Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Kit tomorrow

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's brilliant! I've also seen other clubs and club supporter groups tagging it and sharing it as an example of great PR/marketing around mental health. The club has certainly got a lot wrong in its PR in recent times (the Pride Month graffiti wall is still fresh in the mind), but this has been a great success.

I actually knew about this a while ago, as my wife works for Mind and was involved in it from a relatively early stage... one of the accompanying videos is of one of her colleagues. She was very impressed with the club's attention to detail in putting it together.

I would rather people try to do the right thing and maybe get it a little wrong than not try at all.

Even getting it a little bit wrong means more public discussion on why. If something like a club can hold their hands up and apologises, it actually sets an example to the community too.

Some people still cant talk about those topics easily and again, having awkward conversations are better than no conversations. Knowing it's safe to be make mistakes in a space to learn is vital.

The conversations need to happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure why people are so shocked and appalled at the lack of new kit yesterday.

The teaser clearly stated 'NOT JUST ANOTHER KIT LAUNCH' with the letters 'NOT A KIT LAUNCH' highlighted. 

I'm not going to lie, when I checked social media shortly after 9am yesterday I was expecting to see a new kit, but I can't exactly say that I was surprised when I didn't. After all, the club did, albeit cryptically, say that it was 'NOT A KIT LAUNCH'.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

What do they do more than us, out of interest? Always good to see where we can improve...

Anyway, this has been a huge, roaring success. The kit release videos normally have about 3-50k views after a day at best. We're at over 300k. Fantastic exposure.

Nearly half a million views now, so it can be put down as a huge successful way of getting a serious message out.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

Nearly half a million views now, so it can be put down as a huge successful way of getting a serious message out.👍

Thats brilliant news.

I'll be honest, I have no life-experience of this, no friends or family who have been so low they've ended their own life. It's been a bit eye opening to me, not really the initial video so to speak, but the follow up experiences of individuals. I really cannot fathom how anyone could have the self-righteousness to complain that the club's media team have 'lied', 'tricked', 'belittled' by not releasing the kit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm not sure why people are so shocked and appalled at the lack of new kit yesterday.

The teaser clearly stated 'NOT JUST ANOTHER KIT LAUNCH' with the letters 'NOT A KIT LAUNCH' highlighted. 

I'm not going to lie, when I checked social media shortly after 9am yesterday I was expecting to see a new kit, but I can't exactly say that I was surprised when I didn't. After all, the club did, albeit cryptically, say that it was 'NOT A KIT LAUNCH'.

Playing a totally straight bat, you can't disagree with this. However I find I can't fully agree with the 'fans can wait 3 days for a kit, grow up' angle I've seen this construed as elsewhere

It isn't like the video has been released on its own merit only to be besieged by criticism for not being a kit release- I could understand then. But it's the week of our first friendly, people have been gagging after the kit for weeks, the club put out a cryptic press release featuring the word 'KIT' in big neon capital letters; I think it's understandable people would expect a kit.

It's kind of like if I invited people into a conference room with the promise of giving them a free TV, then expecting all of them to be totally happy when it's actually a presentation about domestic abuse and there is no TV.

Ultimately its impossible to properly debate against how they did it given the power of the subject matter and successful uptake on social media. And it's Thursday tomorrow anyway.

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Playing a totally straight bat, you can't disagree with this. However I find I can't fully agree with the 'fans can wait 3 days for a kit, grow up' angle I've seen this construed as elsewhere

It isn't like the video has been released on its own merit only to be besieged by criticism for not being a kit release- I could understand then. But it's the week of our first friendly, people have been gagging after the kit for weeks, the club put out a cryptic press release featuring the word 'KIT' in big neon capital letters; I think it's understandable people would expect a kit.

It's kind of like if I invited people into a conference room with the promise of giving them a free TV, then expecting all of them to be totally happy when it's actually a presentation about domestic abuse and there is no TV.

Ultimately its impossible to properly debate against how they did it given the power of the subject matter and successful uptake on social media. And it's Thursday tomorrow anyway.

