Top corner

Marquinhos on loan

Sounds a positive signing - 5 first team appearances this season, scoring and assisting in the Europa League

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Will help Sara having someone else from his country, will probably help Marquinhos too, for the same reason.

Arsenal already have Jesus, Martinelli and Gabriel in their squad, but it'll definitely be good for Sara to have another Portuguese-speaker about!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Given it's a loan. Can you tell me how many loan spots we have left ? 

You're allowed two domestic loans. We had Hayden and Ramsey, but now Ramsey has gone back to Villa we'd be refilling the second available slot with Marquinhos.

EDIT: fake news! We're allowed five, my bad.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

OK after having done some brief and quick searching saw an Arsenal fan when asked to describe him described him as 'What happens when you order Saka on wish'

😂

That's fine cos we currently are what you get when you order a PL team on wish 😂

• Haha 7

This from my Gooner mate:

"Looked decent when I saw him play against Bodø/Glimt. Got about a bit, drives forward with the ball well, think he was only on for about an hour. Other than that just seen him on televised Europa games. Scored a nice goal v Zurich, very determined run to get on the end of it. He's played on the right side of a three man attack. We don't really play wingers, just wide forwards who have licence to move inside. Sounds like a good fit. Obviously the championship will be a totally different experience for him than the Europa, but he's not lightweight."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You're allowed two domestic loans. We had Hayden and Ramsey, but now Ramsey has gone back to Villa we'd be refilling the second available slot with Marquinhos.

That’s not the case, you are allowed up to 5 domestic loans in a match day squad. I think there’s a limit on the number from any one club, possibly two.

Just now, Mr Angry said:

That’s not the case, you are allowed up to 5 domestic loans in a match day squad. I think there’s a limit on the number from any one club, possibly two.

I stand corrected! Two domestic loans only is the PL rules, I was getting confused.

• Like 1

An Arsenal-supporting mate of mine (and a former semi-pro lad himself in his younger days) rates him and thinks he'll do well for us.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I stand corrected! Two domestic loans only is the PL rules, I was getting confused.

You were just prepping for next season, right? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting stuff. He and Tzolis would definitely offer something a bit different than what we've got at the minute and surely spells the end of Sinani at the club too. 

Could be a fascinating couple of days.

• Like 1

With Placheta and Rowe potentially available as well, we could have a lot of options for wide positions. Keeps Onel on his toes, especially if he wants a new contract!

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Interesting. I wonder if he will have a minimum appearance clause?

Yeah. Not so great at if it’s another Billy Elliott* situation and having by him makes us worse

*i think that means fabulous at dancing around looking good, horse dung at actual playing football at this level

Arsenal season ticket holder mate seems slightly surprised a Championship team has been able to get him on loan. Apparently looked decent in Europa League, but only 5 total apps this season for Arsenal. Not surprising when you consider how they're performing I guess!

He's not good enough for Arsenals first team is the general consensus and is a bit raw still. He should theoretically be good at championship level and looks a bit more of an accomplished finisher than Onel. 

• Like 1

Got excited for a second, although I'm not sure Marquinhos would have been able to displace Hanley from the starting XI.

No idea what this Arsenal lad is like, but will be good to have some competition on the wings.

4 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I used to joke about Norwich signing a Brazilian! We have another one! 

Not the footballing nation they used to be though are they, haven't reached any of the last 5 World Cup finals.