Sign in to follow this  
Hobozilla

Burnley game

From a footballing point of view , not too dissapointed its off.

A strange thing to say off the back of winning 5 in a row maybe but I'm not quite sure we were playing well enough away from home just yet to have gone to and won at Burnley.

We now will have had 3 home games in a row with Bristol C and WBA to continue our form and then hopefully afterwards raising our level away.

25 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not until after project restart it didn't and then behind closed doors.

We're talking about a few football matches postponed as a mark of respect.

Agreed. 

I agree Capt, just making a point. 

Agreed this is a shorter break, but surely same logic applies? 

9 minutes ago, mastoola said:

No you don't

but you don't have to disrespect the country you live in You love your country for the history that has made it, Maybe just shut your mouth and be quiet whilst the rest of your fellow citizens fell not the same as you. I will say again show some respect.

Rip Elizabeth.

I absolutely do NOT live my country for the history it presided over when that history involves instigating slavery and imprisoning gay people. I DO love my country for at least trying in some areas to develop and acknowledge these massive errors and become a better place. I love it because it allows me the freedom not to have to agree with others just because they want me to. You love our country for whatever reason you want, I’ll love it my way. You don’t get to tell me to shut my mouth just because you disagree. I have many who agree with me. I’m not telling you you’re wrong am I? 

If I’ve upset you in some way. It wasn’t my intention, but honestly it’s your problem and I say what I like. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I'm very sad about the queen passing and shed a tear too, she was amazing, but I don't see cancelling everything helps anyone.  You can mourn and show respect while carrying on.

Indeed. I'm sure it would have been more of a 'mark of respect' for minutes silences and national anthems at every football ground this weekend...rather than everyone now just moping around not kniwing what to do with themselves , probably just drinking in a pub or shopping

I don't get it. It's sad that she died, I wish she hadn't, but only in the same way that I wish Doris down the road doesn't die too. I don't at all get cancelling sport because of it.

I also don't particularly get the love for her. I'm not against her or any of the royals (apart from the obvious!), but I struggle to understand the "she was amazing" rhetoric and people who don't know her getting upset about it, but, each to their own I suppose.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

For somebody that's not bothered @SwearyCanary you are making a lot of noise.

I’m responding to people. I’m bothered by their assertions and I’m bothered the game is off. 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Agreed. 

I agree Capt, just making a point. 

Agreed this is a shorter break, but surely same logic applies? 

I would imagine next midweek games will go ahead. These are short term decisions as a mark of respect, nothing else. 

You also have to accept that if games do go ahead the atmosphere might be somewhat muted.

• Like 1

Be mad about the game being off or don’t but…

Don’t be the guy who moans the queen stuff on telly is too much. It makes you look like a backwards weirdo who doesn’t know about on demand streaming.

• Haha 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I would imagine next midweek games will go ahead. These are short term decisions as a mark of respect, nothing else. 

You also have to accept that if games do go ahead the atmosphere might be somewhat muted.

I think it would be a different atmosphere, but as from the comments on here, some people are ambivalent about it. 

EPL canceling games in an already congested season, with a world cup break. I can hear Klopp now...... 

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

There will be 10 days of national mourning.

This will go on for quite a while.

We’ll all go down the pub, won’t be much mourning in there

10 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I suspect Blackpool away on 1st October will be our next game.

That would be utterly ridiculous if it ends up being the case 

Just now, Greavsy said:

I think it would be a different atmosphere, but as from the comments on here, some people are ambivalent about it. 

EPL canceling games in an already congested season, with a world cup break. I can hear Klopp now...... 

I can imagine the response a German will get if he starts moaning because matches are called off because of the death of the UK monarch. 

3 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

There will be 10 days of national mourning.

This will go on for quite a while.

Maybe ...but I cant see all sporting events being off for the next 10 days, this weekend only, maybe

I'm fairly certain I will still have to go to work over the next 10 days

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Don’t be the guy who moans the queen stuff on telly is too much. It makes you look like a backwards weirdo who doesn’t know about on demand streaming.

I was glad I learned how to use the remote controller soon enough to avoid such conundrums 😂

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Maybe ...but I cant see all sporting events being off for the next 10 days, this weekend only, maybe

I'm fairly certain I will still have to go to work over the next 10 days

You will , and not even a bank holiday on the day of the funeral

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm very sad about the queen passing and shed a tear too, she was amazing, but I don't see cancelling everything helps anyone.  You can mourn and show respect while carrying on.

You cried? 

5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

We’ll all go down the pub, won’t be much mourning in there

How very dare you! Show some respect 😉

The SIL has been cancelled this weekend so I imagine my league will also be called off.

Oh boy I'm gonna get so much grieving done in my big ol' weekend of mourning now!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can imagine the response a German will get if he starts moaning because matches are called off because of the death of the UK monarch. 

At least he's one of her countrymen...

But seriously, whether you agree with the monarchy or not, she was the head of the country and had been for 70 years. She has sacrificed her entire life for service to the country (yes whilst being handsomely rewarded for it) the least people could do is not **** and moan about a football match being postponed, it comes across as selfish and entitled.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this says more about me or the situation, but it didn't even cross my mind that there was a possibility that our game might get cancelled. I was a very surprised at the suggestion that it would to be honest. Even more so at the confirmation.

18 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’m responding to people. I’m bothered by their assertions and I’m bothered the game is off. 

And the people you’re responding to are making just as much noise. Although TBF I suppose they are bothered.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

So I haven’t missed Gardener’s World??? 🫢

Just now, All the Germans said:

I'm not sure if this says more about me or the situation, but it didn't even cross my mind that there was a possibility that our game might get cancelled. I was a very surprised at the suggestion that it would to be honest. Even more so at the confirmation.

Even though I personally would have no problem at all with life continuing as normal, there was never even the slightest possibility that sport would continue to be played in the immediate aftermath of the death of a monarch.