Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Who would be your choice? Or don't you ever commit only criticise?

The latter - he won't have the foggiest about how much we are paying him + how that compares to others.

Looking forward to watching City again and see how it goes. 
if it does fail, I expect that will be Webber’s last appointment here. 

• Like 2

I know there will be loads of accusations of it just being Webber's mate and the easy option.... but I think this is the right appointment.

IT is a recognition that Webber got it wrong with Smith and a return, at least in some parts, to the road we ventured down with Lord Farke.

He has a track record in the championship and levels of experience that is better than the likes of Martin and Robins.

He has a more defined style of football that suits the Norwich way compared to Wilder or Dyche.

He has more charisma in his little toe than Smith.

He has connections across the football community (including a best mate at one of the top clubs in the country).

Will certainly have my full backing....

(unless of course we lose to Blackburn on Sunday!!!)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Andrew Hughes as 1st Team coach.

Is that 'the' Andy Hughes? I thought he was here anyway in some role?

I think he was our loans manager?

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Andrew Hughes as 1st Team coach.

Is that 'the' Andy Hughes? I thought he was here anyway in some role?

Yes, he took over the loans role I believe. Was part of Wagner's coaching team at Huddersfield.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Media boys and girls have been busy

Welcome to Norwich City DW. 

A new chapter begins and we close the last one.

I really like the media content which the club puts out. City View is enjoyable to watch (when we win anyway) and no doubt they will release a video of Wagner's first day at Colney etc etc.

• Like 2

Great, I really think Wagner will get far more out of this squad than Smith ever did and I really hope we can get our fitness and enthusiasm back to fight for a top 6 finish.

I think it’s a good fit, know each other, the championship and working on budgets, so all positives. Good luck Wagner, Webber might have gone safe but it might just be a master stroke.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I really like the media content which the club puts out. City View is enjoyable to watch (when we win anyway) and no doubt they will release a video of Wagner's first day at Colney etc etc.

Yep, agreed.

Excited for this next 'era'.

It would appear to be the right appointment at this moment in time, particularly as it is a 12 month rolling contract.

We will now find out how good/fit/adaptable the squad of players really are……the ball is in their court.

Hopefully a couple of loans in to sweeten us fans and freshen up our squad as well!

And the sale of Rashica in Jan might also free up some funds!

40 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Media boys and girls have been busy

Welcome to Norwich City DW. 

A new chapter begins and we close the last one.

Don't get me going on this sonyc - obvious signs that they've been working on this for days.🤦🏻‍♂️ 😂

• Haha 1

Is it me but in one interview Wagner gets this club more than Smith ever did! I’m actually a little excited by Wagner….(not in a sexual way) 😂👍

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Providing we don't go down (!) I really hope we can build something with Wagner long-term, we don't want to get into the habit of changing managers every year or two. 

Comes across much more inspiring than Smith in the video interview.

• Like 1

I am not as excited by his appointment as I would have been for knutson but by that token I am also not disappointed or underwhelmed as I was when Smith took over.

A return to our original ethos and in my eyes a free season to assess the squad and work out what he needs.

Excited again 😁

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Don't get me going on this sonyc - obvious signs that they've been working on this for days.🤦🏻‍♂️ 😂

Indeed. I thought the same.

Night time pictures included☺️

All very slick as we now come to expect. An announcement coming once all the edits were done. I suppose it's like kick off times - everything needs to run by the media nowadays.

You may recall back to the mental health video (conflated rather with our launch of strip). It wasn't the message that I disagreed with (and I couldn't ever be bothered by a launch of a strip) but a certain cynicism used. That was the first time I became a little more aware of how the media team work. And a few (a minority) felt it was a little sharp practice for a serious subject but the means justified the ends it was felt by many.

But...it IS good stuff and let's be honest, we get a bigger glimpse behind the scenes than some photographer on one sunny day at Mousehold Heath😅

Good to hear the German accent again I have to say - I'm still getting over Daniel and his topics! 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Speaks very well, already installed more belief within me than Deano ever did!

Close your eyes and imagine it's Daniel.

That German accession on "Nor-which" ❤️❤️

Hoping for lots of "ja the lat-ds dis so vell.."

Edited by Nexus_Canary

I'm glad it's only a rolling contract too, gives us a possible out if things don't go great and even if it does I'm not sure Wagner would be inundated with offers from bigger clubs.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Who would be your choice? Or don't you ever commit only criticise?

I would never have sacked Farke and would offered him anything to come back 

it’s the right decision 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I would never have sacked Farke and would offered him anything to come back 

it’s the right decision 

🤥

Just now, nutty nigel said:

🤥

Unfortunately yet another example of the club lacking ambition.

we have a manager who has got us twice out of the premiership playing great football. Of course he wouldn’t be the obvious candidate to repeat it again

i will be proven right once again that this geezer will be no use, mark my words.

• Haha 1

More ambition, enthusiasm, humour, charm, style and charisma in that 14 minute interview than we had from smith in a year.

Cant help but feel players will also be more impressed and determined to work hard after hearing from him compared to Smith.

I’m definitely sold.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Have most fans felt a twitch in their Y-Fronts over this appointment? I’m sure YellowBirdie has and feels able to move on after Dean. 

I doubt it, LYB is in love with Smith……he’ll be hoping that Wagner fails to be able to say I told you so!😉