cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Terriers V Canaries*

It's really poor from Kenny there imo, he sends Hanley all the way out to right back and he takes up the CB position, tells Omo to play back to Gunn. That's all fine but then the pass into him from Gunn isn't on as Waghorn is covering him so the ball goes back into AO who looks to play up the pitch. At that moment we leave Waghorn in front of goal with probably 25 yards between Kenny and AO. Need to stop ball watching others in possession.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Fancy slagging off Pukki so he scores please Robbo?

Pukki's got no chance of scoring tonight. He's just past it.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Obviously not related to the goal but is it a coincidence we've looked significantly worse since Pukki came on?

not a coincidence at all. Past his prime. Can't head the ball. No pace. This love in for Pukki needs to slow down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

With the added fact he's supposed to be the captain and the organiser at the back, something he fails at weekly.

I think Hanley gets unfair criticism at times, but he was totally asleep for the goal tonight. Unlucky, however, that it ended up being an own goal.

Someone said on here we only needed 4 more players to strengthen the squad.

I'd only keep 4 of this current squad.

• Haha 1

Well that was a right fcuk up at the back, honestly what a load of wasters, and i got slagged of for saying we need to clear out most of this squad. 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think Hanley gets unfair criticism at times, but he was totally asleep for the goal tonight. Unlucky, however, that it ended up being an own goal.

Frankly he's been useless all season.

We lead the league for errors leading to shots. We've tried changing our right back, our left back, our other central defender and our goalkeeper but the problems persist.

I wonder why that might be.

6 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Can you imagine what a great side we may have without Hanley in it? If only he could score for us.

Based on this half, you'd need the imagination of Tolkien to imagine anything like that with our squad.

I don't remember Wagner's Huddersfield p155ing about with it at the back all the time, walking with the ball or having to make 10 sideways and backwards passes before moving forward. I've said it before, this team can either play Farkeball or a much slower, stodigier version of Farkeball and nothing else. Big changes needed all over the squad in the summer or we might as well put all our budget into signing a no.10 and appoint another possession focused manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Frankly he's been useless all season.

We lead the league for errors leading to shots. We've tried changing our right back, our left back, our other central defender and our goalkeeper but the problems persist.

I wonder why that might be.

Genuine question because I don't know the answer:

Those must be individual errors, so do we know who made them?

Roll on the Summer, this season hasn’t been great but it could be a godsend in the end. Staying in this league may be a blessing in disguise, too much baggage in the squad, need a reset, need fresh hungry players. All our Premiership hangover players need to ply their trade elsewhere, total reset with youth and DWs choices.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Genuine question because I don't know the answer:

Those must be individual errors, so do we know who made them?

Krul was the leading individual last time I saw the stat.

I'm not claiming Hanley is making these. But he's got the armband, he's the senior man in the back 4 but they are constantly disorganised.

I'm not saying drop him and all our issues are gone- but he's not played remotely well enough to be guaranteed a start each week.

Just now, Channon’s Windmill said:

Roll on the Summer, this season hasn’t been great but it could be a godsend in the end. Staying in this league may be a blessing in disguise, too much baggage in the squad, need a reset, need fresh hungry players. All our Premiership hangover players need to ply their trade elsewhere, total reset with youth and DWs choices.

Yep, although I bet game one next season still See's Hanley, Gibson and McLean starting 

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

McCallum, Giannoulis AND Tzolis on at the same time??

I think due to the two changes in the first half we had to make all our changes in one go- you're only allowed three stoppages for substitutions.