TeemuVanBasten

Footballing geniuses Ipswich Town strike again!

Flynn Downes, relegated to the U23's by Paul Cook and told he wasn't wanted before being flogged to Swansea for £1.5m....

... Now linked with £12m move to Leeds to replace Kalvin Phillips, with Crystal Palace also interested.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha........ ha! 

I think you have to give a fair bit of credit to Russell Martin on this one too. He pushed hard to sign this lad for MK Dons, it falling through only because he moved to Swansea. He pushed to get Swansea to bring him in - and seems he was right to do so. 

I do think if Russell Martin had not made that jump from MK Dons to Swansea, he would be in Dean Smith's place right now. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Flynn Downes, relegated to the U23's by Paul Cook and told he wasn't wanted before being flogged to Swansea for £1.5m....

... Now linked with £12m move to Leeds to replace Kalvin Phillips, with Crystal Palace also interested.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha........ ha! 

Actually. He asked to leave after Palace put a bid in the summer before. He wasn't dropped for footballing reasons. Plus we sold with a high sell on. So all in all we've made money from it. :) so yes good decision by town. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrismakin said:

Actually. He asked to leave after Palace put a bid in the summer before. He wasn't dropped for footballing reasons. Plus we sold with a high sell on. So all in all we've made money from it. 🙂so yes good decision by town. 

Jesus Christ Frimley,are your lot so strapped for funds that you clutch at every straw like this ?

Just now, C.I.D said:

Jesus Christ Frimley,are your lot so strapped for funds that you clutch at every straw like this ?

Lol. Yes strapped for cash. 

58 minutes ago, chrismakin said:

Actually. He asked to leave after Palace put a bid in the summer before. He wasn't dropped for footballing reasons. Plus we sold with a high sell on. So all in all we've made money from it. 🙂so yes good decision by town. 

I don't think you should be allowed on this forum, because we're not allowed on yours.

But mate.... you flogged a player for £1.5m and a year later he's going to be a Prem starter. This only seems to happen to Ipswich. Nick Pope, Jordan Rhodes, Matt Clarke, how many more are your tinpot little lower league club going to get wrong? Its hilarious. 

We haven't really got one seriously wrong since Dion Dublin in the late 80s!

ps. Do you still have a tree growing out of the roof of your stadium?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, chrismakin said:

Wouldn't you rather he was playing for you?. 

The dosh  argument doesn't go down well round 'ere. Cough, Emi, cough.

😇

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't think you should be allowed on this forum, because we're not allowed on yours.

But mate.... you flogged a player for £1.5m and a year later he's going to be a Prem starter. This only seems to happen to Ipswich. Nick Pope, Jordan Rhodes, Matt Clarke, how many more are your tinpot little lower league club going to get wrong? Its hilarious. 

We haven't really got one seriously wrong since Dion Dublin in the late 80s!

ps. Do you still have a tree growing out of the roof of your stadium?

Their stadium? I think you mean Suffolk County Council's stadium 😉

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Do they get a sell on fee?

I think they just get a free subscription to Neil Parish's tractor por*n site.

Edited by horsefly

why were are scouts not onto a player 40 miles away ! 

Would have been a great signing for us Ipswich player or Not might even still be here now 

signing a player for 1.5 million should be nothing for us loaned him to swansea for a year then ready for us 

3 hours ago, chrismakin said:

You've made money but your fans were full of it, claiming he wasn't that good anyway, even for you guys in League One mediocrity.

I get why you'd post on here because even your own fans think you spout nonsense, as per your long, ridiculous defending across all platforms of Paul Cook, which reached some levels of viral on twitter for me to even see it. 😂

It’s a strange one to see this spun as a huge success for the binners - if I have it right, they lost a player 12 months ago who is now worth £12m and will only see a fraction of that sum.  That doesn’t seem particularly stunning business to me.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s a strange one to see this spun as a huge success for the binners - if I have it right, they lost a player 12 months ago who is now worth £12m and will only see a fraction of that sum.  That doesn’t seem particularly stunning business to me.

Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...........

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The Pinkun would be in absolute meltdown if it happened here!

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

To be fair I don't think chrismakin is allowed on theirs either...

🙃

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...........

Heck, I find that hackneyed old phrase to be proper dross from old Tennyson there.

21 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Heck, I find that hackneyed old phrase to be proper dross from old Tennyson there.

Well we are talking about ipswich! 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, chrismakin said:

Wrong board pal... you need the semi professional lot in that small Town down the road, not the regions top club from the regions capital... off you pop!

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Harry Toffolo anyone?

Fair shout. In fairness, it took him years to reach a decent level though. It's not like we let him go and he was a Premier League player within 12 months.

23 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

To be fair I don't think chrismakin is allowed on theirs either...

🙃

Ha ha . Chris popped on here last year and explained how a pension fund works . I found it most enlightening. I was looking forward to the follow up but strangely Chris disappeared as the Binners rocketed to 11th in Div 3. 

Maybe he has excitedly bought into Mike Ashtons comments about being the best team in Suffolk. Or something . 

They didn't do too badly for a player with the reputation of being a bit of an ill-disciplined clogger who wanted out and had done for some time.

I actually thought that City could have done well to acquire him at one stage, but never really saw him as PL standard. A sort of unrefined Bradley Johnson (without the shot) or an Oliver Skipp with studs (but without the class.) Moyes should know best though, so I expect he has benefitted from a spell under Russell Martin's management.

Apparently there is quite a high sell-on fee due to ITFC. The fans are getting excited about this, perhaps the pension fund should be more so though. There's been a constant drain on their resources since they took on that particular 'investment.'

I thought this post on TWTD rather neatly summed up the huge gulf that now exists between NCFC and that lot down the road:

"league one defences are going to be up against an attacking unit of:

—————————Morsy
Burns——————————————Leigh
————-Chaplin————Harness
—————————Ladapo

With Jackson, Edwards, Aluko coming off the bench on 60 minutes. Surely this is the season we get out of this god awful league!!"

Compare that line up with:

-------------------Hayden

Sara----------------------------------Lees-Melou

Dowell--------Pukki-------------Rashica

with McClean, Sargent, Tzolis, Rowe, Idah etc. coming off the bench....

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I thought this post on TWTD rather neatly summed up the huge gulf that now exists between NCFC and that lot down the road:

—————————Morsy
Burns——————————————Leigh
————-Chaplin————Harness
—————————Ladapo

With Jackson, Edwards, Aluko coming off the bench on 60 minutes. Surely this is the season we get out of this god awful league!!"

"This is the season we get out of this god awful leauge" Spoiler- They are gonna finish 12th

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

—————————Morsy
Burns——————————————Leigh
————-Chaplin————Harness
—————————Ladapo

Mind that ever widening gap…. 😂

• Haha 1