Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

22-23 Championship- The teams

I expect Sunderland to be away on a Saturday lunchtime and Swansea to be a midweek away game not forgetting of course Middlesbrough on NYD. 😂

• Haha 1

The North West have some easy away days this year don't they 😅

The 5 in the North West are all easy for me to get to, plus I’ll catch up with my mates again when we play at Watford.

I'm sure Luton is creeping West looking at that map! 

Edited by Google Bot

16 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I thought it might be because of the new ground but that’s going to be east of Kenilworth Road.

Will be a while since the Friendly Cup was up for grabs. With our relegation & Sunderland's promotion I assume this will be on the cards over the 2 games?

Absolutely nothing near Norwich. Didnt there used to be a side within 100 miles of the Fine City?! May as well move to the Dutch league at this rate.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Canario said:

Absolutely nothing near Norwich. Didnt there used to be a side within 100 miles of the Fine City?! May as well move to the Dutch league at this rate.

Is it Kings Lynn you are thinking off? I can’t think of nobody else within a 100 mile radius for the life of me!

Not loads of cities I’d look at as a nice pleasant weekend away day with the family - unless you’re into post industrial chic! 

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Technically it’s crept east because you can see the towns borderline underneath the writing 

new stadium not ready until 2024 

will probably end up at the Kenny and Watford as I’m less than 30 mins away from both 

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So, which are you looking forward to seeing us play the most then? And no, "none" is not an answer😉

da-teams.png

Throw in a couple of cup ties against Carlisle and Plymouth and that’s the country covered. There are several cold Wednesday nights in the North West ! 

Luton, Cardiff, Coventry, Blackpool and Bristol City are the only 5 I haven't seen Norwich play at so will be hoping to do all of those and as many others that fall on a Saturday, shan't ever be going to Sunderland on a Tuesday night ever again. 

The play off final this year has lost all jeopardy as that map does not contain either of the 2 finalists.

We must assume they are both being promoted?

14 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

The 5 in the North West are all easy for me to get to, plus I’ll catch up with my mates again when we play at Watford.

You only have mates in Watford Mr A? 

Have you peed off everyone else in the country or have you not got out much?

Blackpool, Bristol, Coventry, Sheffield+Rotherham are all great days/nights out. I hope they are all Saturday 3pm...

This is the first season in a while with no matches whatsoever on the South coast!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

You only have mates in Watford Mr A? 

Have you peed off everyone else in the country or have you not got out much?

I lived in the Watford area for 55 years before I moved North so It's definitely the latter 😉

Disappointment all round, 2 aways south of the Thames - and only just. Reading (usually NYD or around Xmas) and Millwall always Saturday at 3pm - lovely! Still, there's always the Cups - perhaps Pompey or Crawley.....maybe not!

Guess I'll be seeing the Hornets more often next season - the Isthmian ones!

Living in Nottingham, the Champs is always better for games, although I'm used to having games at Forest and Derby as very easy to get to, a surprise that next season it could be neither !  But I have about 7 games in very easy striking distance compared to just a couple in the Prem this season.

Also I've got to be honest, even ignoring the results I prefer the games against Championship opponents, I'd rather be going to games at places like Preston or Blackburn than Man U , I'd prefer Birmingham over Villa etc, that's just me.

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

Millwall is closest for me but don't particularly fancy Millwall away 🤪

The one good thing is you’re in proximity of the Bermondsey Beer Mile. Otherwise it’s pretty fkng grim there.