10 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I have never once trashed or disrespected him. 

In that case, if I'm arguing with something in someone else's statement, maybe stay out of it. Or ignore me. I really don't care.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

20 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The term for people who only empathise with people they're related to or in their immediate circle is sociopath.

So are you saying you’re a sociopath or just a nut job? I mean you literally argue with anyone and everyone about seemingly anything outside your own beliefs. 

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

So are you saying you’re a sociopath or just a nut job? I mean you literally argue with anyone and everyone about seemingly anything outside your own beliefs. 

Based on your question, I'm definitely now saying you must be a moron not to be able to work out the implication for yourself.

I literally made one statement that Smith was one of the best British managers around, which is true, and that got jumped on, but you glossed over that. Great double standards there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Great, I really think Wagner will get far more out of this squad than Smith ever did and I really hope we can get our fitness and enthusiasm back to fight for a top 6 finish.

I think it’s a good fit, know each other, the championship and working on budgets, so all positives. Good luck Wagner, Webber might have gone safe but it might just be a master stroke.

Just to remind you, this is where you bought trashing Smith into the thread, not me. I'm not in love with Smith, simply the determination of idiots like you to continue to trash the reputation of a decent bloke after you've got your way fills me with contempt for you.

You want to move on, then do it already and stop making stupid statements about it like 'his heart wasn't in it'.

This was a decent thread till we got the angry little man jumping onboard! Hopefully he’ll be gone soon!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

This was a decent thread till we got the angry little man jumping onboard! Hopefully he’ll be gone soon!

You know, thinking about it, seeing as I've never said anything against foreign managers, is it you who maybe has an issue with British managers? Bit of a superiority complex from a continental is it?

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Oh f**k off.

Your lack of self awareness is shining brightly on yet another thread.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Another great interjection from the king of snide interjections there.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is he still going on? I’m past feeding the troll! Best to ignore people like him he’ll be banned soon enough we can only hope!

Just now, The Bristol Nest said:

Anyway. I am excited by our potential new playing style and coach. That's the first time this season for me.

I daren't say anything in favour of Wagner at this point as that would immediately start a campaign to eject him on current form.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Another great interjection from the king of snide interjections there.

You just cannot begin to reason with anything you poist on whatever thread you infest with your warped view on things. This is not an interjection but a fact.

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

You just cannot begin to reason with anything you poist on whatever thread you infest with your warped view on things. This is not an interjection but a fact.

Reason?! This coming from the guy who expects players from Latin America to adjust to British leagues and climate practically overnight? Please be serious.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Is he still going on? I’m past feeding the troll! Best to ignore people like him he’ll be banned soon enough we can only hope!

The problem is there are no longer any moderators so he has a free reign on here.

Back on topic (sort of)

Has Wagner followed best mate Klopp to the laser eye surgeon? They both look weird without their glasses.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Reason?! This coming from the guy who expects players from Latin America to adjust to British leagues and climate practically overnight? Please be serious.

I wouldn't call four or five months overnight but anything goes in your world obviously.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

The problem is there are no longer any moderators so he has a free reign on here.

The only way is to block him…..lots have, I have no idea why he feels the need for constant attention, by derailing and fighting on every thread! Real lack of something in his real life me thinks!

Still we move on, looking forwards to a visit on Sunday to watch the first game of the new exciting era. Could be the first stage of a complete overhaul, leading to that takeover at the top level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

There's a huge majority of a certain opinion here regarding Smith who want to be able to continue to slag him off without pushback. That's the only reason I'm being accused of being a troll.

Bottom line is it's your nasty, mean-spirited attitude to the guy driving this argument.

10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Based on your question, I'm definitely now saying you must be a moron not to be able to work out the implication for yourself.

I literally made one statement that Smith was one of the best British managers around, which is true, and that got jumped on, but you glossed over that. Great double standards there.

Consensus would say you are the Moron here. You’ve stated an opinion that you think Dean Smith is one of the best British managers around with absolutely no evidence to back that up. He’s a middle of the pack manager at best, with an average at win percentage over his career. He quite possibly has the lowest win percentages of any Norwich manager in history. He took a Brentford side built by Mark Wharburton that finished 5th in the championship the season before to the dizzy heights of 9th and 10th place finishes. Before scraping a 6th placed finish in the championship with what could well of been the most expensive championship squad assembled and featured 3 players who would go on to play for England. The after spending £150 million on players after going up, kept them up on the last day of the season much more by luck than judgement. He has a blistering career win percentage of 35%, his win percentage at norwich is lower than Glenn Roeder, Lower than Chris Hughton and slightly higher than Bryan Gunn. All in all there is absolutely no evidence based analysis to suggest he is remotely near one of the better British managers. 

