Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Right....now send the loan players back

Recommended Posts

Get rid of the problem the 2 owners , when they eventually leave it will be like this club doing the double .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norwich must surely have the worst record of getting success from loan players. Short of Skipp and Huckerby I can’t think of any that have excelled in a city shirt. I mean we even had the captain of England on loan once and he looked awful for us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilmour and Williams looked two of the only players really trying out there today. Yes there’s little point in continuing to play them but it’s the players who’s contracts we do hold who need to take a long hard look at themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Norwich must surely have the worst record of getting success from loan players. Short of Skipp and Huckerby I can’t think of any that have excelled in a city shirt. I mean we even had the captain of England on loan once and he looked awful for us. 

David Nielsen was pretty good….. well until we signed him 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crouch was decent. David Rocastle too.  One of them is dead tho (RIP ☹️ ) I had hair then too. . Apart from them my mind's blank. Yeah. Send them back. Play the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be the only one that is thinking the opposite to this thread. I would play as many as possible of the players that won’t be here next season.
 

The hardest part of our preparation (aside from engaging in decent recruitment) will be to shake the losing mentality of this season.

For that reason I’d rather the ones that are leaving play so they can take that mentality away with them. Focus on getting the minds right in the ones we’re keeping. The benefit of physical game practice will minimal at this stage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Do you not think we can stay up then? Negative Nancy 🙄

There is always the chance another few teams could be disqualified.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Gilmour and Williams showed a little bit of determination today. Normann on the other hand...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

So that makes 3 good ones in what 25 years? 😂

What about Billy Gilmour? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's just it though, Gilmour has never been found wanting for effort. He's tried all season, just nowhere near good enough/strong enough at this level right now. 

All of the signings have turned out embarrasing. Not one signing can say they have improved the squad from last year's starting XI. That lies at the foot of one man, and one many only. Thanks for all the great work you've done Webber (genuinely) but your time is up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I must be the only one that is thinking the opposite to this thread. I would play as many as possible of the players that won’t be here next season.
 

The hardest part of our preparation (aside from engaging in decent recruitment) will be to shake the losing mentality of this season.

For that reason I’d rather the ones that are leaving play so they can take that mentality away with them. Focus on getting the minds right in the ones we’re keeping. The benefit of physical game practice will minimal at this stage.

But we've been playing Normann & Gilmour and they've simply been ineffective.

Lets at least give Sorensen a try. Giannalouis deserves a chance at left back remainder of season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilmour close to our man of the match today. Makes you think what could have been if we put some metal around him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Gilmour close to our man of the match today. Makes you think what could have been if we put some metal around him.

Everyone knew at the end of last season we needed a defensive midfielder, a ball winner. Well everyone apart from the head of our recruitment that is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bovril said:

That's just it though, Gilmour has never been found wanting for effort. He's tried all season, just nowhere near good enough/strong enough at this level right now. 

I think it's fair to say he hasn't lacked for effort, but it's not that he's not good enough, it's that he's not suitable to the situation. He'd probably look great in a mid-table team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and on loan players generally, they don't have to be an absolute success or an absolute failure, we've had plenty who have been... fine. Harper, Crouch, Dijks, Reed, Rhodes, Quintilla off the top of my head.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean Gilmour has largely been poor but Normann is truly shocking. The fact he is still selected gives me zero confidence in Smith.

But agree with the OP they shouldn't be picked now in favour of our own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Send Dean smith and Webber back at same time

I'm hoping Smith is on loan from Villa??🤔😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter how poor they have been they are certain to start next week.. Smith not got the nous to change the midfield gone with largely the same misfiring players and and formations since he got here.  Expect the same next seasson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

As did Leroy Lita

Surely we can't be excluding Omar Koroma here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...