Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

McLean Appeal Lost

Immediate thoughts? If we can’t survive without Kenny then it’s time to concede promotion ain’t happening. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

My immediate thought is that Sara needs to step us in these 3 games and nail his place.   Great moment for Gibbs too.

Celebrate good times come on! Sorry back after having a few shorts with friends! Now heading to the shed for a few beers and karaoke!

57 minutes ago, Indy said:

Celebrate good times come on! Sorry back after having a few shorts with friends! Now heading to the shed for a few beers and karaoke!

With Kenny? 

Thoughts?

Kenny needs to learn to go down like he has been shot by a sniper.

Still think a red was harsh.

No games added on as a bunch of people said would be, despite this not being an option.

Left back is going to be a bit of a problem as Giannoulis isn't ready and according to Smith "Byram is back on the grass" so I don't think we can expect his reaction times to be good and he'll be up on the concourse with the munchies eating all the pies.

After the WC for the others apparently,  supposedly that's December. I'm not going to ask what is taking them so long in the WC but you have to have a bit of sympathy for the others.

Options... do we have any players left with an actual left foot? Gibson to left back, Tomkinson on to CB? Three at the back? Wing backs?

Aarons to LB, Gibbs to RB? Springett to LB? Sara to RB?

Bring back Caaarrrol Rorbinsarn Neyul! 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

My thoughts are that I made an entire thread about this and here you are making a separate one about the same thing. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SLACK I WOULD GET IF I DID THE SAME?!?!? 😉

I apologise profusely and will not make the same mistake again. 

• Haha 1

Only a red because of the pretty ridiculous reaction of their player  - but all pros would do the same because they are pretty much all cheats, so the ref kind-of had to do it.  What is particularly annoying is how/why the hauling back/pulling on Kenny didn’t seem to matter.

With Kenny out, gio not up to full fitness yet, Gibson is left footed (😳😭). I would like to see a wing back 352 set up......let's not be scared to go after teams

Thank god for that.

Shame they havent added a game to the ban for a flagrant appeal or whatever the terminology they used to use is.

Either way, good news that the ban stands. Wouldn't surprise me if we play with 10 for the next 3 games though as Smith doesn't seem able to put a team out without Captain Pointsalot, regardless of how **** and ineffective he is.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Giannoulis will start with Byram on the bench if fit enough.

Another option is Nunez can play right back with Max on the left - wouldn't recommend that though!

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Giannoulis will start with Byram on the bench if fit enough.

Another option is Nunez can play right back with Max on the left - wouldn't recommend that though!

This is the problem - we face starting a 6th different player at left back, and we’re not even 1/3 of the way through the season.  No one ever lets that be a mitigating factor in team selection though. 

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

This is the problem - we face starting a 6th different player at left back, and we’re not even 1/3 of the way through the season.  No one ever lets that be a mitigating factor in team selection though. 

Probably because we went on a 9 game unbeaten run with a makeshift LBs. 

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Things happen for a reason....let's see what the outcome of Kenny's absence is today....

As I said this is an opportunity for someone else to step up, particularly midfield.

Who's going to demand the ball and drive the team forward? 

We'll also have opportunities on the counter attack. 

Dimi at left back, Hayden and Gibbs in the middle. 

Tell, you what, nobody start, and we bring them all on one by one as we aren't sure of their fitness.

Hayden has got to start. He must be fit by now. He has had four more days to strengthen. Otherwise we should start playing football on cotton wool.

Gunn

Aarons Hanley Oh No! Dimi

Todd Hayden Sara Onel

Teemu Sarge

Go for it. Whatever we are doing at the moment doesn't work so there is nothing to lose.

I don't get this intense dislike of McLean. I know he's not the most gifted of players, and his lack of positional discipline drives me crazy at times because he's not good enough for that kind of free-ranging role, but he's been a big part of two Championship-winning teams and he never goes hiding when the going gets tough. 

I agree, though, that it doesn't bode well if he's still an ever-present throughout this season. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Smith will probably stick sarg at left back 

I am more worried what we will do with all the pre-printed team sheets with McLeans name on them ?😁

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I don't get this intense dislike of McLean. I know he's not the most gifted of players, and his lack of positional discipline drives me crazy at times because he's not good enough for that kind of free-ranging role, but he's been a big part of two Championship-winning teams and he never goes hiding when the going gets tough. 

I agree, though, that it doesn't bode well if he's still an ever-present throughout this season. 

Haven’t you just answered your own statement there?     Add the fact he’s slow to react and doesn’t sense danger and you should start to get the intense dislike…. Not all his fault of course…. For 4 seasons now the club have failed to find (and fully employ) proper CDMs.    

My thoughts are that 3 games off the radar will make kenny a fan favourite again. It’s worked for many a player that’s not been playing. That’s how it works. Bali Mumba is an example. 

Kenny has played too much for us to think he’s good. This suspension could be a blessing in disguise for all.

I don't think it matters who is on the pitch if the Luton game is anything to go by. To me all didn't perform, worst display I have seen in a long time. No urgency, strolling around, passing the ball sideways and backwards and when passing found a Luton player most of the time. Dreadful !!  Apart from a 5 for Gunn the highest for me was a 3 but mostly lower. All the squad have to step up to the mark. If you and I were earning that sum of money they are on and didn't perform we  would be sacked unless we improved.

Luton tactics didn't help with time wasting from the off !! just over 4 minutes to take a goal kick and tossing the ball away from dead ball situations and a fifth player brought over to take a throw in ?  What was the ref doing ??

No urgency with 9 minutes added 

Just earn your crust, make an effort to win the game PLEASE ................   

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

And the insistence on regularly giving the ball to the opposition. 

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

You've answered your own question at the bottom. I don't think anyone hates him but the frustration of him being a ever present, despite poor performance levels, drives me absolutely ******* insane. In fairness to Kenny, he never demanded a certain role (Russell Martin centre half), never comes out in the media spouting nonsense, always gives 100% and is clearly a decent lad. It's the managers I blame, in the same way as Worthington with Gary Holt in the PL season.