yellow_belly

Would you take Graham Potter?

Obviously we won’t get rid of Wagner and he may be great in the future! (but his stats, minus one brilliant season, seem to be a fair reflection of his actual ability)

But… would you take Graham Potter? I think he could be a good fit at Norwich and would be an upgrade on Wagner. 

Obviously, we need to get of Mr 90% first. It looks like the great recruitment was actually done by others  (now at Middlesbrough etc)

Just a bit of silliness, but would you take Potter?!

Edited by yellow_belly

I think Potter is taking a break (and counting his £millions, probably!) - given there’s been 12 PL sackings this season, I imagine it won’t be long before there’s a gap he can fill at that level.  

Hypothetically yes. Realistically not a chance in hell unless we have some serious investment and Potter fancies such a project.

• Like 1

I'd have Wagner over Potter any day of the week. 

He got Swansea to 10th after being relegated from prem, difference is he had the entire season with that squad, I think Wagner will achieve as good despite the mental issues and injuries we have.

Potter then jumped shipped after finishing 10th, despite being offered a good whack to stay.  Had a good thing at Brighton and jumped in the pan at Chelsea.

I neither think he's any better, and certainly would have little trust on him to not jump at the first bit of interest.

Edited by Google Bot

i think Potter had Great recruitment teams behind him at Brighton 

he built a team and players slotted into roles in the team 

Bit like Webber as soon as Potter had bigger money that working plan went out the window ,

everyone is good at a something Webber and Potter seem to be better buying / coaching cheaper players for a role instead of buying more expensive players 

34 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I'd certainly take Harry Potter.....Hogwarts an' all.....We'd be absolute magic!.....

Even with his magic wand he’d struggle to get this squad in the top 6. 

• Haha 1

With his Chelsea pay-off he may be able to buy the club, if he was that desperate to get back in to the game!

Potter would be better than what we have, but realistically moving from Chelsea to Norwich is never gonna happen. A strange suggestion in the first place.

52 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

I'm not a Wagner fan but have an inkling that he may come good next season.

I have an inkling he's going to get us to Wembley this season.

Potter is an excellent manager, Chelsea are a bit of a basket case, I think he would do well for us in this hypothetical situation - his level is getting smaller clubs punching above their weight

However its just a pipe dream

Last year, Graham Potter was being hailed by many as the best English coach around and one of the frontrunners to be the next England manager after Southgate. 

After a bad experience at one of Europe's top clubs, we now have people on the Pink Un saying they wouldn't have him at Norwich in the Championship. 

The world of football is so fickle at times it's ridiculous.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

we now have people on the Pink Un saying they wouldn't have him at Norwich in the Championship. 

The world of football is so fickle at times it's ridiculous.

It's more fickle to talk about managers you'd rather have at the club when the current is only a few months into the role himself.

I would not replace Wagner with Potter.  If we were managerless it's a completely different proposition.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

Couldn't give a monkeys about Potter, I'm interested to see what Wagner can do working with Webber to rebuild our squad

13 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It's more fickle to talk about managers you'd rather have at the club when the current is only a few months into the role himself.

I would not replace Wagner with Potter.  If we were managerless it's a completely different proposition.

Well yeah, that's obvious, but I think the point of the thread was hypothetical. Or at least that's the way I took it anyway, because the idea of sacking a coach without any justification just because someone better has come available is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Well yeah, that's obvious, but I think the point of the thread was hypothetical. Or at least that's the way I took it anyway

I just read the question as posted:

"would you take Graham Potter? I think he could be a good fit at Norwich and would be an upgrade on Wagner. "

And chose to support our current manager, as have others.   I don't find that ridiculously fickle, personally.

13 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I just read the question as posted:

"would you take Graham Potter? I think he could be a good fit at Norwich and would be an upgrade on Wagner. "

And chose to support our current manager, as have others.   I don't find that ridiculously fickle, personally.

He also said: 

"Obviously we won’t get rid of Wagner" and "Just a bit of silliness, but would you take Potter?!"

I think that both of those comments show that it was a hypothetical question rather than a serious one.

If the question was serious, then of course we're not going to sack Wagner to get Potter. 

• Like 1

1) Chelsea situation isn't all on Potter

2) Potter was the sought after English manager only a few months ago. We'd be crazy to not want him here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think that both of those comments show that it was a hypothetical question rather than a serious one.

It is not fickle to support the current coach of this club whether 'hypothetical', or 'serious' options are presented.   

I was simply pointing out why I, and others would say no despite your accusation of us being ridiculously fickle in that decision.

End of.

23 hours ago, NFN FC said:

In a fist fight?... Yeah I'd have him

I thought the question was more along the lines of what is known in Viz Comic as Up The ***** Corner:

FD05F51C-3956-4348-8E91-61EB3B038DA2.jpeg

9A7E0EBD-917F-41C9-A8CC-B0866806D2B9.jpeg

• Haha 1