cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Terriers V Canaries*

I predict city will be near the bottom of the championship next season, and Wagner will get the sack. They are just an awful awful side.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Sorry, but that second half was as bad as anything under Smith.

Given how abject Huddersfield were first half, only being one up was pretty poor too.

I actually think that was worse than anything under Smith.  

• Like 1

That was worse than anything I saw under Smith this season.  There’s no excuse for that ****show of a performance.  These are professional sportsmen paid a fortune and our defence is a complete shambles.

We drew a game 1-1 vs a side that hadn’t scored for c8 hours and didn’t even manage a shot on target.  How?  

• Like 1

All I can say is thank God there's no danger of us getting promoted this season, 

If we thought the last 2 PL seasons were embarrassing... God help us with the bulk of this squad up there. 

Forget the play-offs. Play like that against a top 6 side it will be all over after the 1st leg.

I'm getting sick of the sight of some of our players, massive clear out in the summer please.

Attanasio let's see the colour of your money as by christ we need it.

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Automatic promotion hasn't looked likely for about 4 months!

It's more the playoffs looking unlikely. 4 point gap now with 9 to play. 

I think you are probably right there 👍

Lucky it wasn’t at CR 

Then we could use the usual excuse either the Ref or the Linesman 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

That was worse than anything I saw under Smith this season.  There’s no excuse for that ****show of a performance.  These are professional sportsmen paid a fortune and our defence is a complete shambles.

We drew a game 1-1 vs a side that hadn’t scored for c8 hours and didn’t even manage a shot on target.  How?  

They still haven't scored. We scored for them. Hanley has done more for Huddersfield this season than us.

Edited by canarydan23

It's amazing how bad our set pieces are all of a sudden too, we didn't score many before but we had plenty of shots, now we get nowhere near the cross at all.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Forget the play-offs. Play like that against a top 6 side it will be all over after the 1st leg.

I'm getting sick of the sight of some of our players, massive clear out in the summer please.

It's green 👍

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Would you give Webber a load of money he was the one who spent Multi millions on this Team 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

First cheque to sign is Stuart Webber's severance. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So are we allowed to critise Wagner yet? He's just a german Dean Smith

I'll be honest I thought he would have got more from this squad. 

It's been a miserable 2 seasons I have to say.

Well, Webber has always said he wanted a mountain to climb...

Stopped watching after they scored.We are just not good enough for the playoffs never mind promotion.

Tonight I was not impressed by Sorensen (prefer to give Gibbs a chance) Sargent has so little control,Marquinhos just didn't get into the game and then blotted his copybook,as Saturday some woeful bad passes and their goal was frankly disgraceful.

Playing against a team bottom of the table who have not scored in 6 matches and who get 0 shots on target against you and yet you draw 1-1.. Sackable offence in my opinion

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I'd rather have a BJ from a piranha than watch that. And I was following the BBC live feed.

Summed up with two minutes to go, we have a goal kick. Gunn tells them to get upfield. Hanley overrules. AO gets the ball, passes to Hanley who runs ten yards then boots it upfield.

No momentum in our play. No pace in the front six. Lack of basic ball control. Midfield too deliberate. Would rather give a five yard backward pass than take a chance on going past someone. Defence as bad as ever.

Proof that not all Brazilians can play football properly. Apart from his goal, Sara, who was supposed to be an attacking midfielder, drops back for an easy ball time after time. Marquinhos clueless about what he is supposed to be doing.

I am so fcukin frustrated right now. What is it that 30 pinkun posters can see that Webber and Wagner cannot?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Absolutely pathetic. David Wagner was brought in to get us promoted, words straight from the mouth of his mate Stuart Webber, and he is failing.

He’s failing for the same reason Smith did, the club and fans want and expect promotion with an incapable squad.    They are genuinely not good enough.