Sign in to follow this  
Hobozilla

Burnley game

3 minutes ago, canarycop said:

I was probably a little bit emotional earlier. I will always encourage people to celebrate someone's life in the best possible way. That's my job after all. I will go to work tomorrow to probably find another family has lost someone close to them. As always I will be professional. Still upset though but that won't cloud my judgement when I go to work. So yes.. probably the best way to celebrate her life would be to carry on as normal. I am big enough to accept I was wrong. 

Not wrong. There are valid arguments either way and we all react differently to things. I do believe though she would have hated the thought of the whole country moping about for a week and not getting on with things (subject obviously to suitable marks of respect).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Can’t see it will. Of course I suppose it could change, but this has been in place and rehearsed for many years. If you notice today, everything has been done by that timetable.

Unless airlines feel compelled to give all their staff a day off for it.

13 minutes ago, canarycop said:

I was probably a little bit emotional earlier. I will always encourage people to celebrate someone's life in the best possible way. That's my job after all. I will go to work tomorrow to probably find another family has lost someone close to them. As always I will be professional. Still upset though but that won't cloud my judgement when I go to work. So yes.. probably the best way to celebrate her life would be to carry on as normal. I am big enough to accept I was wrong. 

Fair play dude 👍

44 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I will stand corrected, but looking at Skybet the only sporting event I can still see not postponed in the U.K. is Burnley v Norwich City.

If it’s on tell us.

That's strange, they're all still on according to the Bet365 website.

33 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If the matches do go ahead with a minutes silence and the national anthem I would not want to be at Celtic thats for sure..🙃

Or Anfield

Whats the betting our fans are already on the way there before the match is cancelled.

It's a Govt decision by the looks of it. I'm sure the new PM will want to be seen to do the right thing.

Edited by Capt. Pants

29 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Not a sex pistols tribute, I hope!? 🙂

No, but would’ve been ‘interesting’.  Bit more sedate - Tom Chaplin ex of Keane, in a church of all places….

• Like 1

The aircraft that took the squad up to Manchester is now scheduled to depart back to Norwich at 1400 tomorrow instead of 2300, so I would say that confirms it. 

1 hour ago, canarycop said:

What do you think Charlie on the day you have lost ya mother. Shall we go ahead and play some footy just to keep someone happy. The Queens loss will be felt throughout the World. For the sake of sanity let's just call it all off now. As a Norwich fan I would like the club to say we won't play but it shouldn't be for them to decide. Someone needs to grow a pair and show some damn respect

Your opinion. Mine is that she’s not my mother, condolences to her family but I could not give one hint of a s*** on an emotional level and if football is cancelled I’d be p***ed off 

Edited by SwearyCanary
Typo
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’d bet on it being off

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Whats the betting our fans are already on the way there before the match is cancelled.

It's a Govt decision by the looks of it. I'm sure the new PM will want to be seen to do the right thing.

If she has a ticket for the away end we are ok 

I was reading a news article where the department of media/sports says there is not offical guideline on postponements in regards to the late Queens death except they have to be cancelled on the day of the funeral which is likely a week on Saturday or Sunday.

2 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Only just realised BT sport aren't showing tonight's games even though they are being played.  Even if tomorrow's game goes ahead will SKY show It?

I'm watching man utd on BT 1 - They're just going black inbetween where they'd normally have pundits in the studio,

3 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Only just realised BT sport aren't showing tonight's games even though they are being played.  Even if tomorrow's game goes ahead will SKY show It?

They are showing the games, just theres no half time chat or studio bits.. just the game and  thats it.

1 minute ago, glory.win or die. said:

If she has a ticket for the away end we are ok 

Lizzie Truss is one of us 

One of us 

One of us

She hates Ipswich

4 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

?

I'm watching Man U v whoever it is in the pub on BT sport 

I hope no sporting events are canx until Funeral day - seriously it’s just media over-hype selling advertising 

Hold the funeral on a Monday - give everyone a day off (5 less than the EU so we is in credit) and cancel a Monday night Prem game and a a few straggling lower division catch ups

She’d want that… no fuss - like an F1 Driver back in the day 

Don’t mind me, if I end up in the scenery in the mangled wreckage, just crack on lads!

Edited by Foxy2600
Predictive Text

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

?

I'm watching Man U v whoever it is in the pub on BT sport 

Maybe it was just during halftime out of respect they switched to blank screens. I'm not even bothered to watch these games now!

Hope the games go ahead tomorrow and weekend but will be surprised if they don't get cancelled.

21 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

What they have betting on cricket, horse racing etc ? Seems to all be cancelled.

Our game is off and suspect there wont be any games until after the funeral now, so next game could be after the International break which means Burney, Bristol City and WBA will need to be rearranged 

EFL statement due in the morning 

2 minutes ago, Diane said:

Our game is off and suspect there wont be any games until after the funeral now, so next game could be after the International break which means Burney, Bristol City and WBA will need to be rearranged 

EFL statement due in the morning 

I fear that could be the case, especially with the funeral happening over a weekend. 

There aren't many spare slots this season anyway, and Coventry need to find six of them.