Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Kit tomorrow

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

CC has just smashed his laptop against the wall.

As long as that's all he's done. Imagine if he was so disappointed he killed himself. That would probably win irony forever.

• Haha 2

Nice message from Stephen Fry there. Fair play!

Puts it in perspective when the number of suicides in East Anglia alone come up to one seating block in the Lower Barclay.

• Like 2

Lol! I love it. Mental health is a huge issue.

The irony is that some folks are so desperate for pictures of a new kit that they've lost it. Perhaps the message is important after all?

• Like 4

I'm in two minds about this.

Part of me thinks it's a good cause which is always worth bringing more attention to. 

Part of me also thinks you don't need the "hook" (posh, less offensive, PR friendly word for lies) suggesting this is going to be a kit launch. In a close season which has been slow in terms of news and desperately needed to be a page turning moment for the club, I think it's a little unfair on fans. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

What a complete joke! Utter Tinpot! 

Hope nobody that's important to you ever suffers to that extent. Get your head out of your árse and look at the bigger picture.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

I'm in two minds about this.

Part of me thinks it's a good cause which is always worth bringing more attention to. 

Part of me also thinks you don't need the "hook" (posh, less offensive, PR friendly word for lies) suggesting this is going to be a kit launch. In a close season which has been slow in terms of news and desperately needed to be a page turning moment for the club, I think it's a little unfair on fans. 

Considering that the highlighted letters said "NOT A KIT LAUNCH", is it really lying?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Considering that the highlighted letters said "NOT A KIT LAUNCH", is it really lying?

The whole picture said not just another kit launch didn't it? 

I know you are particularly an apologist for the club, but you can't deny the element of deceipt in this, no matter how good a cause benefits.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Thanks 1

I mean yeah, good message but what a bait. Way to get a lot of fans back to being annoyed by the clubs social media. Could it have not realy have been done seperetly? Swear every club has released their kit months ago

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hope nobody that's important to you ever suffers to that extent. Get your head out of your árse and look at the bigger picture.

I suffer depression you muppet.

Teasing a kit launch to promote a mental health campaign is a pretty low idea in my opinion.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean yeah, good message but what a bait. Way to get a lot of fans back to hating the clubs social media. Could it have not realy have been done seperetly? What a farce

The whole point is that if it's done separately, it wouldn't have reached nearly as many people because loads of people would have just ignored it. Well played by the club.

• Like 1

Just now, 7HAR1980 said:

Teasing a kit launch to promote a mental health campaign is a pretty low idea in my opinion.

It said ‘not’ a kit launch? It raised awareness of an important issue, imo that can’t be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The whole picture said not just another kit launch didn't it? 

I know you are particularly an apologist for the club, but you can't deny the element of deceipt in this, no matter how good a cause benefits.

Disagree, as it says "not just another kit launch", with the highlighted letters being "not a kit launch". That tells me there won't be a launch on that day, but after that, anything we think it could be is merely a projection of our imaginations. And using it as a means to stimulate the discussion on mental health - especially with a focus on male suicides - certainly is a departure from the average kit launch.

So, it's certainly not just another kit launch.

Makes me wonder if a sleeve sponsor is going to be Mind. After all, we had that with War Paint for Men last time out in the Champs.

1 minute ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Then how can you think it's a bad idea to get this vital message to as wide an audience as possible? Surely it's a good thing if it helps people like you and me to discuss it? Did you feel nothing when you saw that shot of 500+ NCFC scarves on seats to represent all the people in our region who have taken their own lives?

Totally understand that some people will be frustrated/disappointed/annoyed (I look forward to the new kit launch as much as anyone), but using the kit launch as a platform means that many thousands of people will see this video who otherwise would probably have ignored it/not seen it/glossed over it.

I wish you all the best with your mental health, by the way – I've suffered with depression and anxiety my whole adult life. OTBC.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

👍👏

I was going to suggest that nobody could get angry at that message but he proved me wrong.🤨

Gotta say, as someone who's life has been littered with depression and suicide this made me feel quite low - was hyped for the kit launch and instead reminded how **** the world is.

Thanks Mr Fry!   ....I'd have preferred it to be my choice what to watch, really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

As somebody that suffers with it personally and pretty severely I'd have much rather had the kit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It said ‘not’ a kit launch? It raised awareness of an important issue, imo that can’t be wrong.

Agree, it's an important issue.

Disagree with the way they've gone about it.

It said 'Not just another kit launch' 

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Gotta say, as someone who's life has been littered with depression and suicide this made me feel quite low - was hyped for the kit launch and instead reminded how **** the world is.

Thanks Mr Fry!   ....I'd have preferred it to be my choice what to watch, really.

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

As somebody that suffers with it personally and pretty severely I'd have much rather had the kit. 

To be fair I fully understand that its quite a **** move to tease something fans always look forward to and have done for weeks if not months even more so with how slow and boring our social media has been with the lack of signings to then be all 'haha jokes on you suckers' and advertise something else. Very poorly thought out, as I said this charity could have been done any other way on any other day and it would have been fine, but doing it like this even more so with the BK8 nonsense last season just shows the club have not learned anything. Clearly not something well thought out, even if the intetions were good.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Not sure playing with people’s heads and then letting them down via sneaky means is a brilliant advertsment for mental health personally. But maybe that’s just me…

• Like 4

Yeah something about this feels a bit...off to me. Not sure I like the baity gimmicky way to get this message out there. 

As someone else mentioned, I hope this has something more concrete with it at kit launch, ie a small % of shirt sales being donated to Mind or similar. 

• Like 5

Too cryptic for a lot of people to understand and giving cause for misunderstanding is not a particularly good thing. It leads to speculation and anticipation and then disappointment - and anger - in some quarters. The message is meaningful and important, but the way it has been put across is a bit too clever for it's own good - imo.

• Like 5