I have to firmly disagree with this bit. The video states that the kit reveal would be Thursday close to the start. The issue is that it's the same people, not just attacking the lack of a shirt release but the club for being the community club it has always been in working closely with the community on community issues.

What would these people do now were Gunn snr to do the work he did to raise awareness of leukaemia after the loss of his daughter? If the club were to promote that? Is he a virtue signaller for that? Is he woke?

No, if people cannot see the importance of this message, if people rubbish this message, it's not about shirts, and frankly, as I said before, they can go and find a club the more closely reflects their lack of ethics and morals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

You are like a broken record. Is that the best you can do? How many years can you keep mentioning that one post? 

YOU are the broken record. Every post you don't like becomes an attack on your "religion", or too "political". Even though historically this club has been community focused and supporting issues that are within our community.

Perhaps it's because you aren't local that you don't get it. And it's ok if you don't get it. But it is NOT ok to attack things just because you don't like them or don't get them.

You rile up a fair number of people on this board with your comments, you bring it on yourself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

You are like a broken record. Is that the best you can do? How many years can you keep mentioning that one post? 

I've not mentioned it nearly as many times as you mention "the board"

21 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I'd prefer to read a few moans on the pinkun than reading about local school kids, teachers and parents being gunned down.  Can't even have a pride event in SF without fear of someone getting shot. 

Never said SF was better or perfect, but at least we don't **** about kit launches and mental health awareness. 😂

5 minutes ago, SFCanary said:

Never said SF was better or perfect, but at least we don't **** about kit launches and mental health awareness. 😂

By SF I assume San Francisco? If so how did you end up supporting Norwich? I always like these kinds of stories 😊

Having known a number of people who’ve committed suicide I feel that mental health problems are something that all should be aware of.  I note that some have expressed concern at the prevalence of online hate, yet ironically given the subject of the thread I’ve seen from some of the comments on here the personal attacks on those who simply give an opinion that, important though awareness of mental health clearly is, they would prefer their football club to focus on football.  The vitriol in these and similar attacks in various threads recently is unpleasant and, were it verbal and in the workplace, would clearly constitute bullying.  People are allowed reasonable opinions and shouldn’t be subjected to abuse for expressing them.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Having known a number of people who’ve committed suicide I feel that mental health problems are something that all should be aware of.  I note that some have expressed concern at the prevalence of online hate, yet ironically given the subject of the thread I’ve seen from some of the comments on here the personal attacks on those who simply give an opinion that, important though awareness of mental health clearly is, they would prefer their football club to focus on football.  The vitriol in these and similar attacks in various threads recently is unpleasant and, were it verbal and in the workplace, would clearly constitute bullying.  People are allowed reasonable opinions and shouldn’t be subjected to abuse for expressing them.  

Well said! Absolutely. 

It is totally ironic that on the subject of mental health and our club taking a stand on it (whether we agree with the way it was marketed or not...everyone I believe thinks it is nothing but a positive thing for the club to be involved with)...that posters take it on themselves to castigate anyone they disagree with. Maybe some people are ok with personal attack. Or welcome it. But, maybe they don't either! How do we know?

To Dean Coneys boots - I don't often agree with some of your positions and posts but please keep posting. You (and anyone else I disagree with) are free in my book to post what you wish about your feelings on things. If I disagree with you I might ignore your post or respond in the fairest way I am able to. 

We are all Norwich fans. 

I'm sorry for appearing so soft to anyone who disagrees with me. And I'm not thick skinned but rarely get upset by anything so feel free to pile on if you need to.

