Sign in to follow this  
SwearyCanary

Forum Housekeeping Poll

Forum Democracy   

74 members have voted

1. 1. To post or not to post

• Some people post too much - please just one new topic daily per person!
    • Keep new topic posting unrestricted - I love wading through miles of turd

No names mentioned but I do get increasingly irritated by the repetition of petty squabbles by some posters that just go on and on in circles. In some respects I agree that some posters just create so many new topics that it’s like they believe they’re essential to the workings of the forum. It is annoying and it’s not endearing. I also however think it’s equally irritating seeing the same people go into that topic just to post how much that irritates them, sparking handbags and wasting time. 
can we maybe have a gentlepersons agreement that means some of us make the effort to reduce the pretty pointless and regular posts that we can all see if we read any sport app. Maybe making the topic title as uncryptic as possible too? We are all too old to have click bait in here. Equally though can we also resist the urge to comment in a topic we feel is pointless? It sends a far better message to the poster that they’re missing the mark if they get very limited responses and their thread quickly tumbles down the page. 

just a thought 

• Haha 1

No clue what you're on about, but all I know this is a forum meant for people to post on, to create threads on and to share opinions on. Would rather this not become a Stalins Russia with thread and post police.  And you know, if you don't like them someone or what they post you could always block them or just be an adult and ignore them. Regardless I'm not voting and staying out of this 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Think you’re missing the point here. I’m not in any way suggesting posts are policed, but that posters aim for more quality over quantity. I am aware of the ways to filter out other posters if I so choose, but I don’t want to block a poster that makes good quality contributions now and then just because they also create less stimulating ones. I don’t dislike anyone on here as i don’t know who they are, it’s a weird conclusion to jump to if I’m being completely honest. The comment about being an adult and just ignoring them feel a bit contradictory too, and once again quite unnecessarily condescending. 

I like reading the forum, I do not like the squabbling, I enjoy most of the posts, and filter out those which do not interest me or I think are pointless.  I think it needs a light touch of control, twtd has so many threads it hurts my eyes.  

• Like 1

Plenty of threads quickly get derailed by 'You're a tw*t' 'No you're a tw*t' etc. I find the inter-member squabbling tedious, I have 4 kids under 10 so I have to hear it IRL, dont need it online.

I have no problem with Cambridge. People can post as many new threads as they like. I've never understood why certain members feel they need to police the forum. Dont like it? Dont read it - it's simple.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No clue what you're on about, but all I know this is a forum meant for people to post on, to create threads on and to share opinions on. Would rather this not become a Stalins Russia with thread and post police.  And you know, if you don't like them someone or what they post you could always block them or just be an adult and ignore them. Regardless I'm not voting and staying out of this 😉

I don't believe  you cc🙈🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Plenty of threads quickly get derailed by 'You're a tw*t' 'No you're a tw*t' etc. I find the inter-member squabbling tedious, I have 4 kids under 10 so I have to hear it IRL, dont need it online.

I have no problem with Cambridge. People can post as many new threads as they like. I've never understood why certain members feel they need to police the forum. Dont like it? Dont read it - it's simple.

Exactly. Just to add there are so many politically correct junkies as well. Boring .

• Like 4

I don't see there being a problem. If cambridgeshire canary wants to post new threads regularly, that's his choice. If people aren't interested in his threads, they won't reply and the thread will drop off the front page.

Eventually cambridgeshire canary will either leave home, get married, have kids, or be granted parole. Then he'll discover there are more interesting things in life than posting on here. But until then, post away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Haha. People can post what they like when they like it's a forum.

A word limit would be nice though, and financial threads moved to non football 😉

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Haha. People can post what they like when they like it's a forum.

A word limit would be nice though, and financial threads moved to non football 😉

Chicken on your mind? 

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonderful irony in the last sentence 😂

I do sympathise with the OP regarding the circular petty squabbles.  It's frustrating to wade through a thread which purports to address an interesting topic, only to find it full of that c**p.  Still, that's forums (fora?), I guess... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't think for one moment Sweary is trying to make the forum 'Stalin's Russia' - he's just asking if posters could think before they post (if they indeed have that capability).

OTBC

• Thanks 2

@cambridgeshire canary can post some nonsense but every thread he gets stick from same 2 or 3 posters for daring to start a topic. A lot of his topics do create conversation and debate too.

• Like 4

I think the thing here is you have the choice and freewill to do what you like. So, someone can post lots of new threads, and someone else can choose to completely ignore them

Love those posts, can get much info into me in a short amount of time.  Pinkun main site bores me to tears, I just come straight here for related club news.

And of course they need their own thread and a click bait lure - that's the whole fun - as they spark debate and adds a human element to the delivery.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I think the thing here is you have the choice and freewill to do what you like. So, someone can post lots of new threads, and someone else can choose to completely ignore them

Or reply to them. 

I think the forum regulates itself surprisingly well. I can remember back to when every single post was read and approved by a member of PinkUn staff before being posted, which probably enforced something like the OP’s “think before you post” request, and it was just… well, less lively.

I also remember later when we were going down to, and then in, League 1, and it was pretty… well, lively or aggressive depending on your viewpoint, but we still managed to rub along together, despite the lack of grownups monitoring us. 

All human life is here, including the occasional binner, and that is part of the fun. Yes, sometimes posts/posters are annoying, repetitive, offensive, childish, trolling, or just plain stupid, but that’s true of the wider world, so why shouldn’t it be like that on here? 99% of us are City supporters and ultimately want the same thing, and I think that makes it mostly work, there is enough respect for each other to keep it functioning. If a posters p1sses you off, block them like Tilly says. I know I have. If you can see they’ve started (another) thread, don’t read it.

And I like Cambridge, he adds to the rich pageant of the PinkUn.

• Like 4

Agree with that Nuff, although i would like to give @Pete Raven a nod for his moderation of the board when required, to keep things legal, and sensible. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

It could be worse. This could be tumbleweed central Norwich Talk 🤣

Good Lord...Nooo! I'd be mortyfied.....

17 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Cambridge was guilty of policing it themself this weekend! 

50 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yes, sometimes posts/posters are annoying, repetitive

Yes, Sometimes posters are repetitive.

• Haha 2

CC gets plenty of stick but you need someone to start threads. I'd rather too many than the board just staying stale with the same threads not moving for days on end.

• Like 5