Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Pele. Legend. RIP

Another one of the greats gone, and arguably this time its the greatest. Think most will agree there will never be another player like him, was in a whole leauge of his own and always will be. RIP indeed.

Hope The club has a minutes silence before kickoff tommorow and all that. 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

RIP 🙏  Pelle . You were simply the best.

🇧🇷  and the rest of the world 🌎 will never forget such a great footballer and person. Thank you for the memories .

• Like 1

For me, the GOAT. Forget the recent love in with Messi, this man scored two in a WC Final at 17. Can you imagine. The greatest player in the world at 17!

He called football the beautiful game and he was the reason it was.

And he was a great ambassador for the game and his country.

Long may his memory last.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

No words.

How about these from the great Kenneth Wolstenholme commentating on THAT goal in THAT World Cup Final..................................

'Oh that was sheer, delightful football' and of course...............'they seem to take it in turns to put on an exhibition'!!

• Like 1

Always been No1 for me, only Best had the same all round natural skills. No protection in those days, brutal.

RIP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Always been No1 for me, only Best had the same all round natural skills. No protection in those days, brutal.

RIP

Thanks for this. Brilliant video for a brilliant footballer. My hero ❤️

• Like 1

Like Elvis, Ali and the Queen, Pele was so iconic. The best ever for many a generation. Messi will possibly classed by younger fans as the greatest, but Pele was more than a player. Along with Ali, lived in times of racial divide but the pair of them were gods to a lot of white British males like myself. They helped change the world. RIP KING

1 minute ago, Unthink road said:

Like Elvis, Ali and the Queen, Pele was so iconic. The best ever for many a generation. Messi will possibly classed by younger fans as the greatest, but Pele was more than a player. Along with Ali, lived in times of racial divide but the pair of them were gods to a lot of white British males like myself. They helped change the world. RIP KING

So So true 👍 RIP King Pelle 🤴 🇧🇷.  The world loved and appreciated your undoubted influence in the big bad 🌎 

When I first started watching football as a little boy, those amazing clips of Pele across the World Cups of 58, 62 and ofcourse 1970 were the reasons I then fell in love with the beautiful game. 40 years on, still nothing beats them. RIP Legend

• Like 1

Not only a brilliantly skill full player but hard as nails,… although they managed to kick him out of the 66 World Cup Finals.

There was a lovely memorial cartoon drawn when Ernie Wise died. Showed him, back somewhat to the viewer, walking towards the Pearly Gates and Eric Morecambe was there saying "Hello, sunshine!".

Someone should draw something similar, with Bobby Moore or Gordon Banks coming to meet him. His name will always be fondly mentioned whenever the conversation turns to ATG footballers. Always.

16 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

There was a lovely memorial cartoon drawn when Ernie Wise died. Showed him, back somewhat to the viewer, walking towards the Pearly Gates and Eric Morecambe was there saying "Hello, sunshine!".

Someone should draw something similar, with Bobby Moore or Gordon Banks coming to meet him. His name will always be fondly mentioned whenever the conversation turns to ATG footballers. Always.

Possibly someone will sketch this 

FB_IMG_1672350531924.jpg

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hope The club has a minutes silence before kickoff tommorow and all that. 

So do I.  Unfortunately what follows probably won't be like watching Brazil . . .

Last night the Wembley Arch was lit up in yellow and green, for the first and probably the last time.

Edited by benchwarmer

20 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Georgie Best, Cruyff, Messi all up there but Pele...the greatest. RIP.

Yes, his ability to beat four or five defenders - and the way they tried to kick him off the park - brings George Best to mind.  But Pele was Best, Cruyff, Maradona and Messi all rolled into one.  Glorious.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

He was my absolute football hero. The 1970 World Cup was the pinnacle of the game and nothing has come close ever since. The England team that year was our best ever; West Germany and Italy also had teams which were full of world class players. But Brazil were simply awesome, and Pele was their greatest.

To even mention the cheating Maradona in the same breath is sacrilege. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

He was my absolute football hero. The 1970 World Cup was the pinnacle of the game and nothing has come close ever since. The England team that year was our best ever; West Germany and Italy also had teams which were full of world class players. But Brazil were simply awesome, and Pele was their greatest.

To even mention the cheating Maradona in the same 

2 hours ago, Mengo said:

Third goal was a bit route-one 😉

But the Carlos Alberto goal is still a thing of absolute beauty more than fifty years later. Think I'm right in saying Pelé is involved in every goal. RIP

• Like 1