Midlands Yellow

Harry and Megan

I'm just not interested although I tend to believe much of what they say. Tabloid pap the lot of them. Yesterdays chip paper.

Simply the 'Royal' family as currently configured has run it's course and can't survive in this social media age without being trivialized.

Everybody sucks.

I don't like the Royals, I don't like either of these two, it is just entitled rich people airing their grievances in public. A pox on all their houses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ditched their royal duties on the grounds of a desire for privacy to go to the US to take 100 million dollars to do a Netflix documentary making allegations about private stuff in the royal family generating publicity from their royal association. People seem to be lapping it up, so hats off to them, I guess.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

I'm not a royalist in any way. But I do enjoy The Crown.

Mainly because it portrays the Royal family as an amoral bunch of back stabbers.

Dysfunctional barely covers it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They were more popular than baldy and the stick.

They became less popular than baldy and the stick thanks to the press and numerous agents in the royal household.

I have sympathy for them but am sick of it constantly being lead on the news aganda. Enough already.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

As LYB said, the hypocrisy of making the series is lost on those who will watch it and sympathise with them.

Yep, they'll no doubt be complaining about the forthcoming media intrusion in the next series.

I googled pegging once. I wouldn't recommend it. 😲

In regards to William I must add. 😀

Edited by Herman
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Ditched their royal duties on the grounds of a desire for privacy to go to the US to take 100 million dollars to do a Netflix documentary making allegations about private stuff in the royal family generating publicity from their royal association. People seem to be lapping it up, so hats off to them, I guess.

Absolutely spot on LYB…..I’m no royal but William and Kate certainly represent our country with dignity and pride, Harry and Megan were the odd balls, they’ve used the Netflix to try and justify themselves while making an utterly obscene amount of money!

Lets be honest there’s question over Harry being of true royal decent, neither of them have ever fitted into the royal way and there’s a huge amount of jealousy of William and Kate.

It’s all a pile of **** made for the Americans.

• Thanks 1

The Netflix deal is worth between $100 million and $150 million, and they will be delivering a scripted series, documentaries and children's programming over several years.

I think this says it all really, they have committed to a long term deal and the first step of that for Netflix is to grow their profile with an expose story. The more its spoken about the better as it will just grow the H&M brand, which will result in the higher end of that ludicrously big figure.

I'm sure they have been wronged, or were not treated with the due respect. But I think how you chose to deal with issues shows your true character. 

One thing I hope we can all agree on is that the Media love to feast on the Royals, they sell papers and get clicks, the desire to get a story does ruin peoples lives. 

• Like 1

I may be totally wrong but I have a hunch that their marriage isn't as idyllic as it seems.  Perhaps their united attack on the Family is what's keeping them together. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

I may be totally wrong but I have a hunch that their marriage isn't as idyllic as it seems.  Perhaps their united attack on the Family is what's keeping them together. 

I often wonder this. It would be sad if the whole royal circus wasn't so tragic.

• Like 1

Don't believe a word of their Netflix documentary. The royal family isn't squeaky clean by any means, and is in need of slimming down and modernisation, but some of the crap thrown their way just doesn't ring true.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Don't believe a word of their Netflix documentary. The royal family isn't squeaky clean by any means, and is in need of slimming down and modernisation, but some of the crap thrown their way just doesn't ring true.

The trouble is, there's no real way of knowing. It's all a bit Jerry Springer really.

I'm just pleased that the Royal Family has thus far avoided responding in kind, and I think they need to stick to that. The problem with people seeking publicity from outrage is that it's very difficult to respond to without actually feeding the frenzy that's being sought in the first place!

I'm hopeful that people who don't approve of what they're doing just learn to let it slide, because I think a lot of their support is driven by seeing them as a tool to beat the Royal Family over the head with rather than sincere support for Harry and Meghan. If people stop reacting to it then maybe Netflix and co will stop giving them obscene amounts of money for doing it.

Which family will Meg and ginger be staying with this Xmas, his or hers?

…oho she’s  she’s fell out with both, …never mind making loads of $ off the back of a very good catch.

All this just adds to my belief in a Republic. We can get rid of Presidents but apart from car crashes in underpasses, you can't remove a Royal in this day and age.

Too many people making a lot of bunce from the royal family for the institution to be got rid of.

3 hours ago, Sheva said:

Which family will Meg and ginger be staying with this Xmas, his or hers?

…oho she’s  she’s fell out with both, …never mind making loads of $ off the back of a very good catch.

Really? Has she ever even met James Hewett? 🤣

• Haha 2

Clarkson writes in the S** that he would like to throw sh!t at Meghan.

Clarkson invited to a party thrown by Camilla.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11548915/Queen-Consort-Camilla-chats-guests-star-studded-Christmas-central-London.html

The royal joined a host of stars at the glitzy restaurant - owned by Angela Hartnett - including Dame Judi Dench, Jeremy Clarkson, and Tess Daly among others.

Just join the dots, you can see what is really going on.

On 17/12/2022 at 13:48, A Load of Squit said:

Clarkson writes in the S** that he would like to throw sh!t at Meghan.

Clarkson invited to a party thrown by Camilla.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11548915/Queen-Consort-Camilla-chats-guests-star-studded-Christmas-central-London.html

The royal joined a host of stars at the glitzy restaurant - owned by Angela Hartnett - including Dame Judi Dench, Jeremy Clarkson, and Tess Daly among others.

Just join the dots, you can see what is really going on.

I'd like to throw something at Jeremy Clarkson. It rhymes with "path doom pink".

16 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd like to throw something at Jeremy Clarkson. It rhymes with "path doom pink".

He, quite rightly, is moaning about the salaries of some of the BBC "stars?". Shearer, £450K for droning on. Naga £369K for reading an autocue. And of course he is no better because he has the disdain of a Rees Mogg and the temperament of a Pit Bull. And was involved in a bun fight for public schoolboys even though the programme was popular.

But I am being driven to despair as a Republican, by the constant need of Hairy and Smegan to be in the public eye. They are basically scroungers. Telling a story of family feuds and then wanting to be paid for airing it in public. First head on the block is her.

Now they want to make a second Netflix series. Based on the people who inspired them such as Nelson Mandela.

You mean the bloke who endured too many punishing years in a lonely cell instead of complaining to the world about some backstabbing by some flunkies, yes, flunkies.

Edited by keelansgrandad

First you pick your team. 

Second, select the facts that support your team

Third,  ignore the facts that do not support your team.

No need to give the above any thought, it's all done by the subconscious. It's so much easier than starting with facts and coming to a decision based on them

Edited by Barbe bleu