Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Right....now send the loan players back

Get rid of the problem the 2 owners , when they eventually leave it will be like this club doing the double .

• Like 1

Norwich must surely have the worst record of getting success from loan players. Short of Skipp and Huckerby I can’t think of any that have excelled in a city shirt. I mean we even had the captain of England on loan once and he looked awful for us. 

• Like 1

Gilmour and Williams looked two of the only players really trying out there today. Yes there’s little point in continuing to play them but it’s the players who’s contracts we do hold who need to take a long hard look at themselves. 

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Norwich must surely have the worst record of getting success from loan players. Short of Skipp and Huckerby I can’t think of any that have excelled in a city shirt. I mean we even had the captain of England on loan once and he looked awful for us. 

David Nielsen was pretty good….. well until we signed him 

• Haha 1

Crouch was decent. David Rocastle too.  One of them is dead tho (RIP ☹️ ) I had hair then too. . Apart from them my mind's blank. Yeah. Send them back. Play the kids.

I must be the only one that is thinking the opposite to this thread. I would play as many as possible of the players that won’t be here next season.

The hardest part of our preparation (aside from engaging in decent recruitment) will be to shake the losing mentality of this season.

For that reason I’d rather the ones that are leaving play so they can take that mentality away with them. Focus on getting the minds right in the ones we’re keeping. The benefit of physical game practice will minimal at this stage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Do you not think we can stay up then? Negative Nancy 🙄

There is always the chance another few teams could be disqualified.

• Like 1

Thought Gilmour and Williams showed a little bit of determination today. Normann on the other hand...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

So that makes 3 good ones in what 25 years? 😂

What about Billy Gilmour? 

That's just it though, Gilmour has never been found wanting for effort. He's tried all season, just nowhere near good enough/strong enough at this level right now. 

All of the signings have turned out embarrasing. Not one signing can say they have improved the squad from last year's starting XI. That lies at the foot of one man, and one many only. Thanks for all the great work you've done Webber (genuinely) but your time is up. 

6 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I must be the only one that is thinking the opposite to this thread. I would play as many as possible of the players that won’t be here next season.

The hardest part of our preparation (aside from engaging in decent recruitment) will be to shake the losing mentality of this season.

For that reason I’d rather the ones that are leaving play so they can take that mentality away with them. Focus on getting the minds right in the ones we’re keeping. The benefit of physical game practice will minimal at this stage.

But we've been playing Normann & Gilmour and they've simply been ineffective.

Lets at least give Sorensen a try. Giannalouis deserves a chance at left back remainder of season

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Gilmour close to our man of the match today. Makes you think what could have been if we put some metal around him.

Everyone knew at the end of last season we needed a defensive midfielder, a ball winner. Well everyone apart from the head of our recruitment that is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bovril said:

That's just it though, Gilmour has never been found wanting for effort. He's tried all season, just nowhere near good enough/strong enough at this level right now. 

I think it's fair to say he hasn't lacked for effort, but it's not that he's not good enough, it's that he's not suitable to the situation. He'd probably look great in a mid-table team.

Oh and on loan players generally, they don't have to be an absolute success or an absolute failure, we've had plenty who have been... fine. Harper, Crouch, Dijks, Reed, Rhodes, Quintilla off the top of my head.

• Like 1

I mean Gilmour has largely been poor but Normann is truly shocking. The fact he is still selected gives me zero confidence in Smith.

But agree with the OP they shouldn't be picked now in favour of our own. 

18 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Send Dean smith and Webber back at same time

I'm hoping Smith is on loan from Villa??🤔😉

No matter how poor they have been they are certain to start next week.. Smith not got the nous to change the midfield gone with largely the same misfiring players and and formations since he got here.  Expect the same next seasson.

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

As did Leroy Lita

Surely we can't be excluding Omar Koroma here?