I'm someone though who often tries to create some harmony...I feel strongly because I lost my best friend to suicide ...and I just think that life is bloody short anyway that it's best to try and find a bit of good.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

I've just remembered; I was given a NCFC shirt as a present last August - it's never been out of the bag. I'm not even sure where I put it. Kind of sums up last season really. And my lack of enthusiasm for whatever kit is coming next...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

I note that some have expressed concern at the prevalence of online hate, yet ironically given the subject of the thread I’ve seen from some of the comments on here the personal attacks on those who simply give an opinion that, important though awareness of mental health clearly is, they would prefer their football club to focus on football.  The vitriol in these and similar attacks in various threads recently is unpleasant and, were it verbal and in the workplace, would clearly constitute bullying.  People are allowed reasonable opinions and shouldn’t be subjected to abuse for expressing them.  

We ALL know people who have suffered from mental health. The chances are we all also know people who have sadly taken their own lives. Statistics indicate that there are many on this forum who also come under that umbrella.

I work with children and young people who struggle with mental health challenges. I have family, work colleages and close friends who do. It literally surrounds us in our society and IMHO in the UK at least is going to become one of the next challenges our society is going to have to address as from the perspective I have, more and more and more young people are developing with poor mental health due to the pressures put on them at a young age.

Imagine, then, that you come to a forum to see the response, a forum with people who suffer from various mental health diagnosis, who are front line workers, care workers, who have family and friends who suffer from it and a comment you see is:

On 28/06/2022 at 09:07, 7HAR1980 said:

What a complete joke! Utter Tinpot! 

On 28/06/2022 at 09:28, Dean Coneys boots said:

Not sure playing with people’s heads and then letting them down via sneaky means is a brilliant advertsment for mental health personally. But maybe that’s just me…

On 28/06/2022 at 09:32, Dean Coneys boots said:

I wish the club would just stick to football. Instead we have a rainbow washed canary thread on Twitter lecturing us on mental health awareness. Why does the club have to pretend it’s some sort of virtuous NGO and not just a footy club? All these mind games and nudge tactics put me off. Why is it Norwich city fc business however serious and important mental health is? That’s the job of the NHS no? 

On 28/06/2022 at 10:25, Dean Coneys boots said:

No it is the exact same thing. Too much politics and corporate virtue signalling creeping into sport  

This is not the first time DCB has attacked the club for similar things, Black History Month, players using their right to freedom of expression to kneel in solidarity...

I don't think it is fair to attack other folks who are growing tired of this continuous tirade at the club they support for the work it does in the community it works within. I suspect that DCB and some others who often agree with him, are not local to the club, perhaps not even to the UK and struggle to understand the local community and how the club is truly embedded in it. Perhaps those folks need to refrain from commenting until they have done research and listened to people who could share more about the community and how it helps? 

Edited by chicken

Great video from the club and glad it's highlighting mental health issues which are far more prevalent than a lot of people would think.

Perhaps some of those discussing it on this board could also consider the impact of their messages to others on here. It seems like almost every thread is becoming non stop attacks by numerous posters that, as well as derailing threads, could in itself be causing some of the issues we're all discussing and praising the club for raising awareness for. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

Great video from the club and glad it's highlighting mental health issues which are far more prevalent than a lot of people would think.

Perhaps some of those discussing it on this board could also consider the impact of their messages to others on here. It seems like almost every thread is becoming non stop attacks by numerous posters that, as well as derailing threads, could in itself be causing some of the issues we're all discussing and praising the club for raising awareness for. 

You are right, I have updated my last post. 👍

I really do think though, that some people should consider not using hard right US centric terms like "virtue signalling" (which in this instance has been used inappropriately every time, as in, it doesn't fit the situation/wrong meaning than they think it has),  "woke" or any other insult to both the club and anyone who supports what the club is doing.

It even insults those who work with, campaign for and live with the issues the club champions. Which as we know, is an awful lot of people.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chicken said:

We ALL know people who have suffered from mental health. The chances are we all also know people who have sadly taken their own lives. Statistics indicate that there are many on this forum who also come under that umbrella.

I work with children and young people who struggle with mental health challenges. I have family, work colleages and close friends who do. It literally surrounds us in our society and IMHO in the UK at least is going to become one of the next challenges our society is going to have to address as from the perspective I have, more and more and more young people are developing with poor mental health due to the pressures put on them at a young age.

