1 minute ago, Indy said:

I’m getting the impression he doesn’t like foreign managers! He appears to love Smith because he’s a mediocre British coach! Who knows but I’m done talking about poor history, good riddance to a very poor manager, looking forwards to a new era! Welcome Wagner good luck…….💚💛

Nope. i liked Farke and I enjoyed his time at Norwich. He was still a failure, fun as it was.

He's really not doing very well at BM either. Starting to look more and more that he flattered to deceive with style over substance.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Look, I didn't ask you to chip in with your stupid comments about his heart not being in it. Stop insisting on stupid, baseless comments being fact and I'll stop arguing with it.

You started this with your daft response to my post, give it a rest you troll.

25 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Quite the opposite; everyone else seemed to have a deep personal dislike to Smith, reinforced by the prejudicial nonsense like 'his heart wasn't in it'... I mean, seriously: What an asinine opinion to have of one of the best British coaches currently around. Anyone seriously thinks he was excited to have failure on his CV? Absurd.

Still moving on, pleasantly surprised at the overwhelming positivity about Wagner's appointment. Is this a first on this forum?

Christ I wish you would.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

Nope. i liked Farke and I enjoyed his time at Norwich. He was still a failure, fun as it was.

He was no Dean Smith that’s for sure. 

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Christ I wish you would.

You know what, the people who wanted him out banged on and on about it all the time this whole season and people still trash him and he doesn't deserve it. So I'm happy to argue for him if nobody else will because he's a decent bloke and deserves respect, so f**k you.

I may be wrong and am happy to be corrected, but in the Eadie interview he doesn't use the P word much, if at all. That's promotion or play-offs.

Very sensible and still manages to come over very positive. He's a lot more at ease and engaging than Smith was. That's a trait of Wagner, not a criticism of DS.

• Like 1

You know what, the people who wanted him out banged on and on about it all the time this whole season and people still trash him and he doesn't deserve it. So I'm happy to argue for him if nobody else will because he's a decent bloke and deserves respect, so f**k you.

Wagner said we have to leave what happened in the past in the past and move on.

Will you be a good fan and respect his request or do you want to continue the inter-fan civil war? If the latter the forum should do a mass-blocking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wagner said we have to leave what happened in the past in the past and move on.

Will you be a good fan and respect his request or do you want to continue the inter-fan civil war? If the latter the forum should do a mass-blocking.

I'm totally behind Wagner. I'm always behind whoever our manager is, unlike some.

Let's see how long it is before you start your next round of sniping threads undermining the club.

10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He's really not doing very well at BM either. Starting to look more and more that he flattered to deceive with style over substance.

His last result was literally a 4-2 win against Dortmund, f*cking hell, what are you on about.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I'm totally behind Wagner. I'm always behind whoever our manager is, unlike some.

Good, respect him then. He wants everybody to move on. 

You should let go of your grudges and bitterness and move on, or move aside and step down as a fan.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Right, where should they be and why?

So treading water is something fans of other clubs should be happy with in a manager, but nothing less than consistent progress is acceptable for you with a Norwich manager? Gotcha.

This thread was going really well, it was nice to see some posters with questionable views on the Wagner appointment chat with us, now one common poster chirps in and starts another battle, derails a positive good thread and starts using swearing at posters! 
Why, the troll is determined to ruin as many threads as he can, but then what do you expect of someone who seeks so much self attention. It’s boring!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

You have a source for that? I'm curious because Michael Bailey and other reputable journo's are saying that Wagner was always the top and likely choice of the shortlist. 

Top choice doesn’t mean they wouldn’t explore other options of due diligence. I was told by a very trustworthy source. Same one who told me about the Attanasio deal had been done a few weeks ahead of it being confirmed to the press. 

Just now, Indy said:

This thread was going really well, it was nice to see some posters with questionable views on the Wagner appointment chat with us, now one common poster chirps in and starts another battle, derails a positive good thread and starts using swearing at posters! 
Why, the troll is determined to ruin as many threads as he can, but then what do you expect of someone who seeks so much self attention. It’s boring!

Stop making stupid comments like his heart wasn't in it then, or even better admit it's a stupid comment, if you're bored with me arguing with it.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Absolute cunch of bunts! 😉

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just watched the new managers interview. Absolutely loved it and isn’t it great to hear ‘for sure’ repeated on a loop. This could be an appointment made in the nick of time to get the prize we are after. 

He had me at 'topic'

• Haha 2

Well, trying to bring back the positivity here and welcoming of the new...I wonder whether David Wagner is watching the U21s tonight? We've won 3-0 against Stoke.

