Sign in to follow this  
Hobozilla

Burnley game

This could actually work in our favour!!! 

Gives time for Dimi, McCallum, Hayden, Idah, Gibbs all to get abit closer to fitness, especially if all games postponed until after the funeral! 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

18 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Your opinion. Mine is that she’s not my mother, condolences to her family but I could not give one hint of a s*** on an emotional level and if football is cancelled I’d be p***ed off 

Would think your opinion is way off the opinion of the majority of true UK citizens who appreciate the work our Queen did for the United Kingdom and Commonwealth 

• Like 5

Absolutely gutted the game is off. It’s literally making me feel negatively about the ‘mourning’, which I’m not trying to disrespect for those that think the queen was great, but I can’t help thinking that anyone that isn’t a royalist and the things they get positivity and enjoyment from are being forced to follow ‘you will feel sad’. I’d happily support and respect anyones decision not to go to or watch the football if they were too distraught just as I’d not go if my Nan died. I wouldn’t however expect the game to be cancelled. Life goes on. Next unelected figurehead takes over, I still don’t give a monkeys, rinse and repeat 

10 minutes ago, Diane said:

Our game is off and suspect there wont be any games until after the funeral now, so next game could be after the International break which means Burney, Bristol City and WBA will need to be rearranged 

EFL statement due in the morning 

Bloody stupid IMO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daly said:

Would think your opinion is way off the opinion of the majority of true UK citizens who appreciate the work our Queen did for the United Kingdom and Commonwealth 

I'm going to disagree, I think the vast majority of UK citizens are indifferent towards to the monarchy. 

• Like 2

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm going to disagree, I think the vast majority of UK citizens are indifferent towards to the monarchy. 

Think the last poll I read was around 65 percent of people care about the Monarchy.

6 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Absolutely gutted the game is off. It’s literally making me feel negatively about the ‘mourning’, which I’m not trying to disrespect for those that think the queen was great, but I can’t help thinking that anyone that isn’t a royalist and the things they get positivity and enjoyment from are being forced to follow ‘you will feel sad’. I’d happily support and respect anyones decision not to go to or watch the football if they were too distraught just as I’d not go if my Nan died. I wouldn’t however expect the game to be cancelled. Life goes on. Next unelected figurehead takes over, I still don’t give a monkeys, rinse and repeat 

It’s just football, pal. It’s just a game.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think the last poll I read was around 65 percent of people care about the Monarchy.

I think you can be indifferent as to the future of the monarchy but still care about the late Queen.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Going to be hard work fitting in fixtures now with all these postponement's, it was bad enough with the world cup , and starting the season early. Thank god we have a big squad we are going to need it. 

4 minutes ago, daly said:

I’m a true UK citizen and the commonwealth was established for the benefit of the UK but the detriment of other nations. We use the commonwealth legislation to prevent Caribbean nations getting reparations from us for being ruthlessly and forcefully used in the slave trade and UK companies control over £1 trillion worth of natural resources in commonwealth African nations, channeling around £30 Billion of their wealth our way. We use a few other commonwealth nations as nice little tax havens for the wealthy to dodge paying their dues so forgive me if I don’t laud or support any recognition of that disgusting organisation which many countries are seeking to leave. 

I do appreciate however that she came across as a nice lady with good dress sense. Genuinely hope she rests in peace, but I’ll be whistling a cheery tune at work tomorrow regardless, not out of disrespect but because being miserable is unhelpful and horrible and I don’t feel in any way close to it (except a bit irked that I can’t do what brings me joy tomorrow night anymore). 

I think the Queen was a fantastic woman and did a fantastic job. 

I worked in central London for many years very close to Buckingham Palace and learned to appreciate the millions of tourists and their pockets full of cash they spent in this country year after year coming to visit royal sites and view royal traditions like the changing of the gaurd. The royal family attract much more money to the UK than they cost us.

I for one will mourn her passing.

• Like 1

So there was a global pandemic and football continued, because it was good for the public mental well being. 

Hmmmm...... Makes you think. 

I'm not a huge fan of the monarchy or certain spoilt little brats that live a life of entitlement and luxury, and still claim to be victims of literally anything they can scream about to get more columns in the papers, or a white hot deal from Netflix. 

However, our queen that passed today was a dying breed of monarch that we probably won't see again but I don't hold her life in higher regard that anyone anyone else that has done something for this country. 

I think the football should go on. 

• Like 1

She’s just an old lady, pal. Total stranger 

Your disrespect to our country knows no bounds.  Maybe its time you pack up and leave

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So there was a global pandemic and football continued, because it was good for the public mental well being. 

Hmmmm...... Makes you think. 

Not until after project restart it didn't and then behind closed doors.

We're talking about a few football matches postponed as a mark of respect.

She’s just an old lady, pal. Total stranger 

You should feel proud you’re all heart

7 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

I think the Queen was a fantastic woman and did a fantastic job. 

I worked in central London for many years very close to Buckingham Palace and learned to appreciate the millions of tourists and their pockets full of cash they spent in this country year after year coming to visit royal sites and view royal traditions like the changing of the gaurd. The royal family attract much more money to the UK than they cost us.

I for one will mourn her passing.

I’m uncomfortable with the idea of accepting an unelected and archaic institution with such murky background and unregulated power and privilege just because it is profitable and has ‘always been there’. In my eyes it’s little different to Newcastle turning a blind eye to Saudi investment. ‘It makes us wealthier so it’s ok’. 

Not for me. 

As I’ve said. An old woman died. She got to 96. Good innings. Sad event. Move on 

20 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's not the UK that matters at this point, as we play in the English leagues it's more about England.

However, I would think you would be wrong. Most people who lean right of centre tend to be pro monarchy due to a sense of nationalism that includes tradition. I think that alone would suggest there is more evidence to suggest the monarchy is still popular even if people disagree with aspects of their funding etc.

• Like 1

The most likely outcome IMO not really the right one. I understand its an historic situation but in reality there will be plenty of people who have paid up and committed to going that are now left with no options.

Are there greater evils? Yes absolutely. But as someone entirely apathetic to the Royals, being forced into not doing the things I want to for Project You Shall Be Sad means I'm certainly in the more negative camp now.

With the number of things being called off now, it's not unlike looking at a weekend back in lockdown except this time it's enforced grieving.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Your disrespect to our country knows no bounds.  Maybe its time you pack up and leave

Good one. I disrespect the country because I don’t know the queen.

I love my country, I don’t have to beat my chest and kiss my Liz wall poster to prove I don’t respect it. You thinking that the queen represents what the UK is and means shows how narrow minded you are. Serfdom must be so sad right now 

5 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’m uncomfortable with the idea of accepting an unelected and archaic institution with such murky background and unregulated power and privilege just because it is profitable and has ‘always been there’. In my eyes it’s little different to Newcastle turning a blind eye to Saudi investment. ‘It makes us wealthier so it’s ok’. 

Not for me. 

As I’ve said. An old woman died. She got to 96. Good innings. Sad event. Move on 

Perhaps you’d prefer Putin

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

The most likely outcome IMO not really the right one. I understand its an historic situation but in reality there will be plenty of people who have paid up and committed to going that are now left with no options.

Are there greater evils? Yes absolutely. But as someone entirely apathetic to the Royals, being forced into not doing the things I want to for Project You Shall Be Sad means I'm certainly in the more negative camp now.

With the number of things being called off now, it's not unlike looking at a weekend back in lockdown except this time it's enforced grieving.

The opposite can also be said though...

Honestly, IMHO, black bands for all players and game ahead would be fine and I suspect that would have been the case had there been dozens of more games on. There isn't.

I'm sure refunds etc will be issued. 

5 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Good one. I disrespect the country because I don’t know the queen.

I love my country, I don’t have to beat my chest and kiss my Liz wall poster to prove I don’t respect it. You thinking that the queen represents what the UK is and means shows how narrow minded you are. Serfdom must be so sad right now 

No you don't

but you don't have to disrespect the country you live in You love your country for the history that has made it, Maybe just shut your mouth and be quiet whilst the rest of your fellow citizens fell not the same as you. I will say again show some respect.

Edited by mastoola

35 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

This could actually work in our favour!!! 

Gives time for Dimi, McCallum, Hayden, Idah, Gibbs all to get abit closer to fitness, especially if all games postponed until after the 

Depends how long for,if its postponed until her funeral that could possibly be 3 Games?

Fitting them in will be hard, unless played during the scheduled WorldCup break which would mean we lose Sargent. And possibly Krul.

Anyway, what will be will be.