he was settled in the area. Alas it is not to be and it's not clear if his sad demeanor is because he is leaving, or he is peed off.

It's sad but the club has to move on and I fear the summer will see a number of departures including Krul, Dowell, Aarons, Byram and probably Hernandez. Fans want a rebuild but realistically nobody will buy the crud we might ideally like to cash in on so we've no alternative but to trim the wage bill of out of contract players.

We need some more heroes and bloody quickly.

53 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Even this season he has 10 goals and 7 assists.

It will take Idah the whole of his 5 year contract to match that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

This was probably decided a while ago but have just gone public. Looks unhappy currently so wish him well with his next move and been a fantastic servant for the club.

I’m gutted, but I was gutted when Maddison left as it was obvious he was our best player and we kicked in after that pretty well. Pukki is our best striker, but not in the current system and not really got that much competition to compare with. I’d be more worried if we were losing Sara as I think he represents a player that can tear up this league in a different way to Emi, but I think played with the right supporting cast and he is potentially cheat code.