Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v PNE (A/L) ****

Sara is the only player I have an issue with. Need to add steel to central midfield so would prefer Gibbs or Sorensen in there. But Dowell in at 10 will add creativity. Preston are a good team - we could get overrun.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Can't help like the guy, can you ?

I can don’t like him much at all - a moany northerner is a moany northerner.

19 minutes ago, chicken said:

Ahhh, sorry. I didn't realise this was the "find a new scapegoat" thread. I'm sure it's his fault Hanley and Gibson have given goals away, or that our midfield has failed to really screen our back for AND create chances.

I utterly forgot that the goalkeeper is responsible for all of those things. 

Not to mention this requires us to dismiss the "in a false position" argument. So yup. Nope. But by all means, blame Gunn for Pukki not taking his chances if you want. 

Look Chicken, I know you can never be wrong, but you’re coming across a touch arrogant with that reply. 

The point is that while on the face of it, Gunn appears the better goalkeeper for key attributes such as shot stopping and kicking, Kruls organisational and leadership skills are far superior and actually have a more positive effect on the team. As the stats Alex uses, back up.

This is not unusual, or clutching at straws. I’ve played in many a side at amateur level where results came easier with leaders and intimidating (to the opposition) teammates in the side, over better skilled ones. A hard thing to measure and prove, other than looking at results.