Maybe one or two might see a chance of some first team appearances?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Are you his son or something? He’s been and gone just let it wash over your head man it’s not really required. 

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Are you his son or something? He’s been and gone just let it wash over your head man it’s not really required. 

The term for people who only empathise with people they're related to or in their immediate circle is sociopath.

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

When you’ve been around as long as some of us oldies next eras come along all too frequently but here’s hoping 🤞

Although at Norwich, the owners and managers change far less frequently in my time than most other clubs! 

Fingers crossed, as always!

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

Does this mean the team can come out to Ride of the Valkyries??

Great piece of music! If that doesn’t get the players and fans going nothing will! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure Smith was committed to Norwich as much as he could be, but it must’ve been tough for him being pretty abruptly sacked from his dream job for the club he supports after a short run of poor form, then coming into a club he has no affiliation with just 6 or so days later. Coming into a group of fans who had just parted ways with their most adored manager in recent history. Then after a decent start we had a massive injury crisis, COVID issues, and ultimately a disastrous run of form up to a pathetic relegation. And then whatever the **** you call this season, and never once during that time did he really get all the support on side (which I think is mostly his own fault not like other posters on here - or one other poster to be more specific).

When Villa came to Carrow Road Smith spoke of how he felt hurt by the sacking - I’m sure he did - how much of that carried over to his role at NCFC? We all spoke of a mental hangover in our players from two relegations - well what about Smith’s own career before joining us? 

I think from where he was at Aston Villa to dropping down to where we were and what we were going through, with no emotional connection with the club beyond a written contract, to then only fall further still - could you really blame him if his heart wasn’t quite as in it as it had been before? Surely it’s just a pretty natural thing in the context?

Wagner on the other hand has had mixed success since Huddersfield and has had a good break since his last job, he is now coming back to England with a point to prove (see Marco Silva at Fulham). He has the working relationship with Webber and plays a clear style of football which - if successful - could prove even more exciting than Farke’s NCFC. We are also in a dire spot and expectations have lowered significantly over the past year.

There are a lot of factors that make me feel positive about Wagner, which simply weren’t true when Smith joined, plenty of which weren’t really Smith’s fault but unfortunately he never managed to turn the tide. Looking forwards to seeing what a new direction brings, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make the play offs!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I have never once trashed or disrespected him. 

11 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I’m sure Smith was committed to Norwich as much as he could be, but it must’ve been tough for him being pretty abruptly sacked from his dream job for the club he supports after a short run of poor form, then coming into a club he has no affiliation with just 6 or so days later. Coming into a group of fans who had just parted ways with their most adored manager in recent history. Then after a decent start we had a massive injury crisis, COVID issues, and ultimately a disastrous run of form up to a pathetic relegation. And then whatever the **** you call this season, and never once during that time did he really get all the support on side (which I think is mostly his own fault not like other posters on here - or one other poster to be more specific).

When Villa came to Carrow Road Smith spoke of how he felt hurt by the sacking - I’m sure he did - how much of that carried over to his role at NCFC? We all spoke of a mental hangover in our players from two relegations - well what about Smith’s own career before joining us? 

I think from where he was at Aston Villa to dropping down to where we were and what we were going through, with no emotional connection with the club beyond a written contract, to then only fall further still - could you really blame him if his heart wasn’t quite as in it as it had been before? Surely it’s just a pretty natural thing in the context?

Wagner on the other hand has had mixed success since Huddersfield and has had a good break since his last job, he is now coming back to England with a point to prove (see Marco Silva at Fulham). He has the working relationship with Webber and plays a clear style of football which - if successful - could prove even more exciting than Farke’s NCFC. We are also in a dire spot and expectations have lowered significantly over the past year.

There are a lot of factors that make me feel positive about Wagner, which simply weren’t true when Smith joined, plenty of which weren’t really Smith’s fault but unfortunately he never managed to turn the tide. Looking forwards to seeing what a new direction brings, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make the play offs!

Bang on the money, I’ve said from day one of Smiths appointment it didn’t feel right, but accepted it, wanted to stay up so comes with Smith doing well. But the longer I watched us fail, become lost on the pitch the more I saw this club and manager part connection like a marriage that just wasn’t working, the longer this season has gone on the more Smith criticism of players, fans became noticeable. I have always said and continue to say Smith appears to be a decent bloke and outside his job here I wish him well, but his time here was utterly disappointing for us fans, the club and himself.

Now we move on to someone with more dynamic style, a point to prove and motivated to the challenge, maybe that’s the difference we need to see! I’m really looking forward to January transfers, this weekend and the rest of the season it just feels right at this time.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2