Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Huddersfield vs Forest play off final

Whos getting promoted?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we think is winning todays play off final?

• Huddersfield
    • Forest

I can't decide who I want to go up. Both managers have done fantastic jobs this season and both deserve to go up. I'd welcome either of them here at Carrow Road.

29 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Both nice clubs. I've got friends who are big Forest fans, so for them I hope they go up. Plus it's been a while for them.

1998 was the last time they were in the top flight I do bealive. Been a long time, even more so for a club like them that were once a pretty big club and they do have a very loyal fanbase too.

34 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Both nice clubs. I've got friends who are big Forest fans, so for them I hope they go up. Plus it's been a while for them.

Got a Norwich player in the Huddersfield team to cheer on though?

I'd like to see Forest go up. It's been over two decades since they were last there and they'd be more interesting for the Premier League, for me. They'd also likely be a stronger opponent for us if they stayed down next season. 

Plus, Steve Cooper is one of the best young coaches in English football and it seems like the only way an English coach can get a chance in the top flight these days is either to be a club legend at a Premier League side or be promoted into it, with Graham Potter being the only exception I can think of in recent years.

• Like 1

We could do with Forest under Cooper being out of the league next year as they will be strong competition. Thing is they're good defensively and play on the counter so if they go up they could well stay up and increase the pool of clubs that we're currently in competition with to establish ourselves in the top flight. Huddersfield have had a great season but I don't see it lasting, they would get torn apart in the PL and might run out of steam next year competing for promotion. Tough one to choose

Forest as a good friend of mine is a fan and I’ve got nothing bad to say about them. They’ll be my Prem team next season. 😊

Torn really - Forest will be more of a threat to us next year, I think but Huddersfield have stronger Norwich links.

I would love to see Jordan Rhodes win at Wembley + remember Harry Toffolo with affection + Daniel Sinani as well - there might even be extra payment in his loan contract if they are promoted? (Pure guess on my part.)

Heart vs Head

Forest for me to achieve promotion.....Huddersfield have recently had a little dabble in the Top Flight.....So with Forest having been in the Championship wilderness since the late nineties I'm curious, and would like to see them return and see how they perform....

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Got a Norwich player in the Huddersfield team to cheer on though?

Depends I guess, if folks see him as being part of our side next season, we probably need them not to get promoted... unless they don't think he's good enough for the prem... 

Huddersfield look the more likely to me to ebb away if they stay at Champ level. Forests fortunes are based very much on the quality of their manager, which would make them much more likely to remain a threat next year. 

It's all business, baby

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Torn really - Forest will be more of a threat to us next year, I think but Huddersfield have stronger Norwich links.

I would love to see Jordan Rhodes win at Wembley + remember Harry Toffolo with affection + Daniel Sinani as well - there might even be extra payment in his loan contract if they are promoted? (Pure guess on my part.)

Heart vs Head

Anyone who watched the Youth Cup Final is probably still wondering why we let Harry Toffolo leave. It would be good to see him in the Premier League 

• Like 1

Think it will be Huddersfield. Would prefer Forest though as we have a good record against the Terriers - did the double against them last season with an 8-0 score on aggregate

Met police have been informed to check Forest fans for flares as they enter the stadium. That’s what they were wearing last time they were there

• Haha 10

50 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Anyone who watched the Youth Cup Final is probably still wondering why we let Harry Toffolo leave. It would be good to see him in the Premier League 

Agreed Dylan. Always thought Toffolo was a great prospect

• Like 1

He was a decent prospect but he wasn't good enough to get in the team at the time and wouldn't have got in it since. 

I live in-between Nottingham and Derby. We won’t be playing Derby next season, so I’d like Forest to stay down for that reason. I’d like to see Huddersfield struggle and go straight back down, it validates our recent experience to an extent and reinforces the structural issues in the PL. But I have to agree we’re more likely to get six points from Huddersfield next season.

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Jon moss been on the pies again, so unfit

Don't they have to pass a fitness test every once in a while to carry on being a ref? Then again I'm pretty sure police officers are supposed to do the same yet I have seen quite a few rotund coppers..

Poor game so far - Forest by far the more adventurous, but we saw yesterday that doesn’t always work out 

Edited by Branston Pickle

If this is the best the Championship has to offer then I might just revisit my prediction for us next season. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If this is the best the Championship has to offer then I might just revisit my prediction for us next season. 

I was going to tag you 😉 From what I'd seen of the Championship this season the standard isn't what it was even when we were last in it.