Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v PNE (A/L) ****

9 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Wow! Some real aggression in that training video. Loved the tussle between Teemu & Jacob. Great stuff!

🎶"Puts out his own cones. Puts out his own co-ones. He's David Wagner - puts out his own cones"

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I can see why Krul is back in. Wagner wants the experience and leadership qualities. As good as Gunn seems to have been, the team’s performances have been poor since he came in for Krul.

This is exactly it.

I keep seeing things like "we'd be in the bottom 3 without Gunn", but the fact is we've been losing games more than not since he came into the side, and we were in touch with the top 2 before he came in, so where's the logic? 😂 That's not to say it's all his fault, but Krul is the better keeper.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I can't understand dropping Gunn.. 🤷 that's the thing about having two genuinely good Keepers I guess. 

New guy wants to give everyone a chance and see what works best. Probably not about performance or training

Just now, pete said:

Herdly a favoiur a relegation candidate piking up points

Drunk already?

It's not going to be that bad, surely?

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

I keep seeing things like "we'd be in the bottom 3 without Gunn", but the fact is we've been losing games more than not since he came into the side, and we were in touch with the top 2 before he came in, so where's the logic? 😂 That's not to say it's all his fault, but Krul is the better keeper.

I see the argument, but if you're right it reflects pretty poorly on the other senior players that without Krul we don't have any leadership. On pure goalkeeping Angus has been an upgrade this season.

4 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

This is exactly it.

Krul may have once been the better keeper but I did not have fun watching him kick the ball out of every play almost every single time he had to make a simple pass in our last match.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3

Tompkinson on bench for Stevenage a club with a fit CB's.  Dowell out to prove he is as useless as normal.  Nailed on 0-0 today.

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I see the argument, but if you're right it reflects pretty poorly on the other senior players that without Krul we don't have any leadership. On pure goalkeeping Angus has been an upgrade this season.

Or more likely it reflects more on Gunn's poor leadership and organisational skills?

Krul is the best keeper at the club and should be our number 1.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I love our weekly game of Guess the Formation. I guess it's a diamond, but not sure how much I fancy Sara and Onel as the 'wide' players in that diamond. Could be a 4-3-3 with Kenny Dowell Sara in midfield and Sarg Pukki Onel up top, but that looks weak for different reasons. Yikes.

However, sue me but I'm happy to see Dowell back and I guess Pukki is too

Krul's return is very surprising

Pinkun has it as a 4-4-2. Dowell-Kenny-Sara-Onel. I guess at least that puts Pukki and Sargent together up front. But still yikes. Surely if Dowell plays he has to be the ten.

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Pinkun has it as a 4-4-2. Dowell-Kenny-Sara-Onel. I guess at least that puts Pukki and Sargent together up front. But still yikes. Surely if Dowell plays he has to be the ten.

Pukki and Sarge up top excites me, not sure about the rest!

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Krul may have once been the better keeper but I did not have fun watching him kick the ball out of every play almost every single time he had to make a simple pass in our last match.

Shot stopping wise, nothing between them, so it's a toss up between Gunn's better ability at passing the ball and Krul's better presence as an organiser/leader.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Yea saw that, not sure if it’s just guesswork from them or they know something, I’d hope Dowell is not on the left. He’s just like Sargent, most effective centrally.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Yea saw that, not sure if it’s just guesswork from them or they know something, I’d hope Dowell is not on the left. He’s just like Sargent, most effective centrally.

I assume Dowell will be on the right in a 4-4-2. (My midfield is upside down!)

• Like 1

Hopefully the energy from the training pitch lasts a full 90 mins.

From that Im hoping for a diamond, with either dowell or sara in behind a front 2.

The prime concern remains winning the ball back and the need for a DCM who is aggressive rather than a screener.

Just now, ZLF said:

The prime concern remains winning the ball back and the need for a DCM who is aggressive rather than a screener.

You could have written that at any point in the last five years, except during The Skipp Interregnum

I think this shows what a complete mess Webber has made out of numerous transfer windows when you've got the likes of Onel and Dowell starting.

• Like 2

Look, I just want to see a positive attitude from the players today maybe? Just the slightest spark that Wagner is changing the players mindset.

My expectations are low lads, just look like you care and we’ll go from there.

• Like 1

Hmmmm.....

Are we thinking

Krul

Aarons Omobamadele Hanley Giannoulis 

Sara McLean

Onel Dowell Sargent

Pukki

Or Krul

Aarons Omobamadele Hanley Giannoulis 

Onel Dowell McLean Sara

Sargent Pukki

Edited by Newtopia

11 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Or more likely it reflects more on Gunn's poor leadership and organisational skills?

Krul is the best keeper at the club and should be our number 1.

His kicking is bloody awful though, & his keeping no better than Angus'.