I can name 10-15 British coaches I’d rate at a higher level than him for various reasons all of which I would be more than happy to back up those names with facts as to why be that trophy count, win percentage or playing style. 

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Consensus would say you are the Moron here. You’ve stated an opinion that you think Dean Smith is one of the best British managers around with absolutely no evidence to back that up. He’s a middle of the pack manager at best, with an average at win percentage over his career. He quite possibly has the lowest win percentages of any Norwich manager in history. He took a Brentford side built by Mark Wharburton that finished 5th in the championship the season before to the dizzy heights of 9th and 10th place finishes. Before scraping a 6th placed finish in the championship with what could well of been the most expensive championship squad assembled and featured 3 players who would go on to play for England. The after spending £150 million on players after going up, kept them up on the last day of the season much more by luck than judgement. He has a blistering career win percentage of 35%, his win percentage at norwich is lower than Glenn Roeder, Lower than Chris Hughton and slightly higher than Bryan Gunn. All in all there is absolutely no evidence based analysis to suggest he is remotely near one of the better British managers. 

I can name 10-15 British coaches I’d rate at a higher level than him for various reasons all of which I would be more than happy to back up those names with facts as to why be that trophy count, win percentage or playing style. 

Its easy to disprove if you want to debate it? Give examples of British managers currently working or looking for jobs with better CVs, citing their achievements exceeding Smiths going beyond Championship promotion, and Premier League survival for at least one season. If you can name 10 with the accomplishments, I'll concede I'm wrong.

I think its becoming more and more obvious LYB is actually Dean Smith 🤣, seriously Deano just leave with at least some pride.

Wagner already engaging with the fan base more in 1 day than you did in 13 months 😏

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Its easy to disprove if you want to debate it? Give examples of British managers currently working or looking for jobs with better CVs, citing their achievements exceeding Smiths going beyond Championship promotion, and Premier League survival for at least one season. If you can name 10 with the accomplishments, I'll concede I'm wrong.

Off top my head the obvious current British Managers better than Smith would be:

- Potter

- Southgate

- Howe

- Moyes

- Rodgers

- Wilder

- Dyche

I'm sure there's more, but I've not followed the entire argument through from you guys.

Shall we let it all go now? Welcome David.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Off top my head the obvious current British Managers better than Smith would be:

- Potter

- Southgate

- Howe

- Moyes

- Rodgers

- Wilder

- Dyche

I'm sure there's more, but I've not followed the entire argument through from you guys.

Martin and Robins?

Edited by The Bristol Nest
Punctuation

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Shall we let it all go now? Welcome David.

Martin and Robins?

Yeah, I don't think Martin or Robins have done enough yet to prove they are better managers than Smith.

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think its becoming more and more obvious LYB is actually Dean Smith 🤣, seriously Deano just leave with at least some pride.

Wagner already engaging with the fan base more in 1 day than you did in 13 months 😏

I'm sure Dean Smith has moved on, and I'm fine with him having moved on. What I don't like is the sheer nastiness in the comments about the guy. Same goes with Webber to an extent. There's a really ugly entitlement to be abusive to the people who are obviously trying to do their best for the club. And what I find really amazing is the way everybody circles the wagons defending their right to behave like that, while in the same breath being aggrieved that they find me abusive. It's laughable really.

13 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Steve Bruce has a better win percentage, and over 1000 games, than Dean Smith. Would you really want a coach whose last appointment was an abject failure?

While Smith wasn't an abject failure at Villa, his last job before joining us, he was sacked by his board for failing.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Steve Bruce has a better win percentage, and over 1000 games, than Dean Smith. Would you really want a coach whose last appointment was an abject failure?

While Smith wasn't an abject failure at Villa, his last job before joining us, he was sacked by his board for failing.

I don't see why not. Personally, I'm happy with Wagner being appointed at Norwich

Edit: Oh cr4p, I mean Wagner's a terrible appointment, we're going to League One, we're doomed.