Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v PNE (A/L) ****

Had a mug at his presser, see you tube NCFC.  A nice white one no logo's

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

On his way to sign for someone else is my guess. 

Injured. Facial injury. Too much furious chewing. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Never mind all that, WHERE’S HOOGUL?

He's talking to other clubs.

Wagner obviously seen enough in training.

22 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I can see why Krul is back in. Wagner wants the experience and leadership qualities. As good as Gunn seems to have been, the team’s performances have been poor since he came in for Krul.

Nope. The teams performances were poor before Gunn came in. Nothing to do with him, that's certain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With Hernandez starting, it'll be interesting to see if it's a diamond or 4-3-3.

Hernandez is a natural winger, if he's starting, you'd not expect to see him as one of two CM in a diamond. 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Nope. The teams performances were poor before Gunn came in. Nothing to do with him, that's certain.

Yeah, nothing to do with him at all

Clipboard01.jpg.ec8de8895141207511d9202540b9ba6c.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

This... And Gunn was brought in to replace Krul eventually we can't hang on to people forever, we have to move past people and move forward with younger replacements! 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That team is only going to work if we are high up the pitch a lot of the time. Dowell is not a good tracker back, he is just not sharp enough with his slightly languid style so can see us getting turned over on the break quite easily. Hernandez and Sargent going to have to do a lot of running back to compensate.....

Lakey we have something in common we were both saying on an earlier thread it would be no surprise to see Krul return.

6 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Ahhh, sorry. I didn't realise this was the "find a new scapegoat" thread. I'm sure it's his fault Hanley and Gibson have given goals away, or that our midfield has failed to really screen our back for AND create chances.

I utterly forgot that the goalkeeper is responsible for all of those things. 

Not to mention this requires us to dismiss the "in a false position" argument. So yup. Nope. But by all means, blame Gunn for Pukki not taking his chances if you want. 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Well that's 15-14 conceded in Krul's favour. Statistically insignificant

I really don't think you can make a case that Krul is the better goalkeeper - as a goalkeeper. But I take your point that he may be a better leader & organiser, & that may well be the decisive factor for Wagner.

Edited by ron obvious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Ah yes the old 'we lost so must be the keepers fault' 

You do realize there's 10 players in front of either of them right?  A keeper is the last line of defense, if you have decent protection in front of you, you win more games, if those in front of you are fecking it up every game, there's no way you can stop everything all by yourself. 

Yes keepers keep teams in games with saves etc. But they definitely don't win or lose games all by themselves. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Ah yes the old 'we lost so must be the keepers fault' 

You do realize there's 10 players in front of either of them right?  A keeper is the last line of defense, if you have decent protection in front of you, you win more games, if those in front of you are fecking it up every game, there's no way you can stop everything all by yourself. 

Yes keepers keep teams in games with saves etc. But they definitely don't win or lose games all by themselves. 

If you read my previous posts in this thread I said it's not to say it's all his fault.

But he is a factor.

Just now, ricardo said:

Wuss gorn on?

We’ve confirmed Wagner is not a ceramic mug on the touchline man so, for me, we’ve won this game.

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Ahhh, sorry. I didn't realise this was the "find a new scapegoat" thread. I'm sure it's his fault Hanley and Gibson have given goals away, or that our midfield has failed to really screen our back for AND create chances.

I utterly forgot that the goalkeeper is responsible for all of those things. 

Not to mention this requires us to dismiss the "in a false position" argument. So yup. Nope. But by all means, blame Gunn for Pukki not taking his chances if you want. 

The goalkeeper can't do it all himself but he is the last line of defence, and the scorelines and form since Gunn came in have been abysmal.

Maybe, just maybe, Krul is better at organising and leadership.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is there a mug equivalent of xg?

EOG? Expected Own Goal? KOD - keep on digging? 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is there a mug equivalent of xg?

Yes

oxo

nice in a mug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone seen anything from Dowell this season which would warrant his inclusion in this squad?  He really needs to step up and stop hiding.

27 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I assume Dowell will be on the right in a 4-4-2. (My midfield is upside down!)

The bigger question for me is why Onel is starting.  Otherwise it could be Wagner's 4-2-2-2 formation. Dowell wide in a 4-4-2 is just weird.  Onel wide in a diamond is even weirder....

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

What I like about this disposable mug from Wagner is it’s just a generic brown cup. Nothing fancy, no Starbucks or whatever.

He’s picked that up on the way out of the hotel or something, it’s probably Kenco, not even fancy kenco, normal Kenco.

Proves he’s a man of the people.