Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Kit tomorrow

Great video, great charity, deserves support.

Looking forward to the kit being released at the Royal Norfolk Show. As it should be every year. 

4 minutes ago, Orly said:

That's one of my two criticisms answered.  Although unsatisfactorily for me, but such is life.

Something I didn't mention was I also didn't care for people stating 'facts' like they themselves are the arbiters of reality.  Particularly when making sweeping generalisations, whether referring to individual members of the religion or the institution of it as a whole - the distinction is practically irrelevant imo. 

I could easily (if so inclined, but I'm not) make exactly the opposite case and write 'FACTS' after it.

Anyways, it's sunny.  I'm off down the pub.  No hard feelings, I don't really do internet beef, because it's sh1t and pointless.

The facts I referred to have been proven in courts of law, many times. I have no beef with other people's beliefs, DCB brought Catholics to the table as was rightly mocked , not for his Catholic beliefs but for aligning them with mental health issues. 

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The facts I referred to have been proven in courts of law, many times. I have no beef with other people's beliefs, DCB brought Catholics to the table as was rightly mocked , not for his Catholic beliefs but for aligning them with mental health issues. 

Can't remember seeing the context of his reference to agree / disagree.

Different 'facts' can be referenced to support the good of religion too of course, but I don't care to (am not religious myself), just think it's way more complicated and nuanced than 'Catholic and/or any other Institution Good / Bad'.

I wish you a pleasant pint in the Sun, also.

(p.s. capitalised Sun because am Pagan heathen.  PPS Not really).

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

I mean the amount I gave was a random figure, % of sales from shirts would be much less, since the club already gets a reduced % of the money from shirt sales already.

Of course money is important to charities but I was quoting an OP who basically said if the club didn't donate a load of money it would simply be virtue signalling. That's not correct at all, the exposure a club like ours can give with its huge fanbase and social media following can be just as important.

Yes, agree with this. The trouble with services targeted at improving mental health in communities is that there have been great funding cuts in recent years. Even small grants of £30,000 make a massive difference to what kind of interventions that can be made. In my local organisation, even £5000.

This NCFC campaign is admirable (even though I've been uncomfortable with the way it has been flagged) and it looks to be backed enough through outreach / signposting etc ...indicating a lot of work behind the scenes.

What I've found weird reading a few responses in this thread is that (imo) any poster should be free to say whatever they want or whatever they feel about virtually anything! 

People don't need to agree with everything said or stated but there is an irony in posters being personally critical of one another. After all we are discussing wellbeing and mental health! If we are not careful the whole thrust of Norwich City's campaign - awareness and ability to speak out about feelings - begins to be undone by personal asides.

I realise everyone has different sensibilities. But it's a free world (!) and disagreement ought to be a positive thing not something to get upset about.

As NCFC PR it has been mightily successful if this thread is any guide because it has led to a lot of engagement.

As ever I might be guided by Ringo Starr - as he might say ...

"peace and love man"😏

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

I’m just looking forward to Thursday when the club announce we’ll be playing in a rainbow strip all season. 

DCB:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Orly said:

Can't remember seeing the context of his reference to agree / disagree.

Different 'facts' can be referenced to support the good of religion too of course, but I don't care to (am not religious myself), just think it's way more complicated and nuanced than 'Catholic and/or any other Institution Good / Bad'.

I wish you a pleasant pint in the Sun, also.

(p.s. capitalised Sun because am Pagan heathen.  PPS Not really).

Shame, I was just about to wish you belated happy Solstice, there's always time to convert to the ' Wild Church '.....in the nicest possible sense of wild, of course.

Regarding facts I'm not sure that you can weigh up good/bad like that, pustules have to be dealt with.... After all , look at all the money Jimmy Saville raised.🤷

This is the PinkUn at it's absolute worse.

Basically, people are annoyed at the club for a stunt that raises awareness of an issue that kills people just in our region on a daily basis because they didn't get to see a kit.

Oh, and an institution that provides more live-saving health care than any other besides national governments, and educates more people than the majority of governments, is apparently inherently evil because of the despicable actions of a tiny, tiny percentage of its membership.

**** me, stupidty and entitlement is being taken to a whole new level today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It went well by the looks of it. Plenty of praise and many views. Here's a fellow football club.