Imagine, then, that you come to a forum to see the response, a forum with people who suffer from various mental health diagnosis, who are front line workers, care workers, who have family and friends who suffer from it and a comment you see is:

This is not the first time DCB has attacked the club for similar things, Black History Month, players using their right to freedom of expression to kneel in solidarity...

I don't think it is fair to attack other folks who are growing tired of this continuous tirade at the club they support for the work it does in the community it works within. I suspect that DCB and some others who often agree with him, are not local to the club, perhaps not even to the UK and struggle to understand the local community and how the club is truly embedded in it. Perhaps those folks need to refrain from commenting until they have done research and listened to people who could share more about the community and how it helps? 

Please remember that people who suffer with mental illness are still entitled to their opinion! Even if it is negative towards the club.

And I believe its wrong to question others support for the club especially when its based on assumptions! 

Chicken don’t be so hypocritical!! You can’t ask people to be considerate about the mental health of fellow posters and then launch an ad hominem attack on one of them. Does my mental health matter or only that of the people you agree with?

But then this is very typical of leftist thinking today. Victims and virtue only exist on one side of a debate - all others must be cancelled! No forgiveness, no mercy and no sense of humour 

Get over yourself and get a grip.

ps. Am based in Uk (not that where we live has much to do with anything) and I have plenty of experience working in and around people with mental health issues.

I stand by my belief that the football club should focus less on politics and more on football. Personally I want to see players in the door not hear from a new secular church espousing woke orthodoxy. Though this latest video is actually very good. (I just didn’t like the bait and switch)

it’s called an opinion - you don’t have to share it, nor like it. But you should be enough of a gentleman to respect it without resorting to name calling. A forum is the right place for different opinions to be aired. 

Edited by Dean Coneys boots
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Chicken don’t be so hypocritical!! You can’t ask people to be considerate about the mental health of fellow posters and then launch an ad hominem attack on one of them. Does my mental health matter or only that of the people you agree with?

But then this is very typical of leftist thinking today. Victims and virtue only exist on one side of a debate - all others must be cancelled! No forgiveness, no mercy and no sense of humour 

Get over yourself and get a grip.

ps. Am based in Uk (not that where we live has much to do with anything) and I have plenty of experience working in and around people with mental health issues.

I stand by my belief that the football club should focus less on politics and more on football. Personally I want to see players in the door not hear from a new secular church espousing woke orthodoxy. Though this latest video is actually very good. (I just didn’t like the bait and switch)

it’s called an opinion - you don’t have to share it, nor like it. But you should be enough of a gentleman to respect it without resorting to name calling. A forum is the right place for different opinions to be aired. 

I agree about the different opinions being shared. But, of late, comments from a number of people about politics and religion have spilled out onto the football focused area of this forum and derailed a various number of threads.

Its great that a lot of folks have opinions but there are sections of the forum devoted to social-political debates and I wish more people would use these as tbh, all I want to do is chat about new players, tactics and potential investment in the club, not wade through quasi-philosophical polemics just to get to a comment about a new kit. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I agree about the different opinions being shared. But, of late, comments from a number of people about politics and religion have spilled out onto the football focused area of this forum and derailed a various number of threads.

Its great that a lot of folks have opinions but there are sections of the forum devoted to social-political debates and I wish more people would use these as tbh, all I want to do is chat about new players, tactics and potential investment in the club, not wade through quasi-philosophical polemics just to get to a comment about a new kit. 

I agree, although it becomes more difficult as the boundaries between football, social issues and, for want of a better word, politics, become increasingly blurred.

2 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

I agree, although it becomes more difficult as the boundaries between football, social issues and, for want of a better word, politics, become increasingly blurred.

In many ways this supports my point that the club should step back from the political posturing - which delights some fans and alienates others- and focus on the footy

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

In many ways this supports my point that the club should step back from the political posturing - which delights some fans and alienates others- and focus on the footy

Got people talking about mental health and you now have the excitement of kit day...today. Rejoice!

Love a lefty.

• Like 1