cambridgeshire canary

**Norwich V Burnley- Tomkinsons debut edition**

Just now, NWC said:

Todd is playing so bad he will probably score tonight 😳😂

What game are you watching?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Pragmatic. This is more like Shaun Dyche's Norwich 😂

Heh, I was wondering when Sean Dyche would make a name-check in here!

Sara and Hayden are totally lost defensively. Constantly out of position, leaving easy gaps in middle. Seems like they have total disagreement how they should mark the men. Easy to see why Sara has not played more.

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

This is so poor, literally no clue what any of them are doing

Because our manager doesn't give them a game plan, he's just admitted it.

He just gives them some information on the opposition and the players design the game plan.

He's literally being paid to do nothing.

• Like 2

Smith saying that “We give the players all the information they need & a good look at this opposition for each match, then the players come up with a game plan that’s agreed with the coaches “ aka Passing the buck

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Because our manager doesn't give them a game plan, he's just admitted it.

He just gives them some information on the opposition and the players design the game plan.

He's literally being paid to do nothing.

I’ve defended him up until the last few weeks, but he hasn’t set us out to do anything except lump it to Sargent 

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

I’ve defended him up until the last few weeks, but he hasn’t set us out to do anything except lump it to Sargent 

Where has the passing game gone.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cantwell has been our best player so far, again. 

But I don't know whether we should be pleased that he's improving, or whether he's not improving but every other player has regressed and is making him look better.

Depressingly, I think that sums things up perfectly.

1 minute ago, Top corner said:

Smith saying that “We give the players all the information they need & a good look at this opposition for each match, then the players come up with a game plan that’s agreed with the coaches “ aka Passing the buck

.... "and I sit down and have a nice brew" 

#teaout

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He literally said this mate, not sure if you've seen:

“We give the players all the information they need & a good look at this opposition for each match, then the players come up with a game plan"

That's what Dean Smith said, from the horses mouth. He doesn't give them a game plan. 

Hayden and Sara are still not clicking together yet. Probably not helping that we're down to the fourth-choice centre-half. Smith needs to pick one of Pukki or Sargent nowadays and put a bit more ballast in the middle of the park.

Think the McLean critics might be seeing that his energy is useful at this level. (Shame Rupp didn't want to stay, really).

The board should be watching this and realising very rapidly what a poor job Webber and Smith are doing, even though it’s still 0-0.

Dismal so far. 

2 minutes ago, Top corner said:

It’s been obvious since he arrived that he doesn’t much care and is just going through the motions. The pink un article making a comparison with two people getting it together on the rebound was spot on. We need someone with some vision and hunger - he has neither. 

Yeah I'm moving over pretty swiftly to the 'time for a change' camp.

This is gash and I don't understand what we're aiming for here. We know Burnley will want to dominate play, press high and defend high and we seem to have a plan that involves trying to play in behind quickly when we get the ball but our only player with real pace (Onel) is on the bench. It isn't the first time the team selection doesn't seem to match the plan either- see Dowell starting against Watford.

I'm also starting to wonder if Nunez is actually just a bit rubbish- after a bright start his complete lack of any physical ability seems to be undermining him. Every game seems to pass him by right now.

If that is what Smith has said, it is pretty much grounds to get rid of him instantly. Incredible that he has no plan and the players just make it up. No wonder they look lost.