12 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

They? Are you referring to all 1.6 billion Catholics, a few rotten apples at the top? Help me out here. 

I'm Catholic, I'm not offended.

Nor do I need someone who uses conservative right wing US terminology like it's confetti in every single topic they want to derail by making it "political" or about religion.

Just give it a rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

I mean the amount I gave was a random figure, % of sales from shirts would be much less, since the club already gets a reduced % of the money from shirt sales already.

Of course money is important to charities but I was quoting an OP who basically said if the club didn't donate a load of money it would simply be virtue signalling. That's not correct at all, the exposure a club like ours can give with its huge fanbase and social media following can be just as important.

Yup, same people make the argument that we are a massive club because of the reach in our region so shouldn't be treated like a little club are being, to be frank, quite disgusting about our club doing what it always has and trying to support the community it knows and recognises it relies upon.

Same people slag off the rainbow laces, the black history month posts and other such things the club does because they don't want "woke politics" involved with "their" club.

At this point, I just wish they'd find a football club who stands for all of the things they want because it sure isn't our club. It sure isn't any club in at least the top two tiers of English football. 

6 hours ago, SFCanary said:

Some of the replies in this thread just remind me why I left the UK 🤦‍♂️

I'd prefer to read a few moans on the pinkun than reading about local school kids, teachers and parents being gunned down.  Can't even have a pride event in SF without fear of someone getting shot. 

Heh, even an Ipswich fan has said it was good on the FB page. Fair play to him.

17 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yup, same people make the argument that we are a massive club because of the reach in our region so shouldn't be treated like a little club are being, to be frank, quite disgusting about our club doing what it always has and trying to support the community it knows and recognises it relies upon.

Same people slag off the rainbow laces, the black history month posts and other such things the club does because they don't want "woke politics" involved with "their" club.

At this point, I just wish they'd find a football club who stands for all of the things they want because it sure isn't our club. It sure isn't any club in at least the top two tiers of English football. 

Millwall?😇

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Millwall?😇

I said football club... 😉😅😇🙊

I find it so odd people are upset by this, within 10 secs of the video it was clear it wasn’t about a kit launch, are people really that easily annoyed especially given what it was about? 

Im not sure why anyone thought Stephen Fry would be introducing the new kit anyway, should have been the first clue before anyone clicked.

• Like 1

Just now, Monty13 said:

Im not sure why anyone thought Stephen Fry would be introducing the new kit anyway, should have been the first clue before anyone clicked.

I honestly thought it was a new ownership announcement when he said about his role as president I was thinking "what's going on here then?".  

21 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I wish the club would just stick to football. Instead we have a rainbow washed canary thread on Twitter lecturing us on mental health awareness. Why does the club have to pretend it’s some sort of virtuous NGO and not just a footy club? All these mind games and nudge tactics put me off. Why is it Norwich city fc business however serious and important mental health is? That’s the job of the NHS no? 

I could not have lost more respect for you as I have from this post. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 1902 said:

I could not have lost more respect for you as I have from this post. 

Don’t get wound up about it mate, there is unfortunately those who are so narrow minded they struggle with the concept of a football club supporting its community 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Don’t get wound up about it mate, there is unfortunately those who are so narrow minded they struggle with the concept of a football club supporting its community 

There’s been a lot of absolute sh1te posted recently. Not sure whether somethings in the water but it’s probably owing to close season with relatively little happening and people getting “bored”. I might have a little break, kind of depressing tbh. 

• Like 1

It’s an important cause, and I’m happy the club does it’s community work.

it’s one of the few things the club is actually doing correctly right now. Youth, community outreach, associations with local charities have all shone through in midst of a senior mens team who have given up and disrespected us and a senior management team who resent the fanbase massively.

but questioning the delivery of the message doesn’t mean you don’t believe in the message. You can moan and say you care more on the care-o-meter if that makes you feel better but that’s on you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Millwall?😇

Do some research before you throw Millwall's name about.  They do more for the community than most, because of where they are based there are a lot more problems than place like ours.  

I think a lot of people think we are the only club that does a lot of extras but open your eyes.  

Wolverhampton Wanderers, a club I cant stand historically do way more than we do. 

Edited by Ren
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ren said:

Do some research before you throw Millwall's name about.  They do more for the community than most, because of where they are based there are a lot more problems than place like ours.  

