Midlands Yellow

Harry and Megan

36 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

First you pick your team. 

Second, you select the facts that support your team

Third,  ignore the facts that do not support your team.

No need to give the above any thought, it's all done by the subconscious. It's so much easier than starting with facts and coming to a decision based on them

There is some truth in that

However, it is important to establish which facts are factual, and which are not 

Regarding Henry and Meghan, I guess we all don't have access to private royal family information, and I personally don't believe most of the sh!t in the tabloids.

It's a sad situation 😔

On 19/12/2022 at 19:06, Barbe bleu said:

First you pick your team. 

Second, select the facts that support your team

Third,  ignore the facts that do not support your team.

No need to give the above any thought, it's all done by the subconscious. It's so much easier than starting with facts and coming to a decision based on them

Start with the facts and work your way from there.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

12 hours ago, Herman said:

Thanks for that.   The thing that really struck me reading it is how inane all the stories are.    Are we so short of things to read that there must be some nonsense written about whether or not a person should wear a green hat when asked to do so by the queen? Is it worth getting upset about? 

Do people really click on this crap? I guess they do!

I'm was inclined to believe that the truth is somewhere in between but I'm not sure I really care now!

40 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Thanks for that.   The thing that really struck me reading it is how inane all the stories are.    Are we so short of things to read that there must be some nonsense written about whether or not a person should wear a green hat when asked to do so by the queen? Is it worth getting upset about? 

Do people really click on this crap? I guess they do!

I'm was inclined to believe that the truth is somewhere in between but I'm not sure I really care now!

I remember my old man going on about her and trying to get me angry about her.(Like you, I really didn't give two hoots about the silly soap opera). I couldn't figure out why an 86 year old man, with zero affection or feelings for the Royals, getting irate about this girl for. Then I read that article and others. It showed me the power the press still had in poisoning decent people.

So, Harry describes in his book how his brother pushed him over.  Two big lads having an argument.

In another life he served in the armed forces and, so far as we know, it suited him.  How on earth did he get from there to here?

The old saying "When embarking on revenge, first dig two graves" was never more apt.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

Just think all of the Harry, Megan, Royal family twaddle belongs in the 'Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation" thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why do these people think they are so important? And why do millions think they are?

You've answered one of your questions yourself.

As for the second, I haven't the faintest of a clue. I consider myself a reasonably empathetic guy, but I can never understand why people with more than half a brain would stand for hours and hours simply to bow their head at the coffin of someone they never met. Absolutely insane.

• Like 1

Is this getting talked about much in the real world or is it all online/media lead nonsense. I think I've had only a couple of short conversations about it and that's normally along the "oh ffs" lines.

• Like 1

I think media led. Certainly no one I know is remotely interested. Altho perhaps that's only as I surround myself with people who like football, Lego, drumming and beer!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Is this getting talked about much in the real world or is it all online/media lead nonsense. I think I've had only a couple of short conversations about it and that's normally along the "oh ffs" lines.

Always has sold copies of The Express, Mail and Sun & Mirror. And it seems Netflix now. H & M seem to need the very tabloids that they allegedly despised before. Sells their brand (which appears to be an infantile story when you dig down into the stories.....yawn).

An irrelevance par excellence.

• Like 1

All this fiasco illustrates to me are the intrinsic problems with any hereditary monarchy that crosses into celebrity in the modern age.

There is no guarantee that any of them aren't thick or even sensible people.

Time to obsolete this whole charade. Its well past its sell by date.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Harry Boy will tell any tale as long as it’s for millions. 

Exactly, it’s all about money, I couldn’t give a damn about old ginger and his American bride, he chose to quit the Royals and the UK, great now **** off! You’re not of real Royal blood anyway!

I’m no Royalist but this smacks of jealousy, nothing less.

20 minutes ago, Indy said:

Exactly, it’s all about money, I couldn’t give a damn about old ginger and his American bride, he chose to quit the Royals and the UK, great now **** off! You’re not of real Royal blood anyway!

I’m no Royalist but this smacks of jealousy, nothing less.

He’s turning into a nasty piece of work. The wife is doing the best acting ever of her career and fair play to the Windsor household for no comment. 

I can't get away from the feckers. Radio was set to LBC, Ferrari blathering on. Flicked to Radio 3, all over the news. Flick over to Radio4, main item after 8.😫

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

I can't get away from the feckers. Radio was set to LBC, Ferrari blathering on. Flicked to Radio 3, all over the news. Flick over to Radio4, main item after 8.😫

Yep, it really is quite bizarre - seems that it is not just our useless Government which is totally out of touch and still living in the last century, most of our news media are right there with them 🙄

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yep, it really is quite bizarre - seems that it is not just our useless Government which is totally out of touch and still living in the last century, most of our news media are right there with them 🙄

Et tu James O'Brien.😬

For someone who is glorying in killing at least 25 human beings, quite naturally before they killed him, and was so taken with the armed forces, why does he whine like a wimp that his big brother shoved him over?

• Like 1

I've said this before.

There is ALWAYS a problem with the 'spare' - they are generally feckless and come off the rails. Just human nature being feted but no real responsibility / purpose and too much money.

Harry, Andrew, Margaret .... I could go on. With today's irreverent global social media they can no longer survive.

All scandal / party prone.

• Like 1

A silly and foolish young man. You can't  claim to want privacy and keep stirring the pot like this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

This thread, to some extent, tells me that we get the media we deserve.

Yes, it's interesting that people continuously get basic elements of the story wrong.

23 minutes ago, ricardo said:

A silly and foolish young man. You can't  claim to want privacy and keep stirring the pot like this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63922657

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have said they never cited privacy as a reason for stepping back from royal life.

13 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Yes, it's interesting that people continuously get basic elements of the story wrong.

I was thinking more that if people didn't actually read the shoite, it wouldn't be produced.

• Thanks 1

The media coverage about the lack of response by the Palace to Harry's allegations is taking a slightly sinister turn, implying that it makes them seem inhuman and bringing back memories of the aftermath of the death of Diana when the Queen stayed at Balmoral.

Of course the media wants the Palace to respond, it always does.  It's the oxygen they crave.  But this time they aren't in touch with the public mood.

Edited by benchwarmer

From what I've heard from bits of Harry's book, it feels like stuff that would have been better off staying in therapy sessions. I actually feel sorry for him, because I think a day's going to come when he's going to regret all of this.

Harry says he "didn't feel safe...needed security..." He's going to need a lot more now inciting every terrorist in the world with the words " I killed 25 Taliban...like chess pieces.." The Spare is clearly mentally ill. He needs to go see a psychiatrist and then stay away from his wife.

Fatwa?

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2