Monty13

Team for Huddersfield

Who would you play Tuesday?

Personally I’d drop Rashica, he needs a kick up the ****.

Presumably Kenny is playing LB 😬

So I’d go:

Krul

Aarons Hanley Omobamidele McClean

Sara Gibbs Nunez

Ramsey Pukki Cantwell

Harsh on Sinani I know but other than the miss I thought Ramsey was excellent and injected a lot of energy in his cameo, think it’s time to see what Sara can do too so between Sara and Sinani I’d personally leave Sinani on the bench although I am torn.

For damage limitation I'd be tempted to go 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 as McLean at left back in a flat back 4 worries me immensely. 

We really need the win though so once again 4-3-3. I'd have Sinani on the right as Rashica hasn't done enough. Just hope we can dominate again and change these supposedly good stats into goals and more importantly 3 points.

Just now, Crabby Canary said:

What concerns me is that any team we put out lacks a quality central defensive midfield player. 

What concerns me for Tuesday is which player is going to do a Peter Kay and wallop the ball into his own teammate and concede a goal.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crabby Canary said:

What concerns me is that any team we put out lacks a quality central defensive midfield player. 

The issue with only recruiting and having one.

The fact he’s injured and not played a single minute of pre season or the last 4 games is just salt on the wound of him being the only true option.

• Like 1

If Smith continues to start Rashica, he will see his contract termination date getting ever closer! The guy does not have the physicality for the English game and that is not going to change.

Krul 

Omobamidele Hanley Gibson.  

Aarons                                                    Hernandez

Sara     Gibbs     cantwell

Nunez 

Pukki 

Bench 

Gunn - Tomkinson - Rachica - Sinani - Ramsey - McLean - Hugill 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

GK  Krul

LCB  Gibson

CB  Hanley

RCB  Omobamidele 

LWB  Hernandez 

RWB  Aarons

CM  McLean

CM  Nunez

AM  Cantwell

ST  Hugill

ST  Pukki

Subs:  Gunn, Tomkinson, Sara, Ramsey, Sinani, Rashica, Idah (if fit)

Krul
Aarons Hanley Omobamidele McLean
Gibbs Sara
Cantwell Nunez Ramsey
Pukki

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Krul
Gibbs Sara
Cantwell Nunez Ramsey
Pukki

👍. 2-0 city.  Sara and Nunez

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

If Smith continues to start Rashica, he will see his contract termination date getting ever closer! The guy does not have the physicality for the English game and that is not going to change.

It is odd, pre season there were plenty who reckoned Rashica would rip it up in the Champs.  I’d love him to come good but haven’t seen too much that suggests he will.

I’m not sure what the starting XI will be, but I hope Sara is fit to start - and we are counting down the days until Hayden is fit.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Krul
Gibbs Sara
Cantwell Nunez Ramsey
Pukki

👍 Hopefully Sara is fit enough to start and with Gibbs a bit more protection. Ramsey Nunez and Cantwell to feed Pukki

59 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is odd, pre season there were plenty who reckoned Rashica would rip it up in the Champs.  I’d love him to come good but haven’t seen too much that suggests he will.

I’m not sure what the starting XI will be, but I hope Sara is fit to start - and we are counting down the days until Hayden is fit.  

He should rip up the Championship, the fact he looks pretty ineffective generates a number of questions.

Is he being played in a way that makes him ineffective, does he just not suit the style, is his head not right, is he just not worth the money we paid etc.

Its only three games but he’s barely done anything that looked a good Championship level player let alone PL quality.

• Like 1

Omo Hanley Gibson

Aarons       Gibbs         McLean

Nunez          Sinani

Sargent            Pukki

Only for the lack of a suitable LB option. Gibbs has shown he can play that spot, and Sargent gives the defence something to think about that isn't Pukki

If we're dominating Kenny can tuck in alongside Gibbs in possession, Aarons can push on and overload the right (did this well v Wigan). Nunez and Sinani should have the technicality and legs between them to really show up.

Suspect if Lungi's not fit and Byram's not quite recovered then it'll be a straight scrap between Gibson and McLean for the LB spot.

GK: Tim KRUL
RB: Max AARONS
RCB: Andrew OMOBAMIDELE
LCB: Grant HANLEY (C)
LB: Ben GIBSON
CM: Kenny MCLEAN
CM: Marcelino NUNEZ
CM: Danel SINANI
LAM: Todd CANTWELL
RAM: Josh SARGENT
CF: Teemu PUKKI

Subs: Gunn (GK), Tomkinson, Gibbs, Sara, Hugill, Hernandez, Dowell

Dowell to play number 10 role for me, seemed to get a decent understanding for a few PL games with Pukki towards end of last season. 

also Sinani to come in, especially with it being Huddersfield.

Omo - not up to fitness yet and doesn’t look 100% convincing out there right now 

GK- Krul

RB - Aarons

CB - Hanley

CB - Gibson

LB - McLean

Mid - Nunez

Mid - Gibbs 

AML - Cantwell

AMC - Dowell

AMR - Sinani

STR - Pukki

• Like 1

If we have learned anything, from when it started to go wrong for Farke to now, it should be that we are not effective playing any form of 433. That must be the worst system to get the best out of Pukki, and we need to get the best from him.

The best we have plyed this year is when we played with two up front, idah and Pukki, before Idah's injury in February.

If Idah is not ready yet then I would play a more compact 442 with Hugill playing up top with Pukki.

So much depends upon who is fit but from my best knowledge my team would be:

Krul

Aarons Omobamidele Hanley McLean

Nunez Sara Gibbs Cantwell

Hugill Pukki 

Sinani would be unlucky not to make the team but there would certainly be no starting place for Rashica or Sargent. (which would mean that every one of the new players we brought in last season would be excluded).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Omo Hanley Gibson

Aarons       Gibbs         McLean

Nunez          Sinani

Sargent            Pukki

Only for the lack of a suitable LB option. Gibbs has shown he can play that spot, and Sargent gives the defence something to think about that isn't Pukki

If we're dominating Kenny can tuck in alongside Gibbs in possession, Aarons can push on and overload the right (did this well v Wigan). Nunez and Sinani should have the technicality and legs between them to really show up.

Sargent???????? Really?

I will say this one more time…….. if McLean is in the starting 11 then we will struggle for a result.

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Omo, Gibson

Sara, Nunez

Sinani, Dowell, Cantwell

Pukki.

18 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Krul 

Omobamidele Hanley Gibson.  

Aarons                                                    Hernandez

Sara     Gibbs     cantwell

Nunez 

Pukki 

Bench 

Gunn - Tomkinson - Rachica - Sinani - Ramsey - McLean - Hugill 

I quite like that. The formation is what I had in mind but couldn't be bothered to pick the players 🤣

I can't see Smith going with 3 at the back and dropping both McLean and Rashica though.

19 hours ago, Monty13 said:

The issue with only recruiting and having one.

The fact he’s injured and not played a single minute of pre season or the last 4 games is just salt on the wound of him being the only true option.

Yeah, how long will it be before the club realises it’s suicide not to buy four CDMs and 17 centre backs??? 😡

Edit: and eight left backs. 😳

Edited by Nuff Said

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The only team which makes sense is:

Krul

McLean McLean McLean McLean

McLean   McLean

McLean McLean McLean

Pukki

• Like 1

Krul
                    Gibbs Sara
         Cantwell Nunez Ramsey
                        Hugill 

Tin Hat on dropping Pukki but Hugill can hold the ball up or flick it on for runners from midfield 

Trying something different with pukki ready to come on if needed after 60 mins 

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Krul
                    Gibbs Sara
         Cantwell Nunez Ramsey
                        Hugill 

Tin Hat on dropping Pukki but Hugill can hold the ball up or flick it on for runners from midfield 

Trying something different with pukki ready to come on if needed after 60 mins 

Seems ridiculous dropping Pukki but I agree we do need to try something different. Will be a bit odd for Smith though given on Saturday he was telling Hugil he wasnt good enough for the match day squad (despite having a really good pre season??).

My main hope is that Smith's hand being forced to play Gibbs instead of McLean or Sorenson in midfield could actually end up making our season!

4 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Seems ridiculous dropping Pukki but I agree we do need to try something different. Will be a bit odd for Smith though given on Saturday he was telling Hugil he wasnt good enough for the match day squad (despite having a really good pre season??).

My main hope is that Smith's hand being forced to play Gibbs instead of McLean or Sorenson in midfield could actually end up making our season!

Yes it is a Big call of course if Idah is fit i would also think about  him ,

Thing with smith is he will try and use Sargent instead of Hugill i think Hugill has earned a crack at it just through his pre season games 

just seems we are trying to play to Pukki's Strengths instead of teams strengths and forcing it a bit instead of just playing 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes it is a Big call of course if Idah is fit i would also think about  him ,

Thing with smith is he will try and use Sargent instead of Hugill i think Hugill has earned a crack at it just through his pre season games 

just seems we are trying to play to Pukki's Strengths instead of teams strengths and forcing it a bit instead of just playing 

Then why play the same system that suits Pukki but does not suit Hugill at all. I cannot see Hugill making room for himself for the through balls associated with 4231. Pukki needs someone alongside him and until Idah is fit that could well be Hugill.

Edited by Yellow Wal
typo