I think a lot of people think we are the only club that does a lot of extras but open your eyes.  

Wolverhampton Wanderers, a club I cant stand historically do way more than we do. 

What do they do more than us, out of interest? Always good to see where we can improve...

Anyway, this has been a huge, roaring success. The kit release videos normally have about 3-50k views after a day at best. We're at over 300k. Fantastic exposure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

What do they do more than us, out of interest? Always good to see where we can improve...

Anyway, this has been a huge, roaring success. The kit release videos normally have about 3-50k views after a day at best. We're at over 300k. Fantastic exposure.

That's brilliant! I've also seen other clubs and club supporter groups tagging it and sharing it as an example of great PR/marketing around mental health. The club has certainly got a lot wrong in its PR in recent times (the Pride Month graffiti wall is still fresh in the mind), but this has been a great success.

I actually knew about this a while ago, as my wife works for Mind and was involved in it from a relatively early stage... one of the accompanying videos is of one of her colleagues. She was very impressed with the club's attention to detail in putting it together.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ren said:

I bring your attention to the 😇 , I am led to believe, by those ITK that the posting of an emoji after a dodgy post makes it all ok.😜

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/537160/i-cant-remember-having-to-praise-that-lot-up-the-road-before.../#11

Even those lot in full support of what our club's done.

Not very often I agree with them but I do in this instance. That some of our fans felt so entitled to complain that we didn't release the kit and they've been 'tricked' or 'misled' is selfish and bordering on disgusting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's brilliant! I've also seen other clubs and club supporter groups tagging it and sharing it as an example of great PR/marketing around mental health. The club has certainly got a lot wrong in its PR in recent times (the Pride Month graffiti wall is still fresh in the mind), but this has been a great success.

I actually knew about this a while ago, as my wife works for Mind and was involved in it from a relatively early stage... one of the accompanying videos is of one of her colleagues. She was very impressed with the club's attention to detail in putting it together.

That's brilliant FTW!

But, and there is always a but, I wish they gave the same level of detail to the basics and the way they provide information about season tickets, matchday tickets, away tickets, friendly match tickets, shareholders rights (😉), incoming & outgoing players, news about potential investors etc. Let's hope they will moving forward.

If anyone thinking I have a down on the campaign, I don't.  It is just that basics need to be right and they are far from it at the moment, as I hope you would agree. I was responsible for marketing at a media savvy organisation and there were lots of bright young marketing guys who had lots of sparky ideas, but the problem was they paid more attention to these than to the basics and I and other senior colleagues were forever fighting fires over mistakes on those basics; to fight fires regarding a campaign like this would have been a pleasure.  In the end we set KPI's over reducing complaints over the basic information provided, the reward being that we would provide the time and resource for a campaign similar to this one.  I'm glad to say it worked and our communication with our target audience improved as a result and I was able to concentrate on my other areas of management.  

Yes, it is my favourite soapbox, but with so many of the basics being badly managed at the moment, there is a real need for improved governance over the basics at the club. 

But well done on the current campaign. 

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/537160/i-cant-remember-having-to-praise-that-lot-up-the-road-before.../#11

Even those lot in full support of what our club's done.

Not very often I agree with them but I do in this instance. That some of our fans felt so entitled to complain that we didn't release the kit and they've been 'tricked' or 'misled' is selfish and bordering on disgusting.

That your usual forum- makes sense! 

For the record it is below the belt (and dishonest) to conflate criticism of the method of delivery with criticism of the message itself. 

If someone says 

10/10 for the message and video 

1/10 for the bait and switch 

That isn’t criticism of anything other than by he tricks employed. 

34 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

That your usual forum- makes sense! 

For the record it is below the belt (and dishonest) to conflate criticism of the method of delivery with criticism of the message itself. 

If someone says 

10/10 for the message and video 

1/10 for the bait and switch 

That isn’t criticism of anything other than by he tricks employed. 

I've seen enough of your posts to know that without reading you're excusing what has probably been a distasteful attitude to avoid having to give any sort of compliment towards the club.

Which is probably a good thing because last time you did, you said we'd had the best transfer window in living memory and it turned out to be one of the poorest.

Opposite of what DCB says = usually true.