Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

He's Gone!

Dyche early favourite. Not sure how I feel about him. As long as it's better than Smithball

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, to call Smith a "symptom" only goes against the months of claims DS was holding us back!

To be fair, some of us have said the problem is at the very top for a very long time

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Dyche early favourite. Not sure how I feel about him. As long as it's better than Smithball

Long as he gets his bowl of worms he'll be alright. We can't afford him though, and I'm pretty sure we are right at the bottom of the list when it comes to clubs he would want to join

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Is Dyche as mono dimensional as people say?  It seems weird that he has found another role, at the same time that list is very meh.  Pellegrino Matarazzo is an interesting one.  30% win rate in the Germany - not too shabby.

Didn't Dyche make it quite clear recently he felt he had earned the right to manage at a Prem club? It would be hard to argue against that as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orly said:

Just saw.  About time.

About time is an understatement. When did we first call it? If he’d have been replaced at least before the World Cup break we might be in a better position 

Dyche is actually a pretty efficient cultural architect. IMO there's an outside chance that we can show there's a real project here he might go for it (albeit I still think this is immensely unlikely)

Dyche doesn't fit the squad at all, it would be more of the same but with perhaps better results.

• Like 1

Season ticket first renewal deadline in just over 8 weeks....Think they better pull a decent managerial rabbit outta the hat.... 

14 minutes ago, AJ said:

Well it will be 4-4-2. Problem is we don't have any wide players to put in the crosses.

It will suit Gibbo's laser like hoofs out of defence though.

I can't decide if Dyche is a wind up or not. 

I don't know where we go from here. We want to watch football as played by Argentina and France in the World Cup Final, but to survive in the Premiership we need big, strong and athletic players through the spine of our club, more like Croatia.  

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Didn't Dyche make it quite clear recently he felt he had earned the right to manage at a Prem club? It would be hard to argue against that as well.

True, I guess it is now the time when that opportunity might pop up.  I do not like him, but part of me wonders if he coached the way he did at Burnley because it fitted with Burnley.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well it will be 4-4-2. Problem is we don't have any wide players to put in the crosses.

It will suit Gibbo's laser like hoofs out of defence though.

I can't decide if Dyche is a wind up or not. 

Pretty sure Dyche doesn't like Gibson and regrets blowing a summer's transfer budget on him. I suspect if it is Dyche, and I hope it isn't, Gibson will be worried. 

11 minutes ago, repman said:

Dyche doesn't fit the squad at all, it would be more of the same but with perhaps better results.

As a fan do you just want entertaining football or results. Surely we'd be happy to see Norwich grind out 1-0 wins every week, if that meant we were better prepared for EPL?

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Long as he gets his bowl of worms he'll be alright. We can't afford him though, and I'm pretty sure we are right at the bottom of the list when it comes to clubs he would want to join

You said Smith wasn't going anywhere and we couldn't afford to sack him. 

If our prospective new owner wants to have a club left to buy he can finance the next manager.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Pretty sure Dyche doesn't like Gibson and regrets blowing a summer's transfer budget on him. I suspect if it is Dyche, and I hope it isn't, Gibson will be worried. 

I think Gibson is worried anyway, he is one of our better paid players and he is currently third choice.

Just now, Newtopia said:

I think Gibson is worried anyway, he is one of our better paid players and he is currently third choice.

He wasn't under Smith. No idea why he bought him back in after Tomkinson had such a good full debut.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

Has anything been confirmed by the club yet? I haven't seen anything from them. 

Well, it's kind of difficult to make announcements in the media when you've got a sulk on and you're not speaking to them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

As a fan do you just want entertaining football or results. Surely we'd be happy to see Norwich grind out 1-0 wins every week, if that meant we were better prepared for EPL?

I think the majority of fans want to see better football than what has been served up over the last year. 

For what it's worth I don't think Smith was necessarily the wrong appointment for the PL but it seems clear to me that his style of football is not conducive to getting results at this level, and I don't see how Dyche would be a clear improvement in this regard.

25 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I would hope that this time, Webber has learnt from the last time and been working over the World Cup break to tie up a replacement pretty quickly. We can’t really afford to lose a month of games whilst we chase after the likes of Lampard only to then end up with Steve Bruce!

You would hope he has an ongoing shortlist. Given the number of out of work managers it shouldn't be that difficult to come up with some options.

I don't think this will be a prospective long term appointment though. It will be a short term fix until Attanasio takes over. I wouldn't rule out Brucie as he's rich enough to take a short term gig.

I think the phrase be careful what you wish for comes to mind.

Let's Hope we get some sort of bounce or reaction from the players anyway else we are all going to look stupid.

Good luck to Smith elsewhere. For whatever reason it just didn't work here.

• Like 1

Meanwhile in Wales....

Rus Martin has been told by his Mrs to put his phone ot do not disturb as they want to watch Jurassic park as a family....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He wasn't under Smith. No idea why he bought him back in after Tomkinson had such a good full debut.

Because he was scared of big decisions like that. Don’t want to say the F word, but this is what the previous manager was so so good at. He wasn’t scared of blooding the youngster and if their performance warranted it, they kept their place in the team.

I really hope the next boss has the same attitude towards the young players as he did. 

Both Tomkinson and big Andy are streets ahead of Ben Gibson ability wise. Whilst he kept insisting on that style of management he was just banging the nails into his own coffin.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Official now 

Norwich City have today parted company with head coach Dean Smith.

As the club continues to work towards its on-field objectives this season, the board believe that it is the right time to make this transition. 

Assistant head coach Craig Shakespeare and first team coach Liam Bramley have also left the club.

The club’s remaining coaching staff, led by Steve Weaver and Allan Russell, will take charge of first team training and our upcoming fixtures on an interim basis.

The club will now work to identify and appoint a new head coach that is able to deliver both the level of performances required to challenge at the top end of the league whilst implementing a consistent style of play.

Sporting director Stuart Webber said: “This was a tough decision, but one that we felt was necessary to give ourselves the best possible chance of achieving our objective of promotion to the Premier League this season.

“We would like to place on record our thanks to Dean, Craig and Liam, who have always put the best interests of the football club first.

“With just under half of the season remaining and three consecutive home games on the horizon we now have a real opportunity to build some forward and positive momentum, both on and off the pitch.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

It’s a relief to have that done, it was obviously necessary before the World Cup break.

Now it’s all about the replacement, let’s hope that time has been used to line someone up.

Completely agree. **** poor organisation 